Desert Hunter and Usurper Wolf paint up

the lines on the crown plates are def coming through better now. are you using a phone camera?

man that just looks so nice.

WOW...I really like your rendition of a desert pred. Looks great!

Cheers mate :)

the lines on the crown plates are def coming through better now. are you using a phone camera?

man that just looks so nice.

Thanks dude! Yeah, I wanted to really show off all the nice detail, of which there is heaps! I'm taking the pics with an iPhone 4 camera, but if you don't like them I can take some snaps with a digital SLR.

Cheers for looking, all comments welcome!
Replica

well yeah if you got a better camera show off your work! these pics are nice but a better camera will show it off even better.

well yeah if you got a better camera show off your work! these pics are nice but a better camera will show it off even better.

Good point! Sorry it took so long, i went away for 3 days, but im home now and luckily got about 2 hours of decent sun so i decided to do it outside. Hopefully the pic show the colour is a little more 'natural', but this pic is much better so ill likely do this more often! :p

06.jpg

Hope you like it! Cheers for looking!
Replica

That looks cool....havent been around much lately and this is the first paintup of Damans halfmask that I have seen.
Great colours.....if he is mad max inspired....are you gonna get suited up when you are finnished and get down to coober pedy for a photoshoot? I dont know if it is still there or not but they used to have a full scale model of a crashed spaceship......would make for some excelent pics with the desert in the background.

Dude,

You seriously need to do a full face Desert Pred.
I would love to see that concept taken one step further.

Great Paint Up!

really great picture. colors look amazing bro.

Thanks mate! Im happy with how its coming along!

That looks cool....havent been around much lately and this is the first paintup of Damans halfmask that I have seen.
Great colours.....if he is mad max inspired....are you gonna get suited up when you are finnished and get down to coober pedy for a photoshoot? I dont know if it is still there or not but they used to have a full scale model of a crashed spaceship......would make for some excelent pics with the desert in the background.

Cheers! Id love to do that, but im really far from any of the red center, but it would look awesome! Last time i was up there i saw the ship, i believe its a prop from the movie 'Pitch Black' that was filmed up there, would make a perfect backdrop!

Dude,

You seriously need to do a full face Desert Pred.
I would love to see that concept taken one step further.

Great Paint Up!

Cheers Vin, Id love to get the suit put together. Im thinking of a sort of scavenger style pred, which im really keen to do. But, even though ive done a fair bit of research the true scale of a full suit is immense, but i do intend to do it!

Agreeing with Vin on this one; you really, REALLY, need to further show your talent. Great job! :p

Thanks heaps for the kind words bro, im gonna do up one of Casey's Ancient bios all rusty looking next, so hopefully it turns out nice!

thanks for the better pic! that's a damn nice paintup man. i can't say it enough.

Cheers mate! Its a very unique sculpt, and was an absolute blast to paint! Cant wait to see more of these popping up!

Thanks for looking folks, really, really appreciate it :unsure:

Replica

Sorry for the double post! But i started work on my Usurper Wolf mask as i wait eagerly to get my grubby mits on some sweet biohunter76 bios.

Heres the first pic, its just undercoated at the moment. I started out painting model kits, and always undercoated them so that habit has transferred over into how i paint my masks too, but ive seen plenty of people not bother undercoating latex.

01.jpg

I undercoat, and basecoat with a gravity fed spray gun (for cars) cause i dont have to thin the paint as much and it runs at a far higher air pressure, giving me a very even coat all over and great coverage.

02.jpg

I haven't stopped with the desert hunter, im just waiting for the bio!

Cheers for looking!
Replica

looking forward to seeing Wolfie painted up differently from the norm :rolleyes:

I'll probably do him up like he is in the movie, dont think ill do a bare headed desert hunter cause the back of the head is unique to the half mask. BUT i do hope to do a wolf suit too, depends how im feeling when i get my skin! Im getting an Ancient and a Wolf bio from Casey, so both will be fully wearable!

booooooooooooooooooooo.

joking buddy, love seeing what people do with my crap, whatever the style they chose :rolleyes:

Haha yeah, same old boring wolf

Im still tossing up which one would be best, P1, P2 or wolf for the desert pred, im leaning towards a closed mouth P2, as its slightly more reptilian and apparently someone on the lair is working on a sweet closed mouth P2 at the moment ;)

Heres another shot, this is after 2 undercoats of white, 2 basecoats of a light cream colour and started on the browns that will be under the black. I'll do one more coat of the light brown, then a coat of darker brown and then do some spot work before switching from spray gun to sir brush for the black and highlights.

03.jpg

not too interesting at this point, but things will start to get good real soon :lol:

cheers,
Replica

Just a quick update, got the wolf finished except for dreads and quills. Ended up only taking 5 hours, but only just got the pics uploaded. Heres a few of the pics i took as i was going:

Browns, and start of the spot work (near the eyes)
04.jpg

Black added over the brown, finished the spot work with darker browns and black. Shaded the scarring and started the inner mouth with a deep violet colour.
05.jpg

Added the green to the scarring, and re-highlighted the scars. I wanted the scarring to be very subtle because i wanted them to look like they were very old wounds, but was sure the keep the green shining through on the broken mandible as there would still be a large amount of blood flow into that area. You can see the first stages of highlighting the inner mouth here too. I added some green and blackening in there as well.
06.jpg

Heres the mask just prior to the finial highlight with straight white on the fore head and inner mouth and just before the teeth went in.
07.jpg

Quills and teeth are in (I'll take it outside with the DSLR for a pic soon) and dreads will be done in the next month or so (when i get a new job to pay for them :rolleyes: )

Cheers for looking, cant recommend the Usurper Wolf highly enough, its so much fun to paint and is so detailed - very, very cool!

Cheers,
Replica

Sorry for the triple post, but heres the finished Usurper Wolf (minus dreads)

08.jpg

The teeth are almost completely unpainted cause the screen used Wolf mask's teeth looked pristine and very clean. I just looked at my cats teeth to get the colours of some of the channels in them but besides that they are just the colour of the white resin.

Cheers,
Replica

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back