Dewy and Anakin Starkiller's Accurate Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode 1 Lightsaber Design

Love my resin Maul, can’t wait to add this Obi to it
It’s almost as though you sound like this fellow:

5E48353C-2622-4118-9573-DAE9ACFF2BF2.gif

Seeing as how this will need to be assembled, what type of glue would you guys recommend for a decent yet removable bond? I don’t like cyanoacrylate because of the white haze the fumes create, and it’s also setting too quickly and is brittle. Clean up is often difficult.

2-part epoxy would be ideal for a definitive assembly as it has none of the drawbacks cyano has. But it’s not removable.

Ideally I would like the parts to decently stay in place for display but also be easily removable with minimal clean up should I want to access any individual part for modification or replacement.

Any input appreciated !

EDIT : StevenBills recommended E6000. That’s similar to what people use on Graflex grips? It appears to be a good choice. Gel texture, dries clear, remains flexible and works on many surfaces. Wouldn’t PVA glue work as well?

Seeing as how this will need to be assembled, what type of glue would you guys recommend for a decent yet removable bond? I don’t like cyanoacrylate because of the white haze the fumes create, and it’s also setting too quickly and is brittle. Clean up is often difficult.

2-part epoxy would be ideal for a definitive assembly as it has none of the drawbacks cyano has. But it’s not removable.

Ideally I would like the parts to decently stay in place for display but also be easily removable with minimal clean up should I want to access any individual part for modification or replacement.

Any input appreciated !

EDIT : StevenBills recommended E6000. That’s similar to what people use on Graflex grips? It appears to be a good choice. Gel texture, dries clear, remains flexible and works on many surfaces. Wouldn’t PVA glue work as well?
I find that E6000 works better than PVA for sabers.

Yea, I agree! It dries really strong and can take vibration. It is tough to get off but it beads up and peels off with almost no residue. It’s just so strong that weak or flexible greeblies might break before the glue does! I have to “slice” along the bottom of T track so as to not bend the track, which I’ve done when I try to just pull them off haha

Last edited:
As to that new Obi wan stunt with a metal emitter - yes there does seem to be a spacing block but… looking at others from this collection… there’s glue everywhere. This isn’t indicative of the hero lol

Attached is the Obi Wan face and the adi gallia

(Of which I’m very excited to see metal parts of that one up close)

Attachments

• IMG_7591.png
    IMG_7591.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_7590.png
    IMG_7590.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_7589.png
    IMG_7589.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_7588.png
    IMG_7588.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 114
Added a bit of tape to a couple points in the core to fill the air gaps and it has firmed up the forward assembly. Also sanded the LED faces a bit (should have done that before installing them with glue but got it with the pinched corners of sandpaper without effecting the bezels too much)… and glued the emitter bolt threads flush with the washer.
Feels firm! And looks amazing wherever I set it down ;)

IMG_2308.jpeg

Bryan and I were texting and doing the same work at the same time. Such a great hilt! My new favorite TPM.

Darth Hez (DH Studios), AS Aluminum/delrin, AS/Dewy, Saberz
20+ year old saber, 10+ year old saber, brand spanking new 2023, also 2022/3

IMG_9787.jpeg

IMG_9788.jpeg

Order flipped for this one:
IMG_9789.jpeg

Bryan and I were texting and doing the same work at the same time. Such a great hilt! My new favorite TPM.

Darth Hez (DH Studios), AS Aluminum/delrin, AS/Dewy, Saberz
20+ year old saber, 10+ year old saber, brand spanking new 2023, also 2022/3

View attachment 1707474
View attachment 1707475

Order flipped for this one:
View attachment 1707476
Nice collection, Chris! Maybe you could do a YouTube video review/comparison showing the slight differences between the different variants sometime. :) That would be fascinating.

Last edited:
Hey is that O ring supposed to go up inside the emitter? I've only been able to squash onto it like 1/2 the thickness

I just remembered there are two sizes included for the neck O-ring (#24). If that is what you are referring to, the thicker one should be more accurate. The thinner one can be discarded.
:) yeah I meant the thicker one. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to find a way to stuff it up into the emitter shell, if that makes sense.

I bought some M10 threaded studs just because... going to find some aluminum tubing and shrink wrap too

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back