Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post*

Does anyone have the file for the spine?

The links I have found will not open?

Thanks

Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post*

excuse me, where i can download template all stuff of mark VI using paper not foam ?, i want to build mark VI with paper

Thank Yo :D

Is there any way to change the pep viewer from showing the left arm to the right arm ?
I messed up two arms cuz I keept following the picture on the viewer, lol :)

I have a big question... Has anyone ever thought of using these Foam Templates and using sheetmetal?

Hi guys, i'm a beginner and would like to ask a question.
Can we use foam exercise mat to make these ironman armor?
THANKS!!!!!

About 10 pages back someone mentioned that they made their suit out of exercise mats, but once they got it on they couldn't move. Didn't mention if it was the weight or if the foam was too stiff.

I believe a lot of people say a half inch is too thick, I use 5mm from hobby lobby

Here is most of what I have so far: Neck, chest, back, shoulders, biceps, abs and cod. I also have done the helmet and forearms but they aren't in this picture. I've been making it out of 3/8" thick EVA foam mats which are a little thick but they have been doing just fine so far. Let me know what you think. I'm also only 13 and 5 feet tall and this is scaled to 5 ft 4 inches so it was massive on me. Hopefully it will fit in several years...

SORRY IT IS SIDEWAYS!
20130612_151122.jpg

looks good should fit nice once u stretch out lad

wow, nice thread stealth (i have say it's about two or three time, in same thread,

btw i have some project i will made all stuff and finish berofe 5-7 july, if i'm finish before that's time i will cosplaying on Popcorn Asia 2013, in JCC - Jakarta, Indonesia (IF)

i hope i can fnish all the things and ready to cosplaying on that's event

Wish me luck.. :D

=======

and i'm get a little problem when i want to made Helmet in page one, what i have to do with this part ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

have i do like this video or what ?

XRobots - How to modify pepakura templates for foam, includes my Iron Man costume suit - YouTube

i'm stuck in this problem :(

Kind of a random question but what is everybody wearing under their suits. I was thinking of getting a black morph suit but they are $50 so I would like something cheaper if possible

Definitely don't go black underneath. Seems like it would be the most subtle, but it completely breaks up the flow of the suit, especially in between the chest and shoulder pieces and between the upper and lower arms. If you're willing to pay for it, a red morph suit looks great. Otherwise, any tight fitting red shirt and reasonable tight fitting pants work great. Cheap is fine, head over to Wal-Mart and look for something that will work!

Hey everyone! Just like most of you, I stumbled across Stealth's video tutorials and couldn't resist trying a suit of my own! 79 pages later, and I'm so glad people are still posting and making!

Just two quick advice questions: Do the chest and back piece meet perfectly at their ends (around the waist area) or do they overlap at all? When I made my test models and attached the pieces end-to-end, there was a massive amount of gap at both sides. Maybe the pieces were scaled too large or I need to add a brace for thickness.
Second, how is everyone spacing/detailed their ab pieces. Most of the best builds I'm seeing have a small gap separating the different plates in front, what is the best way to get that effect?

Thanks so much, keep building everyone!

So excited to see all of these suits. Definitely planning on this being my next project and I figure if I want to make it by Halloween, better start now, right? Hahah.
So here's a question for everyone! I'm really slim with a bit of muscle. (I'm working on it!). I want to do the mark 42 suits from Helgak and Jackie, but I don't want to appear boxy, hefty, and bulky. Looking more to stay slender and built because I think that looks really good with the 42 (think like what Andrew Garfield looks for ASM). So my question, do you think a thinner foam would better keep the shape I'm looking for? Not so thin that its flimsy like the camping mats that people have been advising to stay away from, but maybe a 5 or 6mm? I think a thicker mat would resist the shape and appear heftier than what I want.

working on a cardboard suit freehanded off of these templates, any advice to make it better?(just finished spray painting and haven't put in the gold detail in there yet.
IMG_1315.jpg

oh its fine, no, it's my first suit to ever make.

Where is everybody connecting the thigh pieces to the cod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back