Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

drcraig13

Sr Member
You know what I heard? You can't go inside Cinderella's castle, either! DISNEYLAND IS A DISASTER!!!
Yea you can. They have Cinderella's restaurant on the second level. Depending on the time you can't get to it from the front because of the daily stage shows they have every so often.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

CT1138

Sr Member
Yea you can. They have Cinderella's restaurant on the second level. Depending on the time you can't get to it from the front because of the daily stage shows they have every so often.
I remember spending by 5th Birthday dinner at Cinderella's Castle, and having the biggest bowl of ice cream of my young life.

Ron

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I remember spending by 5th Birthday dinner at Cinderella's Castle, and having the biggest bowl of ice cream of my young life.
I think there's actually a suite inside it and you can stay the night.
You know what I heard? You can't go inside Cinderella's castle, either! DISNEYLAND IS A DISASTER!!!
C'mon I wasn't being that dramatic was I? Haha

Solo4114

Master Member
When I went to Disney WORLD (which was, admittedly, back in 1985 or 1986), you couldn't. Maybe it was closed or something. Maybe Disney World's version isn't open but Disney Land's version is. I have no idea. All I know is that I still had a good time at the park and it didn't matter.

I dunno. I just see a lot of stuff online that seems hell-bent on rooting for the ultimate failure of all things Star Wars that post-date 2012, including gleeful predictions of how poorly Galaxy's Edge will do/is doing, and how much of a faceplant the ST is and blah blah blah.

Every review I've heard from every person who's been to Galaxy's Edge has been nothing but positive. They all loved it and thought it was really cool. Nobody was bitching about how you couldn't go into the big Falcon, how you were on some unknown planet, how much drinks cost, etc. It was just a cool theme park where they had a good time.

To be clear, I'm not saying that everyone here has been negative about it at all, let alone to the degree I describe, but I think a lot of the negative takes that I've seen here (and especially those I've seen elsewhere) are pretty overblown. And I don't buy the predictions of its imminent demise.

Ron

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yeah I hear ya. Especially the "parks are empty videos". But there are fair criticisms of it as well.

Honestly though, from when they first showed concept art of it and I saw the Falcon sitting there, I hoped it was going to be accessible. Admittedly I never saw it stated that it would be. I just hoped it would. I'm sure a lot of people did. The Falcon unlike a building is almost its own character. So many great moments happened in it. For me, seeing it from the outside is not enough. For others, it is. I understand it probably isn't feasible to open it up but I don't think that makes my disappointment unfounded (I know you weren't saying that). And as good as it looks, I don't believe the ride would be convincing enough for me.

Oh well, not the end of the world. But would've been cool.

Last edited:

harrisonp

Sr Member
Had the blue milk yesterday and I didn’t care for it. The taste reminded me of a melted Sonic the Hedgehog popsicle, and not really in a good way.

I personally appreciate the non dairy approach because I don’t do dairy but the taste just isn’t really something that evokes anything remotely milk like, and I think that issue would pervade even if it WAS cows milk. It wasn’t refreshing and almost reminded me of medicine both in taste and texture.

I still stand by my thought that the only food from SW I really wanted to try was the portion bread and veg meat that Rey eats in TFA.

I’m also worn out of going single rider on the Falcon after getting the biggest bummer of a crew yesterday. Next time I ride it will be stand-by with as close to a full crew of friends as I can muster.