Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks

The thing is, I think that for every fan like you that dislikes the ST, there's a lot of others who are at the least indifferent to it or actually like it as much as the OT. Also, to a lot of kids, the ST is Star Wars to them just as the OT is Star Wars to older fans, and the PT is to those who grew up with the PT. So, from a business perspective, promoting the ST makes a lot of sense because you're appealing to a lot of kids and while they don't have much money themselves, their parents might and there are plenty of parents out there who would gladly fork out the money for this fake cruise because their little Johnny and/or Jenny wants to go it, badly. Dollars to donuts they're banking on families more than single adults or married adults with no kids. They're also clearly banking on families with deep pockets, forget us peons who live on a budget or just don't see spending that kind of money on a fake cruise when you can spend the same amount of money, or less, and go on a real cruise that lasts days longer to boot.
Exactly this. I'm a fairly active 501st/Rebel Legion member, managing to get out an do on average an event a month, so, I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on the general public and general fan perspective on Star Wars, and I can tell you with certainty that for as much doom and gloom and anger and bile espoused on forums like this and on Social Media platforms, the Sequel Trilogy and it's Characters are very much loved and very much cemented as not just Star Wars, but the Future of Star Wars. I have done multiple events that have Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Leia and other popular OT characters, but if there is a Kylo or a Rey there the kids will run right past these giants of the OT to get their pictures with those two and hug them. At this point the only characters that can outshine a Kylo and a Rey at an event are R2 and Chewie or a Scout if you a Baby Yoda in a bag, and then they just care about Grogu not actually the Scout.

The ST is Star Wars to this next generation of Fans, and they love the heck out of it. You just might not know it because they are, well, kids, and they aren't on Social Media blasting their opinions constantly as if they were facts, but, give it a few years and I'm sure they will be. That's what happened with the PT. When it came out all the "Adult" fans blasted it, rolled their eyes, and filled the internet with their disgust of it. There were some who appreciated and liked them, but the general tone of the internet was that they were an extreme minority. Now we are seeing those kids that grew up with the PT have an established voice online and in Social Media and suddenly it feels like there has been a tonal shift and a retcon to this idea that the PT was always beloved, and in a sense to that generation it was always beloved as it was their Star Wars growing up and now that they have a voice and a presence their opinion ion has been pushed out and kind of accepted as the default at this point.

So, yeah, if you only spend your time on the RPF and in certain corners of Social Media, you might buy into the hyperbolic statements like "No one cares about the ST or its Characters," but as someone who gets out there and does Star Wars stuff with the public, and who has a young nephew and niece, I can assure, there is nothing further from the truth.

Last edited:
Snow day for me today, been watching cruiser videos on YouTube all day

Seems like everyone so far who actually was there loved it, and everyone who hasn’t been on it hates it lol

I admit, that greedo chick is impressive!

Snow day for me today, been watching cruiser videos on YouTube all day

Seems like everyone so far who actually was there loved it, and everyone who hasn’t been on it hates it lol

I admit, that greedo chick is impressive!
Looks a lot more exciting now its complete up and running the ambient lighting looks cool..

Not my jam, but I can understand it being fun. From what I’ve seen the people who went so far have enjoyed it. As others have said, most of us here just arent the demographic for this.

I dont have a huge issue with things being focused on the ST, but Id also love if they embraced the Mando stuff more in their park. For how popular it is, they seem to only prioritize it for merch.

Not my jam, but I can understand it being fun. From what I’ve seen the people who went so far have enjoyed it. As others have said, most of us here just arent the demographic for this.

I dont have a huge issue with things being focused on the ST, but Id also love if they embraced the Mando stuff more in their park. For how popular it is, they seem to only prioritize it for merch.
My only issue with this is the price. It's way too expensive for how little time you get and for what you get. If it was half the price or less, I'd be all over it and telling my wife that we need to save up for this. As it is, for $6K, no thank you, I'll save the money and go on a real cruise or take a trip to Japan.

It'd take a lot for me to pay that price for an ST product.

In fairness 6K is for a family of 4. For 2 people i think it's 4K, which is still way high for 2 days. The concept sounds good - and i was all in on the original pitch, but not sure now.

I'd also add, it's WAY easy for all those people to like it, it was free for them. I'd wager those opinion would differ a lot if they paid full price.

I think you would convince yourself you loved it if you went there, in order to justify the price. Alternatively, you may hate it based on the exorbitant price if you don’t go. It does look better now than that awful commercial that they immediately took down. This is such a polarizing topic due to the cost.

It'd take a lot for me to pay that price for an ST product.

In fairness 6K is for a family of 4. For 2 people i think it's 4K, which is still way high for 2 days. The concept sounds good - and i was all in on the original pitch, but not sure now.

I'd also add, it's WAY easy for all those people to like it, it was free for them. I'd wager those opinion would differ a lot if they paid full price.
From a video that I watched, and linked to above, the key to enjoying the experience is related to how much you get into the immersion. According to the reviewer, if you really get into the interactivity and play along with everything then you're likely to enjoy it a lot. But if you rather not or don't want to have to play along, then the experience might not be so great.

If any of y’all go, I’ll pay you to get me one of the 3.75 scale build a droid exclusive astromech figures that’s like $14.

From a video that I watched, and linked to above, the key to enjoying the experience is related to how much you get into the immersion. According to the reviewer, if you really get into the interactivity and play along with everything then you're likely to enjoy it a lot. But if you rather not or don't want to have to play along, then the experience might not be so great.
Yeah if you like the Secret Cinema vibe..we loved our OG SW experience.
Four hours in a SW emersion then watching the movie with interactive cast and a Full size Xwing flying over head was breathtaking!

Not sure I would pay the 6k for only a few days..
I paid less than that for a two week stay in The Sheridan Hotel in Hollywood, me my son and daughter classed as Adults from 11(wtf!) with two week Disney pass a few years back.. it was Awesome!

The intial pitch the released a couple years ago did just that.

I'm paraphrasing, but it was something like:
"You're waiting in line to check in to the hotel, someone hurries through the room cutting through the lines and hands you a communicator on the sly and runs off only to be captured by first order strormtroopers who pump him for info and drag him a way. Your communicator actives and has a message that says meet me at the docking bay at 18:00 (or something like that). As you make your way to the rendezvous, you're approached by stormtroopers who arrest you. They take you to their shuttle because you're being taken to their prison ship. The pilot puts in a seat and takes off. After a few minutes he gets up and goes to the back saying 'don't touch anything i'm going to get something to each' (or something like that. Once he's out of sight, a comm panel lights up and it addresses you in a quiet voice saying 'we're going to save you, follow these steps to redirect the shuttle........."

That was the beginning of your adventure. Reading that, i was hooked. Price notwithstanding, i've not seen anything remotely close to getting me as psyched for this thing as that initial pitch. Maybe the stories and immersion they have are still that good i don't know. It's just that the schedule they released had your day planned from like 7am to 8pm. Didn't seem to leave a lot of time for the immersion part.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back