Destiny Costumes - Suit Help

Littleblondgoth

Hey,

My partner and I are planning on doing some Destiny costumes - most likely a Hunter for him and a Titan for me. We're happy with the armour making portion of it all, but sewing has never been my strong point.

For any Destiny cosplayers out there, what did you do for your undersuits, and what sort of fabrics did you use? We've been studying some reference material, and we reckon it looks almost like motorbike gear in some ways... Cost isn't so much of an issue, getting them looking accurate is. :)

Hello!
I have made a Hunter costume from Destiny.
For my "Mk. 1" I wore a pair of OD green tactical pants that I initially used for airsofting.
I then got an OD green shirt from a clothing store to use as the under suit for the top.
Painted using fabric paint.
10389190_728292027259044_1863922389731750272_n.jpg

But for my MK. 2 suit I just wore black skinny jeans and a black long sleave T-shirt for the undersuit.
Best buy 1.jpg

I do plan on taking an old pair of jeans and an old long sleave shirt that fit comfortably to my body to use as a template for the new undersuit that I will be sewing together. Not completely sure on what fabric i want to use yet. From close up shots in game it looks like the under suits are made of leather, but others have a quilted pattern to them.

Hope this helps!!

- - - Updated - - -

Hello!
I have made a Hunter costume from Destiny.
For my "Mk. 1" I wore a pair of OD green tactical pants that I initially used for airsofting.
I then got an OD green shirt from a clothing store to use as the under suit for the top.
Painted using fabric paint.
10389190_728292027259044_1863922389731750272_n.jpg

But for my MK. 2 suit I just wore black skinny jeans and a black long sleave T-shirt for the undersuit.
Best buy 1.jpg

I do plan on taking an old pair of jeans and an old long sleave shirt that fit comfortably to my body to use as a template for the new undersuit that I will be sewing together. Not completely sure on what fabric i want to use yet. From close up shots in game it looks like the under suits are made of leather, but others have a quilted pattern to them.

Hope this helps!!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back