Deadpool movie suit research thread *NEW PICS*

Does anyone have clear pictures or a diagram of how the 2 tdu belts are connected together for the lower belt?

Here's the best pic I could find at the moment.

8386e65ee3f4a67e530355ef0d8e01b8.jpg

I believe the reason for combining the belts like that would be to pull the excess straps on both sides tight. Anyone who has worn a drop leg holster knows that no matter what you do the holster will begin to pull the belt down. Then the holster will flap around with the loose leg straps. I tried using one holster per belt with the belts overlapping. My theory was the opposite side without said holster would stay in position while the holster side would just drop slightly. Too bulky and of course the holster slight drops and becomes loose. Their way allows both straps to be pulled simultaneously keeping the belt at the same position resting on both iliac crests.

Ryan Reynolds being a trim guy doesn't have a gut to work against this and pull the belt down either. I would suggest from experience placing some Velcro behind the holster and attaching it to the front of the thighs. Plastic side on the thighs. I speak from experience using similar setups on my other Deadpool and Punisher costumes.

I've used the 2 slip locks to create a front that has the 2 5.11 buckles and then a back piece which comes through the slip locks and pulls tight

The holsters are on the back piece

I've used the 2 slip locks to create a front that has the 2 5.11 buckles and then a back piece which comes through the slip locks and pulls tight

The holsters are on the back piece

Was just gonna say... the actual fastening point is behind the pouches where the loops are. I imagine you could velcro it there or toss in a few snaps or whatever floats your particular watercraft.

Yeah, I've noticed the slip locks on both sides and I believe I see a pull tab next to each tdu buckle. I'm guessing the pull tabs next to the buckles are "fake" because they barely make it out from the side of the buckles. behind the slipknots I see the drop leg pouches are attached, but I'm not completely convinced how. I assume you are right Dart about some kind of velcro or snap, I just wish we could figure out exactly how its done!

Last edited by a moderator:
make it simple.
use one belt with two buckles and use a short middle section in the front of the belt for the adjustment

That's what the design is implying, however it's not feasible. Having actually run around with one of these belts, I can say that they slip, so functionally, you really need to use the metal loops under the pouches and attach the belt there and stitch down the front as shown.

In all likelihood, it was just some velcro sewn on the inside of both ends so they could adjust the front more easily.

Last edited:
After wearing my deadpool costume for 8 hours for halloween i can give one advice, velcro the shoulder strap down or else it will fall from your shoulder, and also the leg strap that holds the pouches will fall down if you don't put velcro to help hold it up, tightening it too much will restrict blood flow to your leg.

Last edited:
Re: Aspiring Deadpools, first image of the 2016 film costume has been released.

You just need the 5.11 drop panels as mentioned earlier in the thread.

meet BEA! (Arthur is in the making)
katana 01.JPG
Handle: made out of wood, wrap with 2mm foam. lines cut out of the foam. sprayed with plasti dip.
Blade: Hollow Toy blade (5euros) filled it with metal wiretread.
Handcover: Black..Sintra 2x 4mm.

I tried to make it as much as the movie blades but still respecting the official body lenght <>katana proportions..

Just weighing in on the 5.11 Skyweight boots.

Ordered a pair of US Size 13 W (my feet are about a 13E width).

The boots are designed to fit more snugly and these are definitely snug. I found that the width across the ball of my foot was snug, but not really uncomfortable but the toe box was tighter.

That said, I'm sure they'll loosen up with wear. For anyone else dropping the cash, I'd recommend getting a size larger or get the wide if you don't already have skinny feet.

Also, fully laced up, I can use just the side zip to take the boots off.

Good to see this thread is still going along well, haven't posted for a bit, so thought I'd drop by.

First offer me and my team are now doing weathered suits.
14890537_1265674510157247_1886028484587650447_o.jpg
Sean.jpg

And we're also considering using this material in what would be a version 3 suit.
This is probably a little dark (we dyed this for a Flash), but I think it has real potential.
15205749_1297803440277687_686968604_o.jpg

to anyone making their own costumes, i highly recommend making a dress form/dummy of yourself, i just finished a felt one - i used a duct tape one for my current deadpool costume, i ruined like a hundred pins in that sticky goo - and i filled it with pillow stuffing, it's really helpful if just regular sizes don't fit you and it makes patterning and slim fitting clothes really easy. really easy to make since felt is non stretchy and you can zig zag stitch pieces to each other without it fraying.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back