Darth Vader Limited Edition Bronze Statue $18,000.00

At almost 4 feet tall and made of bronze, I'd say it's worth at least $9000.

If that exact statue was available in fiberglass (same sculpt, size) for $500 and I had the extra $$ I would pick it up. I don't think it's that bad.

Well i meet up with Lawrence Noble in UK and we had a great time. He has a fantastic daughter with a great smile. Anyway.

Lawrence makes some fantastic art. I dont know if anyone of you have seen his statues and sculpurar work.

I'm sure he's an awesome guy! His sculpting and drawing abilities are amazing and are not in question.

This particular sculpt and it's price tag is the issue. Going from beautiful one-off full size memorial sculpts to a limited edition small Vader (at that price) seems like quite a leap. Like was mentioned earlier, I doubt these will ever retain their value. In 20 years, if I'm still alive, I will make it a point to look up there value.

FB

Still need better pics. The ones showed are not sharp and you can tell is only using several colors. Are there better pics?

Greg

Not advocating the cost or accuracy, but i thought what the sculptor was aiming for was quite interesting:

“For me, the idea was to do the kind of statue we would see in honor and tribute to Lord Vader on the planet of Coruscant,” says Noble. “So if you were walking around the city on Coruscant and saw a statue of Darth Vader, it would hopefully be something along the lines of what we produced.”

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/09/16/cool-stuff-darth-vader-bronze-statue/

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back