death star

:confused

OWEN: Do you speak Bocce?

THREEPIO: Of course I can, sir. It's like a second language for
me...I'm as fluent in Bocce...

<div class='quotetop'>(EchoLeader @ Jun 25 2006, 08:01 AM) [snapback]1267751[/snapback]</div>
:confused

OWEN: Do you speak Bocce?

THREEPIO: Of course I can, sir. It's like a second language for
me...I'm as fluent in Bocce...
[/b]

OWEN: Alright, shut up. ;)

gangsta_starwars.jpg

We got Death Star. We got Death Star. We got Death Star.

<div class='quotetop'>(Kuhn Global @ Jun 28 2006, 10:15 PM) [snapback]1270506[/snapback]</div>
Um.....well.... ummmmmmmm

Is the question regarding if MR should do a Death Star?
[/b]

I'd take nothing less than a 4-footer.

Of course, I'd have to sell off a few things. House. Wife. Kids. Toothbrushes. That sort of thing.

It's only a bloody great empty plastic sphere with grey paint, a lump and a line gouged out - why would it be expensive? Oh, MR - right of course.
:D

SAS

<div class='quotetop'>(PHArchivist @ Jun 29 2006, 05:22 AM) [snapback]1270630[/snapback]</div>
Why four feet...? ANH original was three feet in diameter.
[/b]

ROTJ's DSII was 4 feet.

Heck. I like my 'stuff' Plus-Sized.. ;) :lol

Ah. DSII -- or as my 6YO son calls it, the "Death" (incomplete name comensurate with incomplete battle station.)

A 3' replica of the ANH station has always been a dream project of mine, but where too put it.?

<div class='quotetop'>(PHArchivist @ Jun 29 2006, 09:57 AM) [snapback]1270784[/snapback]</div>
A 3' replica of the ANH station has always been a dream project of mine, but where too put it.?
[/b]

On your dining-room table? It'd make a perfect centerpiece for a romantic dinner at home. :love

The trick would be the paint job. MacQuarrie did exquisite work right on the model. Getting anywhere near that from the factory would be problematic and expensive.

I'm going to build me a six-inch diameter DS I and call it good.

20 dollars for a couple of Plastruct clear hemispheres, a little dremel work, one high-output white LED and LOTS OF PATIENCE replicating that McQuarrie job in miniature and I'll be happy.

So much for me wanting a 4 footer and no less. :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back