Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks

We just got back from Universal in Orlando. I hope disney can capture Star Wars experience as well as universal has done with Potter.

Yeah, like I said Tootown is the only area of the park suitable for kids 5 and under.

Yeah, Toontown is popular with the little tikes and CA Adventure is going nowhere as it's more popular than ever after its rehaul a while back. But the new land purchases will allow them to move a lot of backstage facilities and offices and open up those areas for park expansion making the razing of any existing lands or parks unnecessary. One place I definitely won't miss, but I may be in the minority on this, would be the Big Thunder Ranch area where they currently serve up all you can BBQ for a hefty price; it's pretty decent BBQ but I can't eat near enough to get my money's worth and I suspect the same goes for most guests, which probably makes this restaurant a huge money maker for Disneyland.

Yeah, Toontown is popular with the little tikes and CA Adventure is going nowhere as it's more popular than ever after its rehaul a while back. But the new land purchases will allow them to move a lot of backstage facilities and offices and open up those areas for park expansion making the razing of any existing lands or parks unnecessary. One place I definitely won't miss, but I may be in the minority on this, would be the Big Thunder Ranch area where they currently serve up all you can BBQ for a hefty price; it's pretty decent BBQ but I can't eat near enough to get my money's worth and I suspect the same goes for most guests, which probably makes this restaurant a huge money maker for Disneyland.

Land the little goat petting zoo, my son liked that. :)

I love Disneyland and am a season pass holder. I enjoyed the Big Thunder Ranch area and the food, but I'll gladly give that up for Star Wars.

I love Disneyland and am a season pass holder. I enjoyed the Big Thunder Ranch area and the food, but I'll gladly give that up for Star Wars.

If it makes them enough money I vould see the BBQ restaurant getting relocated into Star Wars land with a re-theme. They eat meat in SW so it could become "The Bantha Pit" or something like that.

It was announced at D23 that there will officially be a life size falcon which you can board and is part of ride, the whole Star Wars theme park will on 14 acres of land.

Last edited:
For a little bit more info on what's coming to Disneyland and a look at the some of the new Star Wars merchandise now available at Star Traders check this video out.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ well, he's referring to the fact that the "full size" props used in the movies were a little undersized to begin with, and add to that the trouble with fitting all the sets inside, and determining if its in-universe size would really work if the little figures in the model's cockpit are 1:24, etc etc etc.

Last edited:
Yup. I'm still annoyed at the doesn't-really-work interior layout of the Falcon. The ring corridor hits the main hold square-on, and said hold is, itself, rectilinear, so that would mean it's either way offset so the starboard bulkhead is on the ship's centerline, or it's twisted at an angle to allow that junction. But it's close enough to the cockpit-access corridor that we know it's not offset, plus that would mean the corridor that heads out the other side would be poking out into space, a la the corridor outside Engineering on the refit Enterprise. When you exit the cockpit-access corridor, you're looking straight at the turret-access ladder -- at about a 45-degree angle from the centerline. But from the turret shots, the ladder is aligned on the forward side of the tube, on the centerline, with the access opposite it facing directly aft. And the boarding ramp hinges at the edge of the central turret, but the corridor we see them stepping of the ramp into is drastically offset to starboard from that point.

The only realistic (not a dirty word_ approach is to tweak things as minorly as possible to make it all work. This is, I think, the best revision I've ever seen to make all the observed elements work together:

mm-mf_zps579318e7.jpg

And that's the blueprint I'd use if I were to tackle building a full-size Falcon.

--Jonah

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back