Did you Disneybound Star Wars Style for Galaxy's Edge or Galactic Starcruiser? If so, post your pictures.

Yes. But I think the better idea is a hybrid using both a custom print accented with the 3D printed parts. However the problem for me is that I can’t design parts and. I would have to rely on Shapeways to print.
Getting the models would certainly be the tricky part. I've just been making mine in TinkerCAD, it's a pretty easy program to use, and I just kind of look around online for inspiration.
Before I got my own 3D printer I used 3D Hubs to do most of my printing, which let you hook up with local people who print things, often on their own home printers. Though it looks like 3D Hubs has changed and only uses their own service now, you can't get local service. It sounds like MakeXYZ (3D printers, CAD designers, CNC, and 3D scanners in your neighborhood) might hook people up with local printers but I'm not entirely positive.

I wouldn't mind sharing my models if there's anything in particular that you're looking for.

I found a couple of things I like. I can go with used:

I found a pair of new Austrian Army Surplus BDU Field Pants and bought them. I really like them as they really have a Star Wars feel, no visible closures, no back pockets, and high waist.

I ordered this shirt in hopes of one day Star Wars Disneybounding.

View attachment 1334414

They had other colors like white and off white but I didn’t want to make it look like I was trying to replicate a Poe or Han style costume. Plus I just think I’d look better in blue. Trying to come up with my own rebel/resistance loyal character who would make his way through Batuu.

My shirt did not work out. I thought I ordered the right Chinese size but I was still off. I will re order soon but I am debating on the color. I like blue very much but I also like the natural beige color as it seems more fitting with the rebel/resistance color scheme and will be cooler in the sun.

This is only slightly related to dressing up, but I’ve been envious of the convenience of carrying a saber in the shoulder bags the sell at Galaxys Edge but didn’t really care for the look (or the price). Today I made my own! It’s more of a scabbard than a bag but I’m very pleased
C64A9C6C-29C3-4564-BB31-88D170A2583B.jpeg

I opted to let the blade protrude a bit in order to keep the empty scabbard length down. Might fully enclose it eventually.

It’s perfect. That looks like something you might see on screen.
Thank you! I went through a period of hating/not knowing what to do with this vest (it had been spray painted a shiny tan from its original blue and grey scheme) until the other day when I decided to paint the whole thing brown and add the accents on the back. It needs a couple greeblies on the front, one of which will go in the place of the stitched on FOX logo. I need to work out some more accessories, and then get some people together and actually go to GE dressed up.

Edit: I don’t know why these pictures are coming out sideways, but here’s a greeblie update. The circles are stacks of washers hand riveted to the jacket, and the comm/tech thing on the opposite side is MDF, some zip tie pieces, and a washer.
D168DBC8-EC65-4121-AAF2-FEB1E91A33FD.jpeg

Last edited:
First time in two years we got back to Galaxy’s Edge, this time in Florida. Friggin humidity kicked our butts. :)

edit: wife actually likes this pic. The one we did last time she hated herself in. Her pseudo Leia outfit also drew raves from quite a few people.
8D2F4F16-1CA1-4599-A308-A0A9ED3F55F4.jpeg

Last edited:
What time of day did you take that photo? There’s no one around?
Maybe 10 am. We got lucky, the place was getting really crowded but it was really clear right there for just a minute. There was a lady and her kid in a stroller hanging out right behind us, I asked her if she could move just out of frame. Most people were doing okay taking their pictures and moving clear. A few hours later we went back for the Rise ride and that brown fence was nothing but stroller parking.

Below pic was taken a few minutes later. Starting to fill in. it was busy as heck when we went back about one, and after four it was clearing out pretty well. Ignore the time stamp, I have no idea why it says that time. I took it while discussing whether or not to grab a bite somewhere.

Attachments

• 6D002076-EAA6-4A4E-9277-8E213D613F48.jpeg
    6D002076-EAA6-4A4E-9277-8E213D613F48.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Two days later we went back to Galaxy’s Edge, this time in normal clothes. I include this picture for humorous reasons. The ONLY time we could book Oga’s was 9:25 am. We are west coasters visiting Florida so we started getting our drink on at our circadian rhythm time of 6:25 am. It had been so hot and humid in my pseudo solo outfit I just couldn’t hang with another version of that. But we did see this adorable little girl walking towards GE, totally Rey’d out with a family tagging along with ZERO Star Wars clothing on.

Attachments

• 738F07A0-0386-4F24-884E-1BE31CC9E7C3.jpeg
    738F07A0-0386-4F24-884E-1BE31CC9E7C3.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 126
  • C0527606-6BB3-48C1-B1E7-206EBC15A8A9.jpeg
    C0527606-6BB3-48C1-B1E7-206EBC15A8A9.jpeg
    567.1 KB · Views: 125
This time it was for us but we forgot to make reservations well in advance. I think you have 60 days ahead once you have your ticket and park reservation. We forgot and booked it a few weeks ago, taking the only time we could find. Two years ago I was able to book it at Disneyland without much of an issue, but it was 60 days ahead.

Last call came quickly, faster than I remember and the whole bar got the bums rush to get out for the next group.

Rise of the Resistance is a crapshoot. We bought 7 day passes and had reservations for three days at Hollywood studios JUST to make sure we had three tries at the virtual queue. First day at exactly 7am there we are on our phones in the app clicking to join the queue, and within a half second our friends were group 57 and we were 90.
park opened at 9 and we rode it as group 90 at about 4pm.
Two days later was another booked day at Hollywood, 7 am we are once again clicking, I was faster, group 50. Our friends were just as fast I thought but they got shut out. It was a Friday though and was busier. I am thankful we got on not just once but twice, but apparently it’s not hard to get shut out based on the speed with which the boarding groups disappeared.

My buddy tells me I have to get ready at 6:55am to start checking, my fear is the app crashing

the cantina we couldn’t get the 60 day ahead.. we keep checking but figure the closer we get maybe we’ll get lucky?

My buddy tells me I have to get ready at 6:55am to start checking, my fear is the app crashing

the cantina we couldn’t get the 60 day ahead.. we keep checking but figure the closer we get maybe we’ll get lucky?

For RotR, find a location with great phone reception and then turn off you phone’s WiFi. The connection will be much better. We went two days and got boarding group 30 and 23.

I had my Apple Watch face set with seconds so I knew when it was going to be 7:00 am. I started about 10 seconds prior and pulling down the screen (to reload the page) as fast as I could until the button for join appeared then you select your group and submit.

Last edited:
To add to MJF above, go on early and make sure you are still signed in, the app does have a tendency to kick you out, but it didn’t crash during the queuing either time. Open app, click around to MY PLANS or something to make sure you are staying signed it, then go back to the virtual queue. The second time I had a countdown going on my ipad while using my phone. You do have to have fast fingers. I had never seen the process when I did it the first time and didn’t realize I had to click JOIN and then CONFIRM YOUR PARTY on the next page, losing a fraction of a second that first time while my brain processed the information instead of just clicking.

To add to MJF above, go on early and make sure you are still signed in, the app does have a tendency to kick you out, but it didn’t crash during the queuing either time. Open app, click around to MY PLANS or something to make sure you are staying signed it, then go back to the virtual queue. The second time I had a countdown going on my ipad while using my phone. You do have to have fast fingers. I had never seen the process when I did it the first time and didn’t realize I had to click JOIN and then CONFIRM YOUR PARTY on the next page, losing a fraction of a second that first time while my brain processed the information instead of just clicking.
Looks like they made a change. If I am reading the information right, you can now set up your party prior to attempting to join the queue. Looks like they are trying to eliminate those not completing the process and a more streamlined process. Click this link for details…

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back