Dexter's Kill Bag and Tools

I assume this is a one-off custom job and not a mass-production prototype?

The guy who is making it, Betomatali, will most likely offer a run of 7-10 on the Sideshow Freaks message board. Him and his girlfriend make amazing accessories in 1/6 scale.

Regardless of the 1/6 version, I would like this info so I can get myself a set of Kill Tools knife by knife.

If it is a custom knife, is there anyone here who can make a run of them accurately?

I go to school for what is essentially a combination of Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Design, so I'll talk to the head of the Manufacturing department... I got an A in his class!

joshuameltzerdavidkonef-1.jpg

I'm thinking that maybe the handle is an off the shelf knife. Perhaps the original blade was taken out and --where the indents are-- maybe there was originally a rubber grip there? The back (where you can see the blade come through) could have originally had a rubber grip as well?
Maybe just the blade is a custom? (I HOPE).

All theoretic, but keep your eyes peeled for the same shape handle with grips.

Just realized this pic shows the kit pretty well.
kill-room-final_1.jpg

It looks like the "pick" I mentioned may not be a sharpener/honer, but more like a scratch awl.
D-O-Smith-22565-rw-59483-16890.jpg

Any leads on the syringe case/components?

The more I look at the pic below, the more I think Knife #2 was cut from the Global Spatula. The right edge looks jagged and uneven to me.
vlcsnap657783-1.png

Maybe it was cut from this?
1310.jpg

What do you guys think?

Maybe it was cut from this?
1310.jpg

What do you guys think?

DAMN! You JUST beat me to posting that. I kept coming back to it in my searches thinking "If only they made a knife with THAT handle" then I looked back at the blade and thought "Holy WOW!" that's it!

My money is on a hacked up 8" spatula being the source of the knife. It might explain why the curved edge looks so roughly done in a few pictures.

...the Global Fish Spatula shares the same handle as well as a few other spatulas that they make, so if someone is looking to save a few bucks, you might want to try buying one of those and ADDING your own blade, instead of just modifying the more expensive source spatula. (I'd say it's a sure thing that the 8" spatula is the source)

-Nick

DAMN! You JUST beat me to posting that. I kept coming back to it in my searches thinking "If only they made a knife with THAT handle" then I looked back at the blade and thought "Holy WOW!" that's it!

My money is on a hacked up 8" spatula being the source of the knife. It might explain why the curved edge looks so roughly done in a few pictures.

-Nick

I'm thinking so too. I hope we can get more people to agree with us on this. I strongly feel that it is.
Looking at the pic of Lila in her Jeep (a page or so back) it looks like maybe where the Global Logo is written on the blade is all scratched up.

As for the #2 "knife" I just noticed that Global also makes a 10" spatula. Do we have dimensions of any of the other knives yet so that we might be able to scale the blade to discover which spatula is made from?

8" still feels right based on eyeballing it, but it's always best to check your math.

The only thing that makes me say it might be the 10" is based on the distance from the handle to the presumably scratched out Global logo on the blade...it just seems higher up the blade than it is on the 8".

-Nick

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back