MarzDumore

Lumos!
Hi all!

Last year I've bought my own Death Eater replica cosplay.
I finally can say that I've done my research well. I've seen almost the whole world wide web for as much as accurate costume pics I could find. (I've listed all the pictures on this website) After many of hours looking and searching almost everywhere, I've made myself a to buy list.
It took a few months before I collected all the parts because some items are very difficult to find.

The result you can see at the photo's below.

The full costume:
-Mask
-Balaclava
-Robe (long hood, without sleeves)
-Gambeson
-Wand belt
-Vambraces
-Wand (made out of wood)
-Black skinny jeans
-Horse chaps
-Black shoes

What do you think?

Nox! ~ Morsmordre!

Attachments

• AJD_2490_web.jpg
    AJD_2490_web.jpg
    1,011.3 KB · Views: 877
  • AJD_2510_web.jpg
    AJD_2510_web.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7,483
  • Ruins_v02.jpg
    Ruins_v02.jpg
    10.1 MB · Views: 955
  • Death_Eater_V03.jpg
    Death_Eater_V03.jpg
    11.2 MB · Views: 952
Last edited:
A while ago, Museum Replicas had the Harry Potter License and they made Death Eater costume pieces. When the license ran out, they sold everything off cheaply and I picked up the tunic and cloak. I then made a wand belt with holster and I made the mask.

The Mask started life as a toy lizard mask from The Amazing Spider-Man. I then bondoed it to make the scale details more subtle. The embossing was done using puffy stickers from Michael's. The eyes and bands on the mouth were made out of craft foam. Then I went over it all with a coating of Plasti-dip and drybrushed on the silver and the bronze (eyes).

I have rather small feet for a guy my height, so I'm able to wear a women's size 11 boot, which I wear with this, as well as a pair of 19th century style pants. The bracers I made from the sleeves of an old leather coat that I turned into a vest.

One of these days, I have to get better pictures of the costume. I'm also planning to make a new mask, as this on it a little small for my face.

Attachments

• Death Eater Costume.jpg
    Death Eater Costume.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 2,363
  • Death Eater Mask.jpg
    Death Eater Mask.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 838
Those look awesome!! I'm trying to put together a death eater costume myself and high res pictures are tough to find so these are very helpful.
Hey, I don't know if you're still working on this, but I went to the UK Harry Potter experience in 2019 Halloween and took a ton of pictures since they were doing a special dark arts exhibit. Hopefully these help:

I found this trying to figure out how I'd do the embroidering on the tunic :p

Hey, I don't know if you're still working on this, but I went to the UK Harry Potter experience in 2019 Halloween and took a ton of pictures since they were doing a special dark arts exhibit. Hopefully these help:

I found this trying to figure out how I'd do the embroidering on the tunic :p
Thanks for these photos, I was just looking for more pictures to make this replica.

I also have always wanted to make a death eater build, I feel like there is hardly any out there! Book marking this build for future reference for sure. I love the quality of the build and the amount of reference. Any other info for fresh builds would be greatly appreciated.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back