Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks

I agree, it would no doubt be a logjam especially considering each group would need at least 10-15 minutes inside. Just seems like such a shame though to have an actual full size Millennium Falcon sitting there and not be able to go inside it. Or that X-wing and A-wing they have that you can't sit in the cockpit of and take pictures. Even that landspeeder they have there.

I'm sure the ride gives you a good sense but just imagine being able to walk up the ramp into the real deal. It's that kind of experience that would truly be magical. I'm hoping they open it up someday in some way.

Last edited:
I don't think that's practical... the lines to get into the actual Falcon just wouldn't make it feasible.

There is the pilot the Falcon ride and I'm hoping that through Disney magic there's the feeling that we are getting onto the Falcon.

The feeling is there. The best position is the right side pilot, just because you actually get to "punch it", but overall, they do a good job of putting you in the Falcon.

I agree, it would no doubt be a logjam especially considering each group would need at least 10-15 minutes inside. Just seems like such a shame though to have an actual full size Millennium Falcon sitting there and not be able to go inside it. Or that X-wing and A-wing they have that you can't sit in the cockpit of and take pictures. Even that landspeeder they have there.

I'm sure the ride gives you a good sense but just imagine being able to walk up the ramp into the real deal. It's that kind of experience that would truly be magical. I'm hoping they open it up someday in some way.

Based on what I've seen and read, they do a good job making you think that you're going inside the Falcon outside, even if intellectually you know that you're not. The ride's que ultimately puts you "inside" the Falcon where you get to spend a few minutes or so to admire the lounge area of the Falcon, complete with holo chess board.

Based on what I've seen and read, they do a good job making you think that you're going inside the Falcon outside, even if intellectually you know that you're not. The ride's que ultimately puts you "inside" the Falcon where you get to spend a few minutes or so to admire the lounge area of the Falcon, complete with holo chess board.
Yes. I have a lot of problems with the park, how they have you go "inside" the Falcon isn't one of them. It's just a really cool facade.

I have only done single rider so it may be an issue of perspective but the short gangway into the chess room didn’t really sell for me as entering the Falcon. I feel more like I’m boarding a real vehicle on the ramps at Star Tours. I think a short bridge with a bit more of the side of the Falcon visible as you approach would have sold the illusion a little better.

While you don’t actually get to walk up the ramp into the falcon, the queue is pretty impressive. Single rider bypasses all of this.

IMG_2566.JPG
IMG_2568.JPG
IMG_2569.JPG
IMG_2570.JPG
IMG_2571.JPG
IMG_2572.JPG
IMG_2573.JPG
IMG_2574.JPG
IMG_2575.JPG

So here's a "good kind" of problem:
I live in Florida. So one would think whenever I got to Galaxy's Edge it would be in WDW.
Well, a pal and I are going to L.A. in December and we've never been to Disneyland. So I'm going to see it THERE!
But here's the thing: the Rise of the Resistance ride will not yet be open during our visit. But it will be open by then at Walt Disney World. ARRG!

So, a tourist trap like WDW charges higher than normal prices for drinks and they think this is some kind of shocking revelation? Either theyre looking to play the victim card or have to be the dumbest people on the planet. After reading just some of that Twitter thread and seeing all the posturing and grandstanding...:rolleyes:

You mean an amusement park charges $15 per soda? I'm shocked! SHOCKED, I say! This is why I don't do amusement parks. Hiking trips are cheaper, and healthier. :p

Thats not soda on the receipt, thats booze. And again, the prices are typical of any sort of touristy place. No one forced those people to buy those drinks. And its not like they didnt see the prices on the menu ahead of time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back