Definitive VADER ROTJ Saber Reference PIC thread

Oohyeah KL

OK, since I'll soon be making a Vader ROTJ saber with my Graflex and Ob1Kenny's awesome kit, I thought I'd solicit some reference pics, and simultaneously share what I have for anyone else interested.

SO PLEASE POST ALL YOUR ORIGINAL VADER ROTJ SABER REFERENCE PICS PLEASE!!

I used to have tons of MOM ones, but lost them all.
icon_frown.gif
If you have any, please post!
icon_smile.gif

Here's my contribution:

VaderROTJ.jpg

(Courtesy of BadAsh)

dvjsab2.jpg

(Courtesy of POSW) (anyone got a larger version?)

DVROTJ2.jpg

(Someone posted this recently but forgot who - sorry and thanks!)

rotjdarthvader.JPG

(not sure where this is from)

PLEASE POST AWAY!
icon_smile.gif

Sounds good, I'm working one of these too so, the more pics the better. I have this one from an old Insider Mag
Vader.jpg

And some from the MOM tour (got most from POSW Site- thank you Chris!)
rotj-h.jpeg

If these belong to someone else, I apologize!
VaderSaberRear.jpeg

rarely-seen-side.jpg

And, again the big Thank You to WackyChimp. I think I'm due to send a contribution!

Here are a few I shot at MoM. The best one I did is posted above by fried mon (the rear view with the D-ring sticking out). Feel free to copy whatever you want.

__hr_VaderSaberSide.jpg

__hr_Vader+SaberEmitter.jpg

__hr_VaderSaberGrip.jpg

two more:
__hr_Vader+ROTJ.jpg

This one is a grain monster, but you can see the shape and some details of the activator box
__hr_Vader+Activator.jpg

Here is a closeup of the "From Star Wars to Indy" pic I posted in one of the "grips" discussion threads.

Vader ROTJ Grip Section Closeup
VaderROTJ_FromSWtoIndy_GripSection_Closeup_01.jpg

Man that sucker looks beatn' up... check out that rusted out D-Ring and the leftover remnants from the Luke ESB saber (i.e. holes).

Thanks, DS, those are some excellent pics!!

I'll resize and crop some of them a little to bring the file size down and will post it in about 7 hours' time when I get home!
icon_smile.gif

ANYONE GOT A PIC FROM BEHIND TO SHOW THE GRIP POSITIONING?

This thread has really gotten me thinking... we have seen Boba Fett, Vader and even Trooper Reference Discs offered in limited runs to the board... do you think we can pull all of our resources together for a really meaty Lightsaber Reference Photo CD?

I know I have a lot of MOM, C2 and Art of Star Wars pics but those are all low-res copies of someone else's originals... wait a minute... let me go check the "Definition of Recast" thread to make sure that is okay
icon_razz.gif

Ummm... moving along... anyway, what do you think? I know I have a lot of scans from the VD, Chronicles and "From Star Wars to Indy"... I'm sure others might have those too but hey, I am ready to offer them up... high-res scans baby
icon_biggrin.gif

Anyone else interested in something like this?

OK, here are the most excellent MOM pics courtesy of Darth Saber (thanks!!!!!
icon_cheers.gif
)
(I cropped them and reduced the size to bring them down from over 200kB (
icon_eek.gif
) to about 50kb each. PM me or DS if you want the fullsize one.)

detail1.jpg

detail2.jpg

detail3.jpg

dv_ls_rotj_01.jpg

dv_ls_rotj_02.jpg

dv_ls_rotj_03.jpg

dv_ls_rotj_04.jpg

(ooh... this is a great one showing the grip positioning relative to the body and the D-ring!)

dv_ls_rotj_05.jpg

dv_ls_rotj_06.jpg

dv_ls_rotj_07.jpg

dv_ls_rotj_08.jpg

dv_ls_rotj_10.jpg

dv_ls_rotj_11.jpg

dv_ls_rotj_12.jpg

rarely-seen-side.jpg

Badash, I'd be more than happy to contribute my lightsaber pics, though I don't think I have that many. I previously already contributed all my Vader saber pics (along with my other Vader pics) for the Vader CD.

Sounds cool. I havent posted or made any props in quite awhile, and I never did one of these. How much is Ob1Kenny's kit if ya dont mind me askin'?

A large number of these pics will be on the DV ref. CD.

And speaking of my kit, it was $125. Man what a great price for an all metal custom-machined parts kit. But the kit is no more as that was my last run and they are all gone now. Well, I did have one person who I had been holding a kit for back out on it recently. So to be fair I might through that one up on Ebay, unless someone wants to make me an offer I canÂ’t refuse.

And yet another but, I actually do have a few extra parts left over form the last run and am selling the parts separately right here:

http://rpf.prop-planet.com/viewtopic.php?topic=39974&forum=22

Does anyone know if thie Vader Reference CD is still being sold? I never saw the original thread until just before it was closed. I E-Mailed the author but was never added to any list.

I better go search for the thread...

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
BadAsh2002 wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Does anyone know if thie Vader Reference CD is still being sold? I never saw the original thread until just before it was closed. I E-Mailed the author but was never added to any list.

I better go search for the thread...
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

It is not out as of yet, still in the works.

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
martybrandt wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Anyone have any pics of when it was still a stunt ESB Saber?
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Interesting question. I would presume it would look something like the ranch saber, given the grip holes on the Vader ROTJ.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back