Disney Store Raiders Idol anyone get in on it?

The idol has finally arrived.
3cum5M8l.jpg

zjBZ1Vsl.jpg

iekXXIKl.jpg

CHgELCUl.jpg

So this is the same idol that came out awhile back then? I have one and it appears identical. I like it,I had just hoped Disney would go for super accurate.

To my eyes it looks just like the $79 Toynk version (though I haven't seen that one in person). It is just an officially licensed replica. It is a shame that Disney didn't take the opportunity to get an accurate Hero version, rather than this stunt replica that is all ready out everywhere. It is still a nice prop replica to have.

To my eyes it looks just like the $79 Toynk version (though I haven't seen that one in person). It is just an officially licensed replica. It is a shame that Disney didn't take the opportunity to get an accurate Hero version, rather than this stunt replica that is all ready out everywhere. It is still a nice prop replica to have.
I think someone said it is the same mold that was used for the Sideshow idol. Bigger than the Toynk one.

I think someone said it is the same mold that was used for the Sideshow idol. Bigger than the Toynk on
it’s not the sideshow casting

I'm not digging the base they added on. I realize it sits on a small surface and I'm sure the base was added to give it some added stability, but just not digging it. It's not bad but there are so many better ones available.
Not surprised at all nobody with any licensing capacity cares about accuracy. We haven't seen an accurate licensed one yet so as with so much around here, its up to the fans.

It looks like the Toynk but:

- the size difference makes this feel a lot more massive
- the Toynk color looks like 18K gold (so more reddish), while this rather looks like 14K - matter of taste
- the Tonyk doesn‘t stand stable, if at all - needs some kind of some support or double side tape

If you like real and more reddish gold and you don‘t care about screen accurate size, the Toynk is fine. Also better to handle when cosplaying.

It looks like the Toynk but:

- the size difference makes this feel a lot more massive
- the Toynk color looks like 18K gold (so more reddish), while this rather looks like 14K - matter of taste
- the Tonyk doesn‘t stand stable, if at all - needs some kind of some support or double side tape

If you like real and more reddish gold and you don‘t care about screen accurate size, the Toynk is fine. Also better to handle when cosplaying.
The Toynk when it first was released if you guys recall was Made a bit nicer . I have purchased several over the years and I can say for sure that the quality has gone down over time . The last one I received was absolute trash in every way . The plating was a disgrace the build itself on the underside has a hole that is covered up by a very charming “made in China “ sticker. If you pull that off it reveals the hole for the casting that was never filled just covered by the sticker just like in the movie ? The Disney Idol IMO is much nicer in every way . Is it perfect? Nope but show me one that is or even close they don’t exist . I have said this before I have had the 1000 replicas they are not accurate and have not been casts from the original mold or off a real production Idol .

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back