Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks

The intial pitch the released a couple years ago did just that.

I'm paraphrasing, but it was something like:
"You're waiting in line to check in to the hotel, someone hurries through the room cutting through the lines and hands you a communicator on the sly and runs off only to be captured by first order strormtroopers who pump him for info and drag him a way. Your communicator actives and has a message that says meet me at the docking bay at 18:00 (or something like that). As you make your way to the rendezvous, you're approached by stormtroopers who arrest you. They take you to their shuttle because you're being taken to their prison ship. The pilot puts in a seat and takes off. After a few minutes he gets up and goes to the back saying 'don't touch anything i'm going to get something to each' (or something like that. Once he's out of sight, a comm panel lights up and it addresses you in a quiet voice saying 'we're going to save you, follow these steps to redirect the shuttle........."

That was the beginning of your adventure. Reading that, i was hooked. Price notwithstanding, i've not seen anything remotely close to getting me as psyched for this thing as that initial pitch. Maybe the stories and immersion they have are still that good i don't know. It's just that the schedule they released had your day planned from like 7am to 8pm. Didn't seem to leave a lot of time for the immersion part.
Watch the video I posted, the person recorded their entire stay in the video and I'd say that it gives a pretty good idea of what to expect. Basically, the immersion is seeded throughout your stay, there's little missions that you receive through your "datapad" that you can do.

But other park guests are there too so its not exclusive yes ?
I'd certainly want it tailored to guests only but guess Disney being open 24/7 would be impossible...
Yeah, it's during regular park hours, but when you think of it, it's not all that different from what you would experience on a real cruise. Every time I've been on a cruise, there are at 3, or 4 other ships tied up or sitting just off the dock with all of their passengers on excursion alongside you. Then there are all of the locals as well as other tourists who are there but aren't from a cruise ship. But you get Lightning Passes so you don't have to wait in line as long and you get a pass for food and a drink. They also give you a button to wear so that cast members can identify you as being Halcyone guests, I don't recall what exactly they do for you though, I wasn't paying attention during that part of the video.

From my understanding there’s a “shore day” on day 2
i thought so, but i haven't seen anything yet. i have seen the tunnel they come from into batu but nothing else

i also think the star cruiser cloths looks great

a lot of people b1tching about the rooms but honestly... and im not defending them... how often are you in the room? when i went to galaxy edge, i was there from 7am to 11pm.. i could have slept in the parking lot i don't care lol

wow....
starcruiser.png

i thought so, but i haven't seen anything yet. i have seen the tunnel they come from into batu but nothing else

i also think the star cruiser cloths looks great

a lot of people b1tching about the rooms but honestly... and im not defending them... how often are you in the room? when i went to galaxy edge, i was there from 7am to 11pm.. i could have slept in the parking lot i don't care lol
That and the whole thing is supposed to be simulating a cruise, not a hotel stay. I'd say that for what you pay, they're really small, but for a cruise ship, they're about average.

Of course the press loved it. They got a free pass to check it out. If they want continued access they aren't going to be totally honest about their experience. Interaction in STAR WARS would rightly include battle scenarios. It's called Star WARS. Not Star CRUISELINES. Cruises imply relaxation. Getting interogated (harrassed) by actors about your allegience to the Rebellion while I'm trying to get a drink at the bar is anything but relaxing and FAR from exciting. It sounds annoying. You know what DOES sound like a Star Wars immersive experience? Flying a Spaceship, playing laser tag (with a Star Wars skin), or a lightsaber battle. Sorry, but walking around a Star Wars set watching actors putting on a lightsaber play for you is NOT immersive. Everything about that is passive. Being herded around like cattle as if you're running errands for your host at the tune of $6,000 without getting to actually experience this world is not worth a penny if you ask me. They may have added some more than we saw last but there is nothing there that looks or sounds even remotely impressive to me.

If you want an immersive experience spend your hard earned cash on a screen accurate costume and you'd at least have something to show for it rather than bragging rights that you went to an overpriced hotel. I'm certain those with an accurate Vader costume can tell you that they FEEL like they're part of Star Wars when they troop in that suit, far more than they would putzing around Disneyworld.

Last edited:
i really like the supercarlin brothers, they got invited and are pretty honest with everything they review. they go into some detail about the day in batu

looks like even the staff in batu will interact with those who are on the star cruiser, you wear a little badge that they can identify you with

so the carlin brothers are the first to give me a good run down of what's included

breakfast buffet (all you can eat)
lunch buffet (all you can eat)
dinner (regular sit down dinner)
multiple role play adventures (up to you to decided to participate or not)
1 day in baytu
both lightning lanes for rise of resistance and smugglers run
build a droid experience

so the carlin brothers are the first to give me a good run down of what's included

breakfast buffet (all you can eat)
lunch buffet (all you can eat)
dinner (regular sit down dinner)
multiple role play adventures (up to you to decided to participate or not)
1 day in baytu
both lightning lanes for rise of resistance and smugglers run
build a droid experience
I don’t like the day at Batuu. Seems like with such an expensive experience, you’d want to be doing new things you cant do any other time.

I’m watching the video Ordinary Adventures posted on YT and a lot of it looks like fun, if I could then go home at the end of the day. Make an adjacent bank of exclusive hotel rooms for the most spendy guests, but let me drop into the ship for a day and play. I would happily pay more than the price of a park ticket to go do this every so often.

Of course the press loved it. They got a free pass to check it out. If they want continued access they aren't going to be totally honest about their experience. Interaction in STAR WARS would rightly include battle scenarios. It's called Star WARS. Not Star CRUISELINES. Cruises imply relaxation. Getting interogated (harrassed) by actors about your allegience to the Rebellion while I'm trying to get a drink at the bar is anything but relaxing and FAR from exciting. It sounds annoying. You know what DOES sound like a Star Wars immersive experience? Flying a Spaceship, playing laser tag (with a Star Wars skin), or a lightsaber battle. Sorry, but walking around a Star Wars set watching actors putting on a lightsaber play for you is NOT immersive. Everything about that is passive. Being herded around like cattle as if you're running errands for your host at the tune of $6,000 without getting to actually experience this world is not worth a penny if you ask me. They may have added some more than we saw last but there is nothing there that looks or sounds even remotely impressive to me.

If you want an immersive experience spend your hard earned cash on a screen accurate costume and you'd at least have something to show for it rather than bragging rights that you went to an overpriced hotel. I'm certain those with an accurate Vader costume can tell you that they FEEL like they're part of Star Wars when they troop in that suit, far more than they would putzing around Disneyworld.
I suggest checking out some of the videos people have posted. In the video I posted the person freely admits that while they had lots of fun, it is very expensive and may not be everyone's cup of tea.

As far as battles are concerned, you do get to learn how to fly the Halcyon and operate its weapons. It's sort of like a stand up version of Smuggler's Run. But personally, I don't think that Star Wars necessarily needs battles and fighting to make it Star Wars. To me, just because wars is in the name, Star Wars is about more than just battles and fighting. Not that I mind it, but I don't think that it has to have any of that in order to be Star Wars.

Thematically Star Wars as a story, is certainly about more than just action. I agree with you there. All I'm saying is that if you're going to create an immersive real world experience at a pretty penny, it's most likely going to grab more people if you create a visceral reality with action. That's why theme parks with crazy rides attract people because they want the thrill. But to each their own.

Thematically Star Wars as a story, is certainly about more than just action. I agree with you there. All I'm saying is that if you're going to create an immersive real world experience at a pretty penny, it's most likely going to grab more people if you create a visceral reality with action. That's why theme parks with crazy rides attract people because they want the thrill. But to each their own.
wait until you get a load of this....

wait until you get a load of this....

I heard about these communities quite a while ago and thought it was just speculation. Scary as hell that it's being offered and also that people are willing to take part in it. Things like this are part the reason many get freaked by what the Mouse does.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's during regular park hours, but when you think of it, it's not all that different from what you would experience on a real cruise. Every time I've been on a cruise, there are at 3, or 4 other ships tied up or sitting just off the dock with all of their passengers on excursion alongside you. Then there are all of the locals as well as other tourists who are there but aren't from a cruise ship. But you get Lightning Passes so you don't have to wait in line as long and you get a pass for food and a drink. They also give you a button to wear so that cast members can identify you as being Halcyone guests, I don't recall what exactly they do for you though, I wasn't paying attention during that part of the video.
I've never been on a cruise..
But I have been in Venice Italy when they came into port...it was like Lemmings filling the city, very strange experience to watch.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back