Destiny Xûr's Strange Coins (for 3D printing)

Adkos

Hello The RPF, this is my 1st thread ^^

I wanna share with you my first attempt at 3D modelised something, and here it is : a Strange Coin from the video-game Destiny.

There's already some 3D Strange Coins on the internet, but they only have a "face" side, no "tail".
Mine have both, with the "agent of the nine" symbol on the tail.

StrangeCoin_Hand_1280.jpgStrangeCoin_Head_1280.jpgStrangeCoin_Loot_1280.jpgStrangeCoin_Tail01_1280.jpg

You can download it for free on MyMiniFactory, just here : https://www.myminifactory.com/fr/object/destiny-xur-s-strange-coin-two-sided-high-resolution-12964

I really hope you'll like it !

These are amazing man! I don't own a 3d printer nor know anyone who has one /: are you able to purchase things from myminifactory? or would it be possible for you to sell these?

I may have modelised these thing myself, the original design and idea is from Bungie.

I don't really want to fight with'em for legal purpose, so I will not sel this.
And even if I want to sell this, it's something like 1 hour to print, plus the print job (5 hours for the three coins). A lot of work !

The best tip I can give you : downloa the model for free on MyMiniFactory, then see on 3D Hubs ( https://www.3dhubs.com/ ) if someone can print it for you :)

Your strange coins are great. It seems like every Friday I wish I could print my own.

Thanks for the link.

Adkos I printed your strange coin, cleaned it up, and cold cast it in brass. I cast the center in tinted epoxy and epoxied it in place. I painted the recesses to simulate glowing. These two are Christmas presents for a couple friends.

Strange Coin.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing the .stl!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Just wow.
It's impressive !

Have you some pics of the other side, with the Nine sigil ? I'm curious about seeing it in brass.

Really neat work, and glad you like my stl that much !

I do have pics of the back.

Strange Coin 2.jpgStrange Coin Back.jpg

I bought a box from Michael's (craft store), and cut some 1/4" foam to size to fit a coin snugly. I grabbed Destiny / Traveler logo off Google Images, and made a quick stencil and stippled it on the box top.

Strange Coin 3.jpg

Adkos I will, absolutely! I have been thinking about making one for myself. I will make two. I would be happy to mail one to France

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back