Deadpool movie suit research thread *NEW PICS*

Re: Deadpool movie suit research thread

I'm excited to see Van Wilder as Deadpool. Used to see Deadpool cosplayed at cons but wasn't familiar with him. Wondered wth chimichangas were all about. Then I got into Marvel Puzzle Quest (match 3 mobile game) and found that I really love Deadpool's story lines and started to understand why he's so popular. Kind of irreverent, breaks the fourth wall.. all things that Ryan Reynolds is good at. Looking forward to seeing people's builds!

Re: Aspiring Deadpools, first image of the 2016 film costume has been released.

Weird. The "Slater Interview Suit" looks like leather ... no texture. The "Bear Rug Suit" looks like a fabric with a noticeable texture.

Two suits?

View attachment 459366
2 layers the textured fabric apears to be either a perforated leather or scren printed lycra. If you look close you can see the differences IMG_20150402_150323.JPG

I see what you mean. But I'm really reacting to the difference in the chest area. Totally different. Right?

I have no doubt they are different costumes. I would imagine the near all leather one would be difficult for stunts, staying in all day etc.. they probably made a fabric one for the non-close shots and the leather for the near shots. Its also possible the bearskin photo has been touched up, notice how dark the seam lines are compared to the Mario suit. As for the materials for the "leather" suit. I would say there is a normal red leather, perforated, normal black leather, and a more flexible, possible vinyl in the armpit location and possible back mid-drift area for flexibility. It also appears that the shoulder strap holds the sword sheath along with two straps that attach below the "teardrop knife" areas. I think it has been pointed out, but as cool as those 2 knives look... he wouldn't be able to get them out lol.. So key now, ID the belt, holsters, pouches, and type of pistols.

If someone can mess with the contrast/ brightness a little on the just after knocking him off the stool pic, could get a view of the hammer area and better id it...

Judging by the handle thickness... 40 or 45 cal... straight grip... no screws top and bottom of grip, eliminating the berettas...

Last edited:

I don't think you can realy judge the caliber by the thickness of the grip, It could easily be a 9mm. The shot really isn't clear enough to see the screws but I agree with the straight grip. It kind of looks like a Beretta Cougar grip.

I zoomed in on some shots...and the circular indent on the grip made me think it was a beretta...but I'm no expert with guns...at all.

dp.jpg
I don't think you can realy judge the caliber by the thickness of the grip, It could easily be a 9mm. The shot really isn't clear enough to see the screws but I agree with the straight grip. It kind of looks like a Beretta Cougar grip.

Totally agree, was a generalization. Look at a DE 44 grip compared to a 92f grip. The circle does make it appear to be a beretta; however, even blacked out the 2 screws holding the grip are pretty obvious. Additionally the berettas have a very distinct shape at the tops of the grip. This appears to be a plastic knurled section, almost perfect rectangle, with a circle emblem in the middle. It does appear to have a hammer..so no clock.

If there are diamonds above and below the circle, it's possible to be a 1911 type.

Last edited:

attachment.php

If only a little clearer..

Clip forward looking like a Beretta...

As fat as that bottom is... and what appears to be a large dove tail... looking a lot like a DE... which would be... totally Deadpool!!!
GetDynamicImage.aspx
.44 version

Last edited:

View attachment 459415
Looking at hd reference it could be textured leather not sure yet
I think we're yet to see more reference pics. It's a shame we haven't seen the back. Anyway it's quite possible that the official pic is made with a different hero suit, hence the difference between textures, but yeah, almost all of it looks like leather.

Danny

deadpool_cosplay_by_xcomve-d6j0ygj.jpganyone know who made this it looks similar to the New suit and I'm curious as to how they approached the leather if it's genuine or vinyl

In regard to the New suit I think the top half is all leather with a small amount of strategic lycra to assist movement (similar to the arrow costume) if you look at how the fabric sits on the trousers I'm gonna say that they are lycra with leather armour.
I'm talking to a couple of companies about making it what I can't decide is if it's a 2 piece or 1 piece suit

I'm slowly breaking down the suit and hope to have true base made for me to mod and alter the bottoms definitely have lycra in them look how soft and unrinkled it is around the crotch and inner through compared to his chest I believe the texture I pointed out is perforated leather and if the is any lycra in the top section it will be strategic similar to how the arrow suits are made and only there for movement.
That gun looks like a beast due to our stupid laws I won't be able to get an even half decent replica in correct colour so thinking of purposely two toning it in red and adding deadpool logos to it so I can carry it around conns

My guess is its 2 piece. The main belt also seems to be attached to the jacket itself...(there appeara to be a strap entering the jacket from the belt).

that's what I wondered lookin At the pics makes things much better if it's a 2 piece I have contacted cosplaysky about making the base. I was offered it in genuine leather by someone on eBay but I don't trust them enough to have it made

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back