Dinosaur Fans! Check THIS Out!

Mine made it this way Saturday morn. Me and my oldest son of 7 got it assembled in under 10 minutes! Great kit, will look oh so good after some TLC.

Thanks for the help TridCloudwalker! True gent!

:thumbsup

What's the point of a TRU in Europe, if they don't sell the good stuff? :rolleyes

You're welcome, guys! I'm always willing to help out a fellow RPFer.

If anyone else wants one, my local store still has a few left, and I can always order them online (at least until the supply runs out).

I would love to grab one of these if I didn't already have this version.

IMG_2182.jpg

Holy crap! I just managed to snag one of the 45" 1/10 scale Geo World T-Rex kits off ebay for $11.50!!!! Comes with a life size tooth replica too. :love :love

Well...I'm glad I only paid $11.50 for this hunk of garbage. Sure, it looks impressive, but it's gonna take a LOT of work to get it display worthy. The GeoWorlds T-Rex is made out of a very soft plastic, almost a hard rubber. Every single piece is BADLY warped and will need some time with a heat gun to straighten out. Also, the type of plastic pretty much renders modifications impossible. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to dremel out the filled in vertebrae between the hip bones like I did with the TRU kit. It fits together very poorly, and has no internal armature like the TRU kit and gravity has already caused it to randomly break apart several times since I've had it dry fit together. I'm sure with some pins and glue, it'll be quite secure, but that's a hassle I was hoping I wouldn't need to undertake. Also, it has 11 pairs of ribs, where it should have 12, and cheats some detail in the neck by molding several vertebrae together, as opposed to TRU's individual vertebrae.

Here are a series of photos of it compared next to the TRU Rex:
05-11-10_1303.jpg

05-11-10_1302.jpg

05-11-10_1304.jpg

05-11-10_1305.jpg

05-11-10_1306.jpg

05-11-10_1307.jpg

05-11-10_1308.jpg

05-11-10_1309.jpg

05-11-10_1311.jpg

05-11-10_1310.jpg

05-11-10_1313.jpg

The other cool thing is that the kit comes with a full size tooth, though I have no idea if it's a cast or a sculpt:
05-11-10_1314.jpg

And also included in the auction was a HUGE bag of plastic dino toys which I'll be donating (unless someone here wants them for their kid or pre-school), but I'll be keeping Wash's Stego from Firefly:
05-11-10_1345.jpg

I have both the TRU Rex and the Geoworld one..after all the reviews I really expected more out of the Geoworld. It is bigger and has slightly more detailing but it's been a royal pain to keep together. I've wired it together on a temporary basis...one day I hope to replace the rod and really pose it up right. I think Luis Rey re-did his that way..or maybe it was Pastori.

Try eBay..my Geoworld Rex came from there..it wasn't much really.

I've been told the skull is really inaccurate..not 100% sure why. This fellow replaced it with a more accurate ( if expensive ) one.

P1010261.JPG

link : My Garage Kit Gallery

I wouldn't mind doing mine posed like SUE when she was at our local museum.

I'm very sorry for bumping up such an old thread but has anyone bought one of these lately and re-painted it? I would love to hear your thoughts. I'm considering getting one.

It can be improved, but I have mine original. I bought two, one for me, one for my boy when he was old enough. He turned four in June - it blew his tiny mind. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back