Disney's Galaxy's Edge

bustn63

Does anyone have any information on what real-world items are used in the props used around Disney's Galaxy's Edge?

There are a BUNCH of whatever this thing is. Apparently someone else wanted to know what it was, because the paint has been scraped off where an ID label is. However, I searched for those part numbers and still didn't find it.

Attachments

• 20240118_132154.jpg
    20240118_132154.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
  • 20240118_132157.jpg
    20240118_132157.jpg
    1,004.2 KB · Views: 82
They're on the top of barrels/crates in queues, and I suspect they were chosen because their spikiness discourages one from sitting on them!

There are a BUNCH of whatever this thing is. Apparently someone else wanted to know what it was, because the paint has been scraped off where an ID label is. However, I searched for those part numbers and still didn't find it.
It looks like cover of a transfer case or some sort of gear box.

There is also a couple of these Vietnam-era US Military Surplus Night Vision Goggles carrying case Model #AN/PV5-5A in Smuggler's Run. A repainted version was also seen in Sabine's apartment (Ahsoka)

Picture1.png

IMG_7039.jpg

Picture5.png

Piles of clay tagine lids (Moroccan cookware) over by Ronto Roasters
IMG_8137.jpeg
IMG_8142.jpeg

Actual vintage antique milk cans by the milk stand.
IMG_8138.jpeg

It’s been said, but a simple search for Pelican Hardigg cases will reveal a lot. Also featured are a lot of these military surplus aluminum medical containers (pic from eBay)
IMG_8140.jpeg
IMG_8139.jpeg

Pretty sure these shadow boxes are some kind of old sterile instrument tray (pic from eBay)
IMG_8143.jpeg
IMG_8145.jpeg

One of the classic “camtonos” a.k.a the Hamilton Beach ice cream maker from ESB can be seen in the line for Rise of the Resistance.
IMG_8144.jpeg

IMG_8146.jpeg

If you have the space, you can sometimes find these olive/water barrels on craigslist for as low as $50, depending on where you live. Painting them would be quite a project though!

Picture1.png

I went crazy when I saw the barrels and cases at Galaxy’s edge. I researched them a lot and not all are painted. Many where left red and you see them a lot in the movies and shows. I modeled the vents and have the STL for anyone that wants it.

Attachments

• IMG_3890.jpeg
    IMG_3890.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3792.jpeg
    IMG_3792.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3789.jpeg
    IMG_3789.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
I went crazy when I saw the barrels and cases at Galaxy’s edge. I researched them a lot and not all are painted. Many where left red and you see them a lot in the movies and shows. I modeled the vents and have the STL for anyone that wants it.

Very nice! Good work! It's true, there are a bunch of them in Mando S1.

Picture1.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back