Darth Maul lightsaber versions.

parfaitelumiere

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi Folks, I was wondering who made what regarding Darth maul lightsabers…
of course, the original one, one of them...

Lightsaber.jpg

The accurate duelling hero version EFX:

efxdms4.JPG

The MR LE:

mr-maulsigsaber15.jpg

And fx version:

Darth_Maul-lightsaber.jpg

The Romans Empire version:

full-9148daadbf02bd9b91f1b637da204917.JPG

This picture is the one made by Darthwhitey, actually sellin his romans maul saber in junkyard.

The Korbanth:

IMG_7855_zpsedcc5154.jpeg

I saw another made by RPF member Sock2K here:

04_lightsaber_01_zpsdcf77406.jpg

http://www.therpf.com/f79/scratch-built-darth-maul-1-1-lightsaber-185535/

But...what else?
What was the best produced, and best compromise between accuracy and full metal costruction?!

Last edited:
Re: Dart Maul lightsaber versions.

There is a weathered metal version on eBay now, I think it's a Roman's. That one looks not as idealized as the MR, but still too shiny on my perspective. I've owned the MR, seen the FX MR, and now I bought the eFX. Of all, eFX is by far the best. Very accurate to the movie prop. It's worth the chance to get it.

I know that ozwepaie from Australia makes some stunning Darth Maul sabers ... I hope to one day be able to order one from him :) I might have some pictures ... somewhere.

Chaim

I know that ozwepaie from Australia makes some stunning Darth Maul sabers ... I hope to one day be able to order one from him :) I might have some pictures ... somewhere.

Chaim

Just a clarification, Oz is here in the US, not from Australia. And yes, both his full Maul staff and his BD Maul are OUTSTANDING, I own more than a few Oz Sabers and all of them are fantastic pieces of art

Dave

Orbital Machining made a 99% accurate size one too. All FX version of course. Comparing to the EFX, the only difference was a slight difference in the emitter ribs gaps. Very slight.

I remember seeing an early Kropserkel Maul saber, too. The fins were very inaccurate, but this was early 2000s.

you have some pics of these versions, would be interesting to see photos of them, to get better appreciation.

Ok so I found the OZ one:

ozmaul6.jpg

And the orbital one:

orbital maul.jpg

Last edited:

Just a clarification, Oz is here in the US, not from Australia. And yes, both his full Maul staff and his BD Maul are OUTSTANDING, I own more than a few Oz Sabers and all of them are fantastic pieces of art

Dave

Thanks ... good to know ... could you add some pictures of Oz's sabers, please?

Chaim

the one ob blue background is a oz saber.

Actually no metal replica would have correct accurate grey buttons.

Question, what is the kind of small knob or button we cas see near the led cone?
Looks like a small allen bolt with strange head and larger washer, but it's difficult to make idea because all original props are cast resin.

maul button.png

Here is what I saw about this saber details.

About replicas, some use a alen bolt near the led cone, other (orbital machining) made a special profile piece instead of.
After looking at original prop photosand thinking about how they did for red and grey button, I think it's a bolt, with large washer.

maul hero.png

After looking at original prop photosand thinking about how they did for red and grey button, I think it's a bolt, with large washer.

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but wow! I've never seen this image showing the sparking/splitting gag lightsaber so clearly. Do you recall where you found it?

There are a couple of frames in TPM right before Obi-wan slices it that show that rectangular lever very clearly. Was this meant to trigger the squib or the lightsaber half release?

View attachment 438120

Here is what I saw about this saber details.

About replicas, some use a alen bolt near the led cone, other (orbital machining) made a special profile piece instead of.

View attachment 438121

Ho Ho Ho! That’s a new picture!! Never seen that one before!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back