And I've pretty much finished my favourite bit...the engine bay;
20210827_132521 (2).jpg
20210827_132544 - Copy (2).jpg

And got the lights working;
20210827_133550 (2).jpg
20210827_133610 (2).jpg
20210827_133628 (2).jpg

Need to add a few more Sealab 'hurdles' and finish the weathering

This got me to thinking about over-large toys. Imagine if you will a wired carbon fiber as a tensegrity “rebar” cage for a wedge shaped styrofoam block about the size and shape of yours. Now you have greebled snap-on plastic plates with pins/needles to push home…rather like color by numbers. Tongue-in-groove as well as glued. It is now painted and still light enough to play with.

That might work better for the REBELS ISD in that while tall, it’s Starfleet flush. Me, I might do a Pierre Drolet version with 21st century weapon parts and each greeble actually having a purpose…the sharp nose used to breach hulls and have troops march in. The things I could do…had I the time, money and skills…which I don’t.

Something for you to ponder down the road. This may only work for ISDs due to triangular strength.

Hey Tom, is it really u? are u back?. It's 4.41m x 2.59m x 1.17m

Yeah, it's me. I have been around but how many ways can a person say I hate you, I love you, your so amazing, I am so jealous, etc. I figured it was getting old, but I have been following all your threads.

We were unable to go to Germany again this summer, so I am hoping next year the world will let us go and I can finally see all these amazing creations.

You never cease to amaze.

It wasn't getting old dude...u are hilarious...a much needed bit of colour in what can be an overly serious business. think it's going in the main museum corridor but I'm not sure, I just make 'em

I owe u a set of Falcon 5' files if u still wanna build it?

Glad to here it. I was worried it was getting annoying.

With Flimzy and her amazing 1/6 Spinner now in the mix I have twice the jealous hate to spread.

Heck yeah I am still gonna build it. I was gonna get with you in the Spring when I hope to get the two printers and get started. I am happy to buy them from you off Etsy though. You deserve it for sharing all your work.

If this goes well I hope to buy and build a few more of your designs.

Plus I bought the huge JazzInc. 1/6 Falcon cockpit so you know what I am thinking? It needs the rest of the Falcon.

Are you putting the 1/6 Falcon plans on Etsy?

Okay back on topic this is gonna be,,,. I looked up synonyms for Epic and found very little, so we will say a "grand" Star Destroyer.

Lacks punch.

How about:

Why haven't we hired this guy?:

1630515563314.png

This has always been one of my favorite ships and might be my favorite build of yours, although that is hard to really narrow down. As always, amazing work! Looking forward to seeing this completed!!

Thanks guys...as far as the 1/6 falcon files go, I reckon it's easy enough to scale up the greeblies and parts to print and everything else has to be scratch built'

So, more progress on the ISD...

Before fitting the top skin permanently, I had to take care of the trenches; plenty of Rad8 action

20210901_062257.jpg
20210901_062318.jpg

Top skin is fitted and the superstructure boxes are on and have started placing/fixing greeblies
20210903_132401 (2).jpg
20210903_132426.jpg
20210903_132444.jpg
20210903_132456 (2).jpg
20210903_132509.jpg
20210903_132533 (2).jpg

Obviously, with this being the ANH Devastator, the antenna is in the upright position. Still loads more greeblies to go but it's coming along

Nope, nope, nope. This non sense has gone on long enough. There is no way you got all this done in the last five days. Nope,..no way. You sir are hiding the Oompa Loompas! Oompa Loompa Doopity doo,,,,,,,,. Sorry, once you think Oompa Loompa the song is in your head.

If you are reading this little guys we are coming for you. You will be free!!!!!!!!!!!

OLLM

It might be a camera illusion but it looks like the bridge face is aiming up. Shouldn't it be at a 90 degree angle with the top building?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back