Deadpool movie suit research thread *NEW PICS*

So first up, I present a new Cordura we're looking at rolling out for suits this year.
(Left photo is unweathered under various light sources, and right is weathered)
PotentialCordura.jpgNewCordura.jpg

But the one we're more excited about is our 4way stretch, first photo is of pattern and the colour seen was for a Flash suit we did.
In the next photos you see some of our test swatches (results from custom dying) and from this is seems 3 is our winner based on my opinion and about a 95% preferred choice from our current and potential clients via instagram and Facebook.
PrototypeMaterialClose.jpgPrototypeMaterial.jpg
PrototypeMaterial2.jpgPrototypeMaterial3.jpg

Here's a video of stretch in action (in black)
https://www.facebook.com/CostumeReplicaCave/videos/1301547233236641/
Let me know what you think.

Re: Aspiring Deadpools, first image of the 2016 film costume has been released.

So anyone have any success modifying the cheap DP suits out there to make them kick ass yet? Seems some could use a decent faceshell and a few mods to really work... Anyone have pics of their work ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my modded version of Ken's file I did last year which shows bullet holes, knife marks, weathering etc. I'm using an El Fett shell and I made gloves,shoulders, arm,wrist bands out of foam
.deadpool.jpg

I have recently modified gunheaddesigns pattern to show weathering,damage with his approval for my own personal use. Here is a test print on fabric. I'm having foam padding sewn under suit to the shoulder,chest and knees parts.
ZW@FR)@A[HV4LH2(}4)9KHS.jpg

do you have a link all the toy swords im finding are absolutley tiny. looks great :)
meet BEA! (Arthur is in the making)
View attachment 682055
Handle: made out of wood, wrap with 2mm foam. lines cut out of the foam. sprayed with plasti dip.
Blade: Hollow Toy blade (5euros) filled it with metal wiretread.
Handcover: Black..Sintra 2x 4mm.

I tried to make it as much as the movie blades but still respecting the official body lenght <>katana proportions..

On the hunt for a dagger and sheath or wristbands? well I suggest checking out Raptor Props on FB or Etsy. I just got the dagger, sheath and wristbands and they are fantastic.
Blade is molded of the same as movie as far as I can tell with a bendable blade.
Wristbands are molded and have magnets for connecting, works like a charm!
16265203_1356521451072552_8746216009424584349_n.jpg
16251125_10154933507681796_188005163_o.jpg
16244693_10154933507856796_1886095093_o.jpg
16231260_10154933508441796_1145561467_o.jpg

New ilustrastudio mask with our material and some shots of our new custom dyed patterned 4 way stretch.

16442989_10154957391131796_1187267511_o.jpg
image1.JPG
image4B.jpg
image7.JPG

Does anyone has tips and tricks, maybe even a tutorial of how to weather the suit?
I am especially interested in those black stains.

i read stuff using shoeshine, charcoal, eyeliner and so on...

i like to createdp mask.jpeg this effect:

I finally got around to making a Deadpool faceshell with magnetic eyes... now I've got to learn how to sew and find some good fabric.
aVfBWBpl.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also, only reason I painted and grimmed up the faceshell is that I know it will be sitting like that for a while before i get some fabric in hand.

Attachments

• Deadpool.jpg
    Deadpool.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 155
JayCVenlo go light, you have to be really careful when weathering fabric, if you make it too dark it's hard to get it back to the color/shade you want, go light and slowly work your way to the color or shade that you want, i used black shoe polish in a lot of water to dilute the color to be on the safe side

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody have links to who makes shin guards and where to find a good sword/scabbard setup? Seen the sword setups posting in this thread and have found a few myself on Etsy but I wanted to see what else was out there. The shin guards I'm having a hell of a time finding anything that looks good.

Anybody have links to who makes shin guards and where to find a good sword/scabbard setup? Seen the sword setups posting in this thread and have found a few myself on Etsy but I wanted to see what else was out there. The shin guards I'm having a hell of a time finding anything that looks good.

I am working on as close as I can make screen accurate shin/boot/ankle armor. Masters will be 3D printed, then molded and cast in rubber. I am trying to find the right style and length of zipper.

I am working on as close as I can make screen accurate shin/boot/ankle armor. Masters will be 3D printed, then molded and cast in rubber. I am trying to find the right style and length of zipper.
I'd be interested even without the zipper to see how it looks and price

I'd be interested even without the zipper to see how it looks and price

I'll probably be starting an interest thread in the junkyard, as well as posting in this thread, when I have the the 3D model completed to show, but regardless of interest here, I will be making them anyways. I already have a commission for one set.

I'll probably be starting an interest thread in the junkyard, as well as posting in this thread, when I have the the 3D model completed to show, but regardless of interest here, I will be making them anyways. I already have a commission for one set.
Cool,I'll keep an eye out in the junkyard for it.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back