Death Eater - Harry Potter (Finished)

wyat

Hey there,

This is my first costume as a cosplayer, which i'll be wearing to cons :)
I've always been a fan of Harry Potter, so this costume was a dream to wear!!
Also got the Dark Mark tattoos, but you won't see them on these pictures :(

I am really happy how the costume turned out ! Had my best friend, who is a photographer, to help me out. Went to an awsome location and shot some pictures.

Can't wait to wear it to a con in about 2 weeks !

Some details:

The tunic is made of a black suiting and covered in hand embroidery made using silver and black cord. A mix of different stitches were used to create the effects. It is fully lined and finished with silver top stitching.

The cloak is made from a black cotton velvet. The sleeves have facings to ensure they had the correct design, and the sleeve lining was hand sewn with pick stitch so the lining would sit correctly.

The arm warmers are made from a soft leatherette which was painted with swirl designs. It is lined in black cotton to prevent them slipping down. The lacing loops through a set of grommets so they can be adjusted to size.

The wand is from Noble's and the mask is a Death Eater voice-changing mask which i modified.

2dbv1fq.jpg

6gen8k.jpg

2hd04si.jpg

Thx everyone !!

@smoothrat: yeah i know :p Didn't have appropriate shoes, but that problem is solved now :)

Looks nice. Might I suggest that you fill the speaker slots in the forehead though and give the mask a repaint? It makes a huge difference. :thumbsup

that is really good, you look like you would totally be on voldemorts side. :) even though thats slughorns wand, it really goes well with the costume

thx for the reactions guys !

@Gryffindor1991: Thank you ! And ye i know, i used Slughorns wand. But i really like the design of the wand and it would suit a Death Eater perfectly ;) I was doubting between Lucius' Cane or slughorns wand. In the end the wand suited the costume the best imo :)

IDK... Lucius' Cane would've looked bad ass! I love Harry Potter. The costumes looks great! I agree that the mask needs a repaint though cuz it looks a bit too much like a toy. Most toys need a repaint so they look a bit less childish.

IDK... Lucius' Cane would've looked bad ass! I love Harry Potter. The costumes looks great! I agree that the mask needs a repaint though cuz it looks a bit too much like a toy. Most toys need a repaint so they look a bit less childish.

Ye Lucius Cane looks amazing, but then everyone would think i'd want to be Lucius and that's not really my goal :) To be fair, i'm quite pleased with the existing paint job cuz i thought it would be worse. But ye a repaint would be nice, just not that skilled with painting etc ;)

@ Wyat - I think you've done a fab job.
If I may, I think the only suggestion (and this is just my personal opinion ;) ) would be to try to dirty it up a little to take some of the shine off.

The robes for the likes of Lucius, etc were more "gritty" looking, which kind of makes sense as they'll no doubt have been tucked away somewhere out of sight, and only really brought out when they're going to do something not very pleasant.

Also, I know that for the movie robes they deliberately broke them down to make them look more worn and aged.

But regardless, it's still a fab job you've done on them - well done

You said you solved the shoe problem. What was your solution. I actually joined the rpf because I'm in process of making a deatheater costume, and the proper footwear is one of my obstacles, as I can't make boots, and I don't want something that makes my deateater look like a patron of hot topic.

I noticed in the 7th book, they refer to fenrir's hobnail boots (aka tac boots) which I found out is a generic term for boots that use nails to hold the soles on. Not very helpful.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back