Director Krennic Costume Build

Found this on Ebay for a standee. Never seen this pic before.
$_57.JPG

I am fascinated with Krennic's costume and have one coming in soon. Glad to meet a fellow cosplayer. I have been following your thread. Sounds like you're off to a great stop.

I have the version of dosimeter with silver clip

Hey Philo!

A subject I know something about. :) The yellow color of the clips is due to an anti-corrosion coating on them. They are not made of brass, though they can look like they are. In the replicas I made, I used brass, but the originals are made of coated steel. Some examples of the blue-topped dosimeters have clips that look only slightly yellow or not yellow at all. One of my examples is like this. Later versions of the Dosimeters used a different coating and appears as a dull white metal. Either white metal or yellow metal would likely be correct, although Krennic's are clearly white.

Hey Philo!

A subject I know something about. :) The yellow color of the clips is due to an anti-corrosion coating on them. They are not made of brass, though they can look like they are. In the replicas I made, I used brass, but the originals are made of coated steel. Some examples of the blue-topped dosimeters have clips that look only slightly yellow or not yellow at all. One of my examples is like this. Later versions of the Dosimeters used a different coating and appears as a dull white metal. Either white metal or yellow metal would likely be correct, although Krennic's are clearly white.

Hi my friend how are you?
I agree with you all, even the two dosimeters are real steel with covered with yellow zinc similar to brass or bronze econ time goes, in fact, the dosimeters clip I'm a little spoiled you see the steel without coating , I think both are good..

Hi my friend how are you?
I agree with you all, even the two dosimeters are real steel with covered with yellow zinc similar to brass or bronze econ time goes, in fact, the dosimeters clip I'm a little spoiled you see the steel without coating , I think both are good..

I'm great Philo. I love seeing your replicas!

Didnt' work.. I see he has some boxes on his belt
View attachment 689417View attachment 689419
oh, thanks, I don't know why it didn't work haha. You can see those in the pictures of the costume at the star wars celebration, so it's good to finally get a clearer look at them. I assumed he just had the standard belt boxes but they look like some kind of ammo clip actually (not that I know nearly enough about this kind of thing to elaborate). It's too bad tbh, the boxes would have been easier to find for sale haha.
star-wars-rogue-one-costumes-orson-krennic-1.jpg

What are you doing for the cape? I have been looking for a pattern. but have been unable to find one.

My cape is white cotton, I think (I've already forgotten oh boy) and I used the schematics I had at the beginning of the post to do it. I don't have any pictures of it with the hand holes (some people think they're pockets?) installed yet but I found a picture from dragon*con the other day of me in my mark II uniform (I just took it apart to do mark III last night oh boy). I think I used about 5 yards of fabric, because I wanted to make sure it was as huge as possible haha, so here's how it came out :)
tumblr_ohxy11tOlS1qaaba7o2_1280.jpg

I personally hate using pure cotton, it always feels kind of unfinished and it wrinkles like crazy(although nowhere near as much as the fabric we used for mon mothma haha). It billows really nicely when I walk, I'm really happy with it :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey also: I found a video today of Ben showing off his gun, just in case anyone wants it for reference. If anything, it just made me pretty sure that there's no way on earth that I can make this gun, and I'm going to have to pray that they'll sell one close enough that I can just mod/weather it to completion x.x

Last edited by a moderator:
Also diving into a Krennic costume. Ran across this and thought I'd join the discussion.

Can anyone confirm the colour of tunic and cape? Alot of the pics look light grey. Did anyone see the actual costume when it was displayed?

I did see the display, and the tunic is white with some light distressing. The cape is a light grey treated cotton.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back