Dieabolics Stone Predator W.I.P Pic HEAVY

Looks great so far man! How are you going to get the lifted decks shoes into the feet? What kind og adhesive did you use? I ask, because I'm getting ready to start tackling my feet.

c-ya,

Bryan

Bryan,
I have actually cut the sole of the foot off and was thinking about using Velcro to attach it to my lifts. Scott makes his feet with the built in tread on the bottom but since latex wont hold up for very long on rough surfaces I am thinking this may work best. It also gives me the ability to be able to remove my lifts for repairs and such. The bottom layer of the lift will become the tread now. I may look at painting it with something non slip for safety but I have not gotten that far yet. As far as the adhesives go I am using a combination of super glue to bind the individual layers together and a product called loctite stick and seal to hold the shoes on. The loctite should dry to a clear, flexible solid to allow for walking without the shoe breaking free of the lifts. Super glue drys too stiff and tends to crack when attached to a surface which will flex.(so far the layers of the lifts don't flex enough to be an issue). I hope this helps.
Mike

Wow, that is some serious height increase, certainly formidable and nothing to laugh at. I can't wait to see you in the whole outfit, that is going to be one impressive predator. Great work so far.

Ok folks, finally a new update. I have been moving houses so it has been hell to try and work on this suit but I am trying to finish it in the next week and a half for the comics convention here in Charlotte NC. Als need to send a HUGE thank you out to Julie for the most excellent countdown timer, this really added a killer look to the suit and I am sure it will impress the crowd. Now on to the pics.

Gauntlet timer, ready for activation.

gauntletstandby.jpg

Start up.

gauntletstart.jpg

Counting down.

gauntletcountdown.jpg

And last but not least my right leg assembly.

rightlegassem.jpg

Sorry for the phone pics but I really need to get some shots and share some new progress.

gauntletstandby.jpg

gauntletstart.jpg

gauntletcountdown.jpg

rightlegassem.jpg

First, thanks for the great compliments I have been getting. Todays update is my lifts for my feet. They will add a little over 5 inches of height and are completely hidden in the feet that Mannowar(Scott) made for me. Thanks again Scott. I will eventually build up the sides slightly to help fill out and hold the shape of the foot. I have walked in these and they give enough flex to be comfortable and they do an excellent job of boosting my 5' 9" height to almost 6'10" when I have the head piece on. They are made from layers of exercise equipment matting that is sold at walmart and a pair of deck shoes for a total cost of about $25 US.

lifts.jpg

Good idea, they never look right unless they are extremely tall!

lifts.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back