DC movies news and rumour

EyeofSauron

Master Member
so, with DC now being pressured, they put out some info

first of all, we know a justice league movie is in planning, alltho they said they want to do it for 2014, which i dont know how this should be possible without a writer or anything yet.

Secondly, the script for a Wonder Woman movie is getting written by michael goldenberg (who also wrote green lantern...)

also, there seems to be a flash movie being written, according to DC

they also said, they are in various developing stages for 7 Justice league characters , but Batman and GL are not in these 7. Warner Bros. is currently developing Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Lobo, Suicide Squad and Shazam.

Zack Snyder said, he does not want his Superman movie be a part of the JLA universe, and doesnt work that way

there are also rumors that GL will be rebooted, after the horrible first part.

And Nolans Batman will end with the 3rd part, so they will reboot this franchise as well

now, is the Man of Steel a one shot, and will be rebooted AGAIN for the justice league?

im guessing we have to wait at least 6 years for a JL movie, if they want to do it seriously, and not just pump out sub par movies

See, I think DC can keep doing "bigger" movies that are unconnected, but should focus its efforts on dominating the TV market. Marvel has ZERO presence in TV aside from some kiddie cartoons. DC is clearly making a push for that market and, I think, could make some real headway there.

Why don't they just admit their defeat and do a great CG theatrical release for a Justice League. This backpeddling is too late...and how can we buy into a new Superman when we already know a new version will be on his way.

See, I think DC can keep doing "bigger" movies that are unconnected, but should focus its efforts on dominating the TV market. Marvel has ZERO presence in TV aside from some kiddie cartoons. DC is clearly making a push for that market and, I think, could make some real headway there.

marvel has ultimate spiderman, iron man-armored adventures, avengers-earths mightiest heros. and in development is avengers assemble (which will replace earths mightiest heroes) and hulk and the agents of smash. (plus powers in the live action department)

DC has GL-the animated series, and young justice in TV, with beware of batman, and Teen titans, go in development (and Arrow in the live action department)

DCs animated movies go straight to DVD, and are not produced for TV

i dont see what you are saying

They're also making an animated version of Dark Knight Returns. I pray they get Michael Ironside to be that version of batman again like he did for a short segment in the 90s animated series.

I'm suggesting a Pixar quality (but serious themed) big screen feature for the Justice League. Kind of a feature version similar to the DC Universe MMORP trailer.

What is the point caring about a new Superman when another one will be coming soon. At least a different style of film would be an easier pill to swallow.

They're also making an animated version of Dark Knight Returns. I pray they get Michael Ironside to be that version of batman again like he did for a short segment in the 90s animated series.

Sorry Wes...from wiki:
The Dark Knight Returns
On April 14, 2011, it was revealed that a two-part animated adaptation of Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns was in the works. Several previous Batman veterans will be involved. The film will feature the voice talents of Peter Weller as Batman, Ariel Winter as Carrie Kelley, Wade Williams as Two-Face, Michael McKean as Dr. Wolper, and Gary Anthony Williams as the Mutant Leader. There are still a few major roles to be announced, including that of Joker and Superman. The film will be directed by Man of Steel storyboarder Jay Oliva and Part 1 has a release date in Fall 2012.

Well I can handle Peter Weller as Batman but my 2nd choice would have been Kevin Conroy and the dude who voices bender as the joker (he did great in Behind the Red Hood).

Secondly, the script for a Wonder Woman movie is getting written by michael goldenberg (who also wrote green lantern...)

I wish I could be happy about this, but has anyone seen Green Lantern? If he turns her into a basta** child of Zeus who lives with man murdering Amazons, I'm burning the studio to the ground.

Makes me wonder if WB/DC ever talked to each other about bringing Joss Whedon back on to write or possibly direct Wonder Woman. He's now written and directed the third highest grossing movie of all time. You would think that if the people working with Joss after doing the Avengers would be more enthusiastic about working on Wonder Woman since the problem Joss faced when writing her movie was a complete lack of enthusiasm. Why kick him out and hire the writer of a bona fide disappointment with no redeeming qualities to pen a movie featuring the first DC heroine since Super Girl.

Deep down I think WB and DC secretly want to make a bad Wonder Woman movie so they can fall back on the same sexist excuse that women don't work as leading roles. That's the excuse they made when Catwoman was released. I've read all of the reviews for that movie that are listed on Rotten Tomatoes and not one of them says that the main problem with Catwoman is that she doesn't have a dick. In fact, it's not even an issue at all, yet WB/DC is insisting that women are the problem, not because the movie was genuinely awful.

Diana: It's a hole... it aches.
Servant: Well... I'm sure my lord will happily fill it in your wedding chamber.

Diana was referring to her gunshot wound. Screw you DC.

green lantern was horrible, i can see why they are rebooting it. its the smart choice. On the other hand, i dont see why zack snyder doesnt want to have his superman in the justice league.

As im seeing it, as of after the release of Superman, im guessing they are totally rebooting their whole movie universe, and starting to build up from there.

im guessing they wont be able to get joss whedon as im thinking he is tied up with marvel now. but i could be wrong

It's going to be so tough to accept a Superman movie knowing his character will be rebooted immediately.

I doubt Whedon would take it on, nor would WB ask him to...how needy and sad do they want to appear by getting the Avengers' director to bail them out and attempt to duplicate the success he had with Marvel.

It's going to be so tough to accept a Superman movie knowing his character will be rebooted immediately.

I doubt Whedon would take it on, nor would WB ask him to...how needy and sad do they want to appear by getting the Avengers' director to bail them out and attempt to duplicate the success he had with Marvel.

I don't think WB is above it. Remember the X-Men director and one of the leads (Cyclops) doing Superman Returns?

I would like to see Jon Favreau do Green Lantern. He did a really good job with Iron Man Lets see him work on GL. From what I heard Favreau went to the fans and found out what they wanted then made the movie. We are the ones that spend out money to see it. It makes since to ask us what we want. DC should do the same thing with all their movies.

DC should just give up.

why you ask?

2464630_700b.jpg

marvel has ultimate spiderman, iron man-armored adventures, avengers-earths mightiest heros. and in development is avengers assemble (which will replace earths mightiest heroes) and hulk and the agents of smash. (plus powers in the live action department)

DC has GL-the animated series, and young justice in TV, with beware of batman, and Teen titans, go in development (and Arrow in the live action department)

DCs animated movies go straight to DVD, and are not produced for TV

i dont see what you are saying

You'll note those are all cartoons and ones aimed at the 6-14 age bracket.

DC has also had Smallville, which ran for ten years, and appears to be launching a Green Arrow show. They've tried launching an Aquaman show (which I gather was scrubbed), and also have had various Superman-themed live-action shows like the Dean Cain one back in the 1990s. I vaguely remember Birds of Prey, too, although that one was canceled.

To date, Marvel has a couple of crappy Captain America films, a canceled Fantastic Four pilot, and, of course, the 1970s Spiderman.

I'd say DC is "winning" the live-action angle on TV if only for the Superman-oriented shows. If Marvel is dominating the box office, why try to out-Marvel them? Focus instead on TV where there aren't really any live-action superhero shows at this point.

You'll note those are all cartoons and ones aimed at the 6-14 age bracket.

DC has also had Smallville, which ran for ten years, and appears to be launching a Green Arrow show. They've tried launching an Aquaman show (which I gather was scrubbed), and also have had various Superman-themed live-action shows like the Dean Cain one back in the 1990s. I vaguely remember Birds of Prey, too, although that one was canceled.

To date, Marvel has a couple of crappy Captain America films, a canceled Fantastic Four pilot, and, of course, the 1970s Spiderman.

I'd say DC is "winning" the live-action angle on TV if only for the Superman-oriented shows. If Marvel is dominating the box office, why try to out-Marvel them? Focus instead on TV where there aren't really any live-action superhero shows at this point.
i dont disagree, alltho all the things marvel and DC have brought in the Live action department are (with the exception of smallville) so far in the past, that they cant be brought into a discussion about dominating TV

as of now, both marvel and DC have one live action show in the works, which evens them out. also, their cartoon shows are even. (also, i watch earths mightiest heroes, and young justice, i am thinking they are not totally aimed at the young audience, as these shows are pretty good)

I just dont see where you can argue, that DC is winning the TV thing.
They did have the top hand for the time that supernatural was on TV, but its over. (also they shouldve stopped earlier, it didnt get better with age ;) )

and there is a simple reason why DC is pushing in the movie market. You just cant make as much money with tv shows, as with hollywood blockbusters. Money rules all.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back