Interest Denix Mauser Accurizing Services for ALL Blaster Versions

Boba Debt

Master Member
06-25 UPPDATE

I received 2 prototype lowers, and an extractor back from the shop last night.

I am very happy with how everything turned out.

I have the cost for each service and it is based on 60 units for Accurazation and 30 units for the ROTJ details.

It will cost the following

$40 for the 2 sided Denix Accurazation Services which includes the following:

1. Mill all 5 pockets which makes them flat and more defined
  2. Remove the Denix Logo
  3. Mill the bolt flat and mill the extractor shape into the bolt
  4. Mill the Magazine Plate outline on the bottom of the magazine and add a Ball or Flat Fixed Button
  5. The only option available is to exclude the button hole drilled on the magazine plate for people that want to add electronics to the blaster, this does not decrease the cost
  6. Reverse the Rear Sight
  7. Remove the Bolt Nub
  8. Apply Cold Bluing solution to the extractor to darken it.

$20 for the ROTJ Blaster Machine Denix Details

1. Milling the Key Hole Slots in the former Denix Logo Pocket
  2. Milling the spot faced Holes on the Rear Square on the left side
  3. Drilling two .125” holes on the left side for the piston rivets
  4. Drilling one .125 hole on the right side for the piston
  5. Drilling and Tapping two 10-32 holes for the scope mount.

I like everything with the exception of the following:

• The arch in the logo pocket and its opposing pocket on the right side need little less radius so it does not look like it has a flat top.
  • I think the “horseshoe” milled line on the bottom of the magazine plate need to be deeper and slightly wider. I think I get to much fill in when the paint is applied
  • I think the ROTJ Key Slots need to be deeper

No one is interested in JUST the ROTJ Details but if anyone wants to change their reservation to JUST that process it would be more (probably $45) since the initial set up cost for each part is amortized across a sum group of processes performed.

Normally the cost would be less for higher numbers but in this case the machinist and I have agreed to fixed cost (for 60-100 units) mostly to accommodate the fact that he was willing to do all of the work required to make these 2 prototypes and based on the set up time involved. Even with the jig, each unit has to be dial indicated in due to variations in the casting process.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

06-13 UPDATE

Everything is programed and the shop was able to machine the Extractor and Magazine Plate details.

They should have the pockets milled by the middle of next week..

The Extractor looks great, he used a Sharpie to blacken the machined area

There are 2 versions of the Mag Plate Details,

This is the first attempt is identical to the MGC but the counter sink looks too big compared to a real Mauser

The second attempt looks more like the real mauser but I don't have one for an exact comparison

What do you think so far?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Part of my ROTJ Blaster Active Project is providing machining services for the Denix Mausers. Originally is was just going to be the milled details on the left side of the mauser, but now it has expanded quite a bit.

During the course of discussion I decided to provide services to make the Denix Mauser more accurate. These services can be applied to any Denix Mauser weather it is already converted into a blaster or still in the box.

Depending on what you want to do, you will be able to buy a new Denix Mauser{s} or send me yours.

In order to cover all bases I will use this thread to gauge the interest in 5 different items, which are:

1. A Deluxe Mauser Run. The price should be $87.50 for a Mauser with Wood Grips with Brass Grip Screw & Brass Escutcheons installed

2. Wood Grip upgrade for plastic gripped Denix Mausers. The price should be $37.50 for the Wood Grips with Brass Grip Screw & Brass Escutcheons installed

3. Denix Accurizing Service . $40

4. ROTJ Blaster Specific Machining Services. $20

Due to the scope of this project I must limit myself to no more then 100 Mausers, considering that I have about 40 people from my ROTJ Project (some of which want 3-4 mausers accurized) this list could fill up fast.

I will also give preference to my ROTJ Project members if the project numbers exceed 100 mausers

If you would like to get on this I need you to do the following 2 things:

1. POST BELOW

2. Send an email to bobadebt@ec.rr.com with the following info:

Subject: Denix Mauser Accurizing Services

Then put the following info in the body:

• Forum ID
  • Full Name
  • Address
  • PayPal Email Address

• Number of Denix Mausers you want Accurized
  • Number of Denix Mausers you want the ROTJ Blaster Specific Details applied to

• Quantity of Mausers you want to BUY

OR

• Indicate how many you plan to send to me for the modifications
    • (please include the condition - New in Box / Loose / Converted
    • Grip Type - Wood / Plastic
    • Grip Hardware - Factory / Brass

• Additional Info

EXAMPLE>

Boba Debt
David Deyarmin
106 Cherry Branch Drive
Havelock NC 28532

I want 3 Mausers Accurized
I want 1 of them with the ROTJ Blaster Specific Details

I would like to buy one mauser and will send you 2 additional Mausers, one is new and the other is a converted ANH Blaster.
I need one set of wood grips.

I will will remove the ANH Parts

Now here are the various aspects of this project explained in more detail

1. A Deluxe Mauser Run.

So far this year the cost has not gone up so I am sure I can keep the price at $80 for the mauser and then I charge $2.50 for the Brass Grip Screw & Brass Escutcheon hardware and $5 to install it.

I used to give people the option to just buy the hardware so they could install it themselves but that caused issues so to keep it simple I will Just offer Deluxe Mausers which will mean you get the hardware and the installation as a package deal.

2. Wood Grip upgrade for plastic gripped Denix Mausers.

If you need to upgrade a plastic gripped Mauser to wood grips I can provide them with the Brass Grip Screw & Brass Escutcheon hardware installed for $37.50.

I don’t have very many sets left from my first run so I may have to do a second run but I am sure the lead time to make and ship them from Spain should not exceed the time my machinist needs to modify your mausers.

3. Denix Accurizing Service

There are many things you can do to make a Denix more accurate but I have to limit this project it to what can be reasonably done on a project scale.

Here is a list of the Denix Accurizing Details that I plan to offer as a package

• Mill both POCKETS on the left side deeper which also removes the Denix Logo
  • Mill all 3 POCKETS on the right side deeper
  • Mill the TOP SURFACE of the bolt and mill the EXTRACTOR into the top of the bolt
  • Mill the Mag Floor Plate Details &Provide a Button. (Button & Hole will be skipped if you are going to install electronics)
  • Reverse the Rear Site
  • Remove the Bolt Nub

At this time I have no plans to modify the Trigger because this job is best suited for hand tools. I also have no plans to modify the area between the Trigger Guard and the Grip because the new Mausers seem to be accurate but I will leave this open to discussion.

I am going to send my machinist 10 mausers tomorrow and he is going to do all the modifications. Since this is such a weird project for production shop such as his this is a necessary step to determine cost and capability

4. ROTJ Blaster Specific Machining Services.

Here is a list f the ROTJ Blaster Specific Details that I plan to offer as a package

• Cut all 4 milled details on the left side
  • Drill the 2 holes for the pistons on the left side
  • Drill the single hole for the piston on the right side
  • Drill and tap the 2 holes for the scope bracket.
If all goes as planned this kit will take a few minutes to bolt it together, all of the holes will be drilled and tapped if required.

I will add a mauser disassembly tutorial to this thread.

PLEASE DISCUSS

Last edited:
LIST (Only Mauser Info will be listed here)

01. A 1 / R 1 / Shadowknight
02. A 2 / R 1 / mogaert
03. A 1 / R 1 / Extreme_too2
04. A 1 / R 1 / Poseidon11
05. A 1 / R 1 / enaswede
06. A 3 / R 1 / rogueleader
07. A 1 / R 1 / IndustrialActn
08. A 3 / R 1 / ATARU72ITA
09. A 3 / R 1 / masterjedi322
10. A 2 / R 1 / Tommychamp
11. A 3 / R 2 / Don 93
12. A 2 / R 0 / DBoz
13. A 2 / R 1 / Taco-bot
14. A 2 / R 1 / teecrooz
15. A 2 / R 1 / Luke0312
16. A 2 / R 1 / Darth Ryô
17. A 1 / R 1 / OBI WAN KEN0B1
18. A 1 / R 1 / Cama900
19. A 1 / R 1 / Curmudgeon
20. A 3 / R 1 / Husker75
21. A 2 / R 1 / bbmchl
22. A 2 / R 1 / 3oin
23. A 1 / R 1 / Stefan Jones
24. A 2 / R 1 / morgan63
25. A 1 / R 1 / NeoRutty
26. A 3 / R 1 / Blaster
27. A 1 / R 1 / Aelfinn
28. A 1 / R 1 / Caveneau
29. A 2 / R 1 / QCWolf
30. A 1 / R 1 / Magnus Darcrider
31. A 3 / R 1 / Trillion
32. A 1 / R 0 / sjanish
33. A 1 / R 1 / Starbuc
34. A 1 / R 1 / ALLEY

51. A 1 / R 0 / Joshua Brewer
52. A 1 / R 0 / Humanoid
53. A 1 / R 0 / major malfunction
54. A 1 / R 0 / Lharles
55. A 2 / R 1 / eltee
56. A 1 / R 0 / dereference
57. A 3 / R 0 / Scottjua
58. A 1 / R 0 / Jonnys
59. A 1 / R 0 / Cameron
60. A 1 / R 0 / phase pistol
61. A 2 / R 1 / ozamor

DROPS:

06. A 1 / R 1 / jedivigneri
50. A 2 / R 0 / Obscurereferenc
52. A 1 / R 0 / MastahBlastah
56. A 1 / R 0 / Vanitas

Last edited:
I would like three mausers accurized.
I would like one of them with the ROTJ specific details.

I already have the three mausers, which are still boxed (purchased from you).

Sean

What would turnaround time be on accuruzing? Is that tbd as well?

Since this part of the project is just starting there is no way I could give even a projected turn around time.

However, my projected schedule is to collect members for 2-4 weeks at which time I should have 10 prototypes and prices.

Then I will ask everyone to confirm their reservation. Once confirmed I will start the pre-payment phase and at that time ask people to ship me their mausers (if required)

During that time period I will still accept members into the project.

Once I have everything on hand I will do my best to get them disassembled and to the machinist in less then a week.

I do not now how long he will have them.

Once I get them back it could take up to 2 weeks to get everything reassembled and shipped back out to everyone.

Email Sent!! :)

I want 1 Mauser Accurized
I want the SAME Mauser that was accurized from above also to have the ROTJ Blaster Specific Details added.
I would like to mail you my existing Denix Mauser.
I DO NOT NEED wood grips.
I will need your Mauser Disassembly Service but NOT the Reassembly Service. I will be adding electronics and rebuilding it myself.

Thanks,

As You already know know I'm in with all of the Denixes already in Your possess!:D

1 of them ROTJ machining to be performed and kit to be applied too!

All of them to be disassembled and reassembled

E-mail incoming,

Regards,

Alberto

IM WITH YOU TOO!
Email Sent!! :)

I want 1 Mauser Accurized
I want the SAME Mauser that was accurized from above also to have the ROTJ Blaster Specific Details added.
I would like to mail you my existing Denix Mauser.
I DO NOT NEED wood grips.

Will send email after this post

I want two Mausers accurized
I will mail both back to you.
I want one done as described in option 3, the general accurized (for, hopefully, an ANH version project ;)
I want the other done as in option four, ROTJ specific

I would like to have 2 Mausers accurized.
I already have both Mausers that I will send to you, but will need your disassembly/reassembly service.

Email inbound.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back