Darth Saber’s Millennium Falcon -Bandai Perfect Grade WIP

Hey DS, you probably already know this, but don't forget that the museum tour reference photos show the dish flopped from its on-screen alignment. In ANH, the rust weathering on the dish face flows down and the major weathering on the backside is on the starboard side of the ship. This message brought to you by anal Falconers for America. :cheers:lol
View attachment 793190

Yeah Ive been flipping it back and forth.
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost there..
14509d37b5478dfb34bab0611fc18876.jpg

Hey DS ,

She’s looking lovely mate . Congratulations .
One small observation , that I’ve only just noticed in your image above . The interior of the cockpit ( starboard ) side wall from this angle seems a little tall and ‘ empty ‘ .

Is this the way it’s supposed to be , devoid of any detail ? I realise that this kit is a replica of the 5ft filming model , but seeing’s how some are ‘ tweaking ‘ it for personal tastes , I’m wondering if you’re leaving it as is , or will try for a studio set look ?

Either way , you’ve done a terrific job .

Ged

Hey DS ,

She’s looking lovely mate . Congratulations .
One small observation , that I’ve only just noticed in your image above . The interior of the cockpit ( starboard ) side wall from this angle seems a little tall and ‘ empty ‘ .

Is this the way it’s supposed to be , devoid of any detail ? I realise that this kit is a replica of the 5ft filming model , but seeing’s how some are ‘ tweaking ‘ it for personal tastes , I’m wondering if you’re leaving it as is , or will try for a studio set look ?

Either way , you’ve done a terrific job .

Ged

Maybe the photo was too dark?

95f14559023086e68cb3030c79fbbc28.jpg

b5c0002d483c33a599d78c78d1f40f3a.jpg

Sorry DS ,

That looks fantastic , it’s the side panel above that ( when the canopy top is in position ) , that I was referring to . Doe’s that make sense ?
When you replace the cockpits top frame and front window parts , doe’s the interior side walls of that top frame have any details ?
Wish I knew how to post your picture , with a circle or pointing arrow to show the area I meant .

:cheersGed

Sorry DS ,

That looks fantastic , it’s the side panel above that ( when the canopy top is in position ) , that I was referring to . Doe’s that make sense ?
When you replace the cockpits top frame and front window parts , doe’s the interior side walls of that top frame have any details ?
Wish I knew how to post your picture , with a circle or pointing arrow to show the area I meant .

:cheersGed

Ah, youre talking about the sidewall on the inside of the canopy?
I was planning on darkening it up, but now that you brought it up i may do some detail stuff. [emoji106]

Nice addition to your display stand , it really shows off your overall finishing touches . Is that mirror made of glass or acrylic ?

Yeah its acrylic.
Need to paint the wood base and do a few more things to it.

Spacial thanks to my friend, and RPF member, AdamHunter.

I handed him a rough design schematic and he pulled it off.
beec8c22fa88525bd56e8ad71783c258.jpg
1d19f95b76c2b035c44ce3de6121b820.jpg

Last edited:
What strikes me every time I see a great build like yours is that the images look like pictures of the filming model. The quality of the kit plus the skills that you have really make it look like the real thing.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back