Desert Hunter and Usurper Wolf paint up

LOOKIN GOOD MAN!

take a profile pic for me would ya? :)

Thanks mate! Heres one of the side, not a true profile. I can take one more side-on when i get home if you like!

09.jpg

Cheers!

A very fitting paint up for your mask. Awesome rust effect. Its very hard to nail it but you did.

The kind of magnets you need you probably need to buy online. Your hardware store probably won't have anything strong enough without it being huge. You might want to check and see if these guys will ship to you http://www.magnet4less.com/product_info.ph...products_id=667 I've used them before and this is the size and thickness that I find works best. They do offer them nickle plated but the epoxy coated stick much better to any kind of glue of epoxy you might use to glue them in to the bio. Be sure to sand the inside of the bio where you plan to glue in your magnet so that the glue or epoxy grabs better (I would go with epoxy). Good luck bro, it can be a paint getting the magnets to line up how you want them to. I'm sure it will be a snap for someone with your skills. :)

I stand corrected, :)

Not at all bro. I've just been there and done that. I can't think of any store that would have the need to carry rare earth magnets in the size we need. Hardware stores carry tiny ones that cost as much as the bigger ones online. The only downside to online is of corse is the wait.

Not at all bro. I've just been there and done that. I can't think of any store that would have the need to carry rare earth magnets in the size we need. Hardware stores carry tiny ones that cost as much as the bigger ones online. The only downside to online is of corse is the wait.

We have a pretty cool hobby/specialty store here in Orlando called Sky King, that offers up all kinds of crazy stuff for the "inventors" in the area, so I guess we're lucky. I stumbled upon them trying to find something at Home Depot (Sales Associate told me about them). Perhaps an inquiry at local hardware stores and/or craft stores will produce the name of a local specialty story that is hiding somewhere.

Wow, that looks amazing bro, really love how its coming out the bio looks like it fits perfectly on it. I can't wait to see it with some lenses, any idea on what you might use for the lenses?

cool, just wanted to see how the bio fit the mask from the side. thanks dude.

No problems, it fits really nice, the bone ridges look like they hold it in place. Im assuming you'd get the same great fit from a P1 or anything based on a P1 also.

A very fitting paint up for your mask. Awesome rust effect. Its very hard to nail it but you did.

The kind of magnets you need you probably need to buy online. Your hardware store probably won't have anything strong enough without it being huge. You might want to check and see if these guys will ship to you http://www.magnet4less.com/product_info.ph...products_id=667 I've used them before and this is the size and thickness that I find works best. They do offer them nickle plated but the epoxy coated stick much better to any kind of glue of epoxy you might use to glue them in to the bio. Be sure to sand the inside of the bio where you plan to glue in your magnet so that the glue or epoxy grabs better (I would go with epoxy). Good luck bro, it can be a paint getting the magnets to line up how you want them to. I'm sure it will be a snap for someone with your skills. :)

Thanks heaps bro, much appreciated! They ship to Australia, and at $2.10 i can get a bunch! How many do you reckon i might need for 2 bios?

That's one sick looking bio, the paint up fits really well with ur halfmask. Great job mate!

Thanks a lot mate, glad you like it!

they are both coming along famously.

mike

Thanks Mike, more to come! :unsure:

That is a beautiful paint job! The rusting is incredible.

Cheers mate, Im glad with the end result, but i think it is easier to do than the method i used so i might try something different if i do a rusty one again

Wow, that looks amazing bro, really love how its coming out the bio looks like it fits perfectly on it. I can't wait to see it with some lenses, any idea on what you might use for the lenses?

Cheers bro! I think im gonna go with a mesh, maybe black or rusty metal. I really like the look of the mesh on the Ancient in biohunter76's sig, so maybe something like that but rusty. Or just some fly screen, haven't decided yet but ill get it done real soon!

Thanks for looking, and commenting, its all very much appreciated!
Replica

I usually use 3 in the bio and 3 in the mask. You can use metal in the mask but the hold is much better with magnets. Better to have too many than not enough.

Awesome, too easy! I'll order up some in the next week or so.

Also, ive started (and nearly finished) my Wolf bio:

09.jpg

And i took Usurper's advice and tracked down some liquitex gloss varnish, came up a treat:

10.jpg

The 'dynamic' lighting was actually just the sunlight, i didnt realize just how 'staged' it looked until i was resizing it!

Thanks for looking!
Replica

I am absolutely LOVING that desert pred man... that rusty ancient is beautiful!

COuld you possibly put the head on so we can see how the dreads lay on ya ;) Thats always my favorite part hahaha. I understand if not GREAT WORK!

I am absolutely LOVING that desert pred man... that rusty ancient is beautiful!

COuld you possibly put the head on so we can see how the dreads lay on ya Thats always my favorite part hahaha. I understand if not GREAT WORK!

Cheers bro! Not a problem, the bio is still just sitting without magnets or Velcro, and the mesh and lasers aren't on there yet. My physique is not quite the same as the pred, but you get the idea! (please excuse the cob webs, really must speak to the maid... )

10.jpg

dude great job on the rust, your work looks very neat...

Kudos for you..

Thanks mate, im glad you like it! ;)

Replica

Awesome paint on the bio. There's a streak of rust down the left brow ridge that makes it look like it was sitting underneath a rain spout or something similar constantly dripping water over it. Very neat effect, I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it just adds to the thought that the mask has been unused for a long time.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back