Dawn Of Justice armored Batman

my reevzfx helmet with my foam armour = thumbnail_2016-07-08 09.15.29.jpgthumbnail_2016-07-10 02.45.50.jpgthumbnail_2016-07-10 02.45.44.jpgthumbnail_2016-07-10 02.47.27.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys, been following this thread for a while, I've not managed to make much more progress on my build but here is where I'm up to.

Looking to finish it soon, all my templates are hand drawn so far, if anyone can be so kind and save me the time by sharing any accurate leg templates please?

dawn of armour 2.jpgdawn of armour 3.jpgdawn of armour 4.jpg

Ok, I'm just getting into foam and I'm going to make this my first build. Couple of questions:

1) Is there an instruction set for this build? It looks to me like I have to print out and mirror some of the pieces. The chest, for example, only seems to contain the pieces for the left side of the torso. When I click on the right hand pieces, nothing lights up?
2) We do NOT want to "fit to page", right?
3) I'm using 8mm thick floor tiles from Costco. Is that going to cause me problems? I'm probably going to 3D print the helmet but that's not a great option for the rest of the suit, hence foam.

Sorry for the dumb questions. Thanks in advance for your help!

Mark

Last edited:
Ok, I'm just getting into foam and I'm going to make this my first build. Couple of questions:

1) Is there an instruction set for this build? It looks to me like I have to print out and mirror some of the pieces. The chest, for example, only seems to contain the pieces for the left side of the torso. When I click on the right hand pieces, nothing lights up?
2) We do NOT want to "fit to page", right?
3) I'm using 8mm thick floor tiles from Costco. Is that going to cause me problems? I'm probably going to 3D print the helmet but that's not a great option for the rest of the suit, hence foam.

Sorry for the dumb questions. Thanks in advance for your help!

Mark

1. You print out the templates for one half, and flip them over to create the other side. Since you probably don't want a seam line in the middle, just trace the half pattern onto the foam, flip it along the center line and trace the other half. Then you can cut it out as one piece.
2. No, you should not fit to page. You need to scale it to fit yourself, or leave it if the default scale seems good.
3. 8mm foam should be fine. Personally, I use 6mm, but it shouldn't be problematic. You can always get some thinner foam for more detailed areas.

I'd like to give the foam templates a try, but the 4share link in the OP is being uncooperative - I can't download the files at all; clicking "Download" buttons gets me a new tab asking me to install a media player (not a chance!). Could someone possibly rehost them, or tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Edit: nevermind, found the dropbox links!

Last edited:
Started my very first foam build! Not THRILLED with the chest so far but the helmet is a deluxe helmet from target not expensive going to paint it with the rest but it fits the LEDS and also wired a voice changer inside it with speaker

- - - Updated - - -

Also nowhere near done. The edges are getting sanded and smoothed but the chest I wanted a little more damaged but still a long way to go

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 186
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 236
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    188.5 KB · Views: 242
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 237
I have tried numerous times to pull up the foam files but it keeps sending me to a website to download the new adobe flash player. I have the newest computer out there so I know I don't need anything. is there another website or another way to view the foam files.

Thanks batfan10 ! I reworked it a bit still have the arms and legs but re did the collar. I personally like it a little bulkier I'm 6'2 so I figured the bigger I can make it the more of a wow factor, so the collar I redid a little bigger

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    985.8 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    909.6 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    908.4 KB · Views: 144
Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone here happen to know where I might be able to find pepakura (paper) files for the bvs armor? I'd really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back