Die Cast Lighted 1/350th TOS Enterprise (TOMY crowd funded)

what am I looking at here? a polar lights 1/350? pro built? is that the colour it comes in, i.e. requires no painting? is it a lighter shade of grey than the tomy? any chance you can fit them both in the same shot?
That was a pre built that just had to be snapped together, no painting required . Offered two or three years ago !

That was a pre built that just had to be snapped together, no painting required . Offered two or three years ago !
cool cool. i too would like to see an MR vs TOMY showdown vid, but so far nothing on the u-tubes. for some reason i'm under the impresh the MR is lighter in colour.

buying the Tomy when you already have the MR is kinda overkill tho. i don't see that being a sizable club.

cool cool. i too would like to see an MR vs TOMY showdown vid, but so far nothing on the u-tubes. for some reason i'm under the impresh the MR is lighter in colour.

buying the Tomy when you already have the MR is kinda overkill tho. i don't see that being a sizable club.
Not an MR ! This is just a static (no electronics) . Just snap together !

Because its a matte paint. It's not a smooth shiny slick surface. Take you finger nail and rub it gently in a spot you will never see. I bet it leaves a little mark. Also look at your saucer from all angles in light. You are bound to see a tiny blemish or two.
You need stop rubbing it before the genie comes out!

My model came out pretty well overall, a couple blemishes here and there but nothing egregious.
The one blemish that really bothers me is that the inside of the bridge dome seems to be dusty. And being on the inside, I can't clean it. A bunch of specs are visible in the dome. That makes me twitch a bit.
Although I don't think I'm alone, I've seen the same in a couple pics here.

My model came out pretty well overall, a couple blemishes here and there but nothing egregious.
The one blemish that really bothers me is that the inside of the bridge dome seems to be dusty. And being on the inside, I can't clean it. A bunch of specs are visible in the dome. That makes me twitch a bit.
Although I don't think I'm alone, I've seen the same in a couple pics here.
Yeah the domes aren't perfect but mine isn't so bad. Does not bother me as you gotta look really really close to see.

mine arrived today. i didn't really understand what a behemoth this gorndarned thing was until i had to try and fit it in my ford fiesta.

some prognostications: there will never be a product like this produced, ever again.

it's the first of it's kind, and it will be the last. there won't be enough TOS TREKKIES left alive to support a large scale project like this in 10 years.

there will be 3d-printed stands and cosmetic patches available on ebay in short order

this will SKYROCKET in value. the thing is ********** 46 pounds. that's insane. how can this be half the price of its plastic cousin, in 2023 inflated dollars?

there's simply no precedent set for full-metal enterprise collectibles, because they haven't existed except in 70's tonka versions. tomy has indeed gone boldly where no man has gone before.

and alotta thanks they got for it.

Last edited:
mine arrived today. i didn't really understand what a behemoth this gorndarned thing was until i had to try and fit it in my ford fiesta.

some prognostications: there will never be a product like this produced, ever again.

it's the first of it's kind, and it will be the last. there won't be enough TOS TREKKIES left alive to support a large scale project like this in 10 years.

there will be 3d-printed stands and cosmetic patches available on ebay in short order

this will SKYROCKET in value. the thing is ********** 46 pounds. that's insane. how can this be half the price of its plastic cousin, in 2023 inflated dollars?

there's simply no precedent set for full-metal enterprise collectibles, because they haven't existed except in 70's tonka versions. tomy has indeed gone boldly where no man has gone before.

Man that is morbid LOL!!! Hey I'm young enough in 10 years to still be around LOL! Yeah I could be hit by a car or fall down the stairs or fall in a manhole but I want to see more metal star trek ships from TOMY! I'm young I can live longer!!! LOL I want more TOS!

Man that is morbid LOL!!! Hey I'm young enough in 10 years to still be around LOL! Yeah I could be hit by a car or fall down the stairs or fall in a manhole but I want to see more metal star trek ships from TOMY! I'm young I can live longer!!! LOL I want more TOS!
that's fair, but you kind of stepped on my punchline, which is that if you opened up the 1701 into the cinematic universe, and not just the '68 TV ship, you usher in an entire new generation of trekkies who grew up with the movies, 1979 (STTMP) to Undiscovered Country (91)

hence....why a full-metal enterprise refit has to happen. has to.

Last edited:
that's fair, but you kind of stepped on my punchline, which is that if you opened up the 1701 into the cinematic universe, and not just the '68 TV ship, you usher an entire new generation of trekkies who grew up with the movies.

hence....why a full-metal enterprise refit has to happen. has to.
LOL sorry about stepping on your punchline!

In general I question the whole popularity of TREK and whether it has sustainability. From old Trek to New Trek the community isn't as big as other franchises whether you talk about young or old. I'm rare in that I love SW and TREK and I know more people that love SW than trek...easily...and lets not talk about Marvel. Shame really.

But I totally agree I want a REFIT! I pray that TOMY makes one! PRAY. Because let's face it all other makers will charge an arm and leg for any trek ships at 1/350 scale! And forget about being Diecast!

i'm working on a business proposal to send to tomy, in regards to a die-cast refit. I'm going to offer my services mostly free to create a FB group and generate awareness for an upcoming crowdfund, the central conceit being collectors have certain holy grail items they dream of, but they need time to allocate funds for, for big purchases. in other words you can't just plop down a crowdfund and say "YOU GOT 28 DAYS to COME UP WIth 900 BUX SUCKA"... in the collector world it doesn't work like that.

I think with a 6-12 month ramp up promotion, a full-metal and lit refit enterprise would easily eclipse the 5k funders mark, even at a 699 or 799 price point.

but i'm going to need your guys support on this, when I go to tomy with this proposal.
Sounds great I'm there! I hope they accept your proposal! I'd be willing to pay more for a REFIT for sure! If they see the enthusiasm and potential profit I mean why not! I am sure the members here...especially the ones who paid and kept their TOS will most definitely want a REFIT and support such a cause to make it so!

A) This is a fantastic replica/model even with the plug holes and seams (half the crowd cheers - the other half boos my fanboy/Pollyanna comment)
B) Tomy deserves every ounce of negative feedback and loss of trust they receive (the other half cheers while the first half thinks I kick my dog for fun and see the bad in everything)

A and B are not mutually exclusive and can both be true at the same time.

I absolutely love my Tomy Enterprise. It’s the center of my Star Trek collection now.

At the same time …

Watch Chris Huisman sell us “vicious” Trekkies (he actually means this in a positive way) hard on how we won’t even know the seams are there at 11mins 30secs of Danoby2’s live stream promo of the crowdfund (Live Stream Star Trek Original Series TOMY ENTERPRISE discussion …) that was the ONLY reason I knew about the project in the first place and why I immediately bought into the CF.

Watch Chris again on Tomy’s own live stream promo video (TOMY Prestige Select Start Trek U.S.S. Enterprise - Facebook Live) answer a direct question about the seams being filled in, sanded, painted - it’s gonna be totally flawless at 4mins 20secs.

I’m sure Chris is a great guy and fantastic designer and that he truly believed what he said when he said it and had every intention to make good on it. But I know if I made that kind of commitment to my clients on a $1.8M project and didn’t deliver that I would not be client-facing again.

I’m going to go back and admire my awesome Enterprise some more!

Anyone else having a problem installing the deflector dish end cap on the secondary hull? When I put mine in place, I cannot rotate it far enough for the raised areas on the rim to match up with the secondary hull forward extensions at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock. It stops about 1/4" from rotating fully clockwise. I'm not sure what it is hanging up on and don't want to force it.

Thanks
So far I can’t get mine even into position! It will not sit down into place! I want to bend the tabs but if it’s metal so that won’t work I’d probably snap it.

Attachments

• IMG_5485.jpeg
    IMG_5485.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5483.jpeg
    IMG_5483.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
So far I can’t get mine even into position! It will not sit down into place! I want to bend the tabs but if it’s metal so that won’t work I’d probably snap it.
I’m probably Captain Obvious here - but the tabs are different sizes, yes?

EDIT: Disregard - now that you’ve attached the pics I can see that isn’t the problem. I know I place mine on parallel to the ship (no tilting). But again, I’m sure you tried that.

Last edited:
Well I did finally get it seated with a lot of effort. Now it won’t turn into place AND I also can’t get it to turn out or lift it out.. it should not be this hard.. it’s where the batteries go!!

Attachments

• IMG_5487.jpeg
    IMG_5487.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back