DH-17 ANH/Andor?

GreyGuard38

It looks to me like the Guards on Narkina 5 use the same DH-17's that the Rebels used in A New Hope. Does anyone know if the prop guns were actually any of the same ones used? Just curious. I need to get one someday... :)

They certainly weren't originals. Not least because of age but also they have subtle differences from ANH to the Andor ones.
The magazine being the main one.

Attachments

• 2C616580-04AC-46CE-85DD-6EB77B4075B8.jpeg
    2C616580-04AC-46CE-85DD-6EB77B4075B8.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 173
  • andor.jpg
    andor.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 165
They are DH-17 blasters. Variants of the DH-17 are all over Star Wars movies and series. For the discussion of prop replica purposes, the ANH original prop is very different than any other DH-17 variant seen including those you referenced in Andor.

Last edited:
I assume they're reused from Rogue One which were built from Airsoft S&T Sterling SMGs like the Stormtrooper Blasters, annoyingly the S&T Sterlings are annoyingly rare and expensive, from what I've seen they only do sporadic production runs of them.

If they are the same props then they've been cleaned up, repainted and had the slings and flashlights removed.

ixjgtqspsjaz.jpg

I assume they're reused from Rogue One which were built from Airsoft S&T Sterling SMGs like the Stormtrooper Blasters, annoyingly the S&T Sterlings are annoyingly rare and expensive, from what I've seen they only do sporadic production runs of them.

If they are the same props then they've been cleaned up, repainted and had the slings and flashlights removed.

View attachment 1671150
I think it very possible Andor reused the R1 blaster. I also think among the changes listed, the swapped out the scope as well.

Funny, they must have created those singlepoints themselves, the proportions and details are all wonky!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back