Darth Error corset WIP *UPDATE!

Re: Darth Error corset WIP

now I've typed this post three times and deleted it every time because I'm trying to say this the best way possible...so I'll go bullet point to avoid waffling

- the pic in question ('accidental undies') is unnecessary in my opinion and could have as easily been cropped or photographed differently to be more appropriate (or yknow, wear clothes when you make stuff, then this wouldn't be an issue)
- I don't particularly like the trend of the scantily clad (or unclad altogether) 'cosplay' that I've seen popping up here lately (or just in general), and don't really see how it fits in with the rpf being a family friendly website

Call me crazy, call me old-timey, call me a prude, this is just my opinion on this and I stand by it.

I prefer people to treat women with respect and far too often I see these kinds of things degenerate into cat-calling and other nonsense, and I think more care needs to be taken to try and avoid promoting that kind of behaviour

It just seems these days that the female builds are more about how hot can I be in production shots than costume accuracy or real updates.

That's a personal choice, there are some other females who do accurate costumes, but usually female costumes are hot like Leia slave, Sucker Punch, Wonder Woman, etc.

I'm not looking for a fight or argument on what should or should not be acceptable here. I joined this forum BECAUSE of the ingeniuity, creativity, and commitment to accuracy that it's members are known for. I hold this site to a high standard based on that.

Me neither. I also think this is a forum to show CREATIVITY and also ACCURACY, sometimes togheter, sometimes not.

If a male member showed himself in tighty-whities while showing off a chest plate on his iron man build I doubt he would receive the same attention nor would it be considered acceptable.

A guy did that (with a bikini) in the Laamberry's Ironman thread and he has been like an idol... that was fun :lol

But remember she has posted some other pictures showing more, or more hot, and no one said anything. An epic say from an epic show: "All this has happened before and will happen again".

I saw that in Laamberry's thread as well. Same issue there...bikini's and power tools. I'm sure it'll happen again and I'm sure there will be another comment made by someone else. Panties and bikini's aside...my previous statement is about a trend that, apparently, I'm not the only one whose noticed. The bikini guy seemed to be mocking her pic while emmulating it. But that's just how it seemed to me...I've been wrong before tho.

A cute girl who know's what they're doing with tools and proportions will get more than enough attention on a male dominated site like this without having to show skin unnecessarilly.

Some of Error's most popular threads seem to be the one's where she's zombified because her makeup was INCREDIBLY done.

just because no one said anything doesn't mean they were appropriate, I've personally gone to say several things in response to several of errors posts but thought twice about it because I could never find the right words...

Geez - to use an appropriate phrase; Don't get your panties in a bunch! I didn't even notice that when I saw the picture, and quite frankly, even after it was mentioned, I had to look twice to see it. Call me a complete nerd, but I was looking at the sewing job!

So let's put this is perspective; zombie shots ok, blood and guts no problem. Gorgeous women completely clothed, albeit scantily at times, not ok?

-or-

Zombies and blood\gore family friendly,
Smokin' hot girls not family friendly, unless they dress frumpy?

I didnt think the zombie ones were appropriate either...is there any reason she needed to be topless? I'm pretty sure she could have shown us the zombie makeup while having some clothes on....

Same goes for the topless catwoman photos, completely unnecessary on here....post them on your own site for sure if that's what you want, but here's not the place for that....

It reminds me of the R2D2/C3P0 bathing suit designs in a way. Error, you seem to have a pretty good imagination when it comes to stuff like this so I'm curious to see where you're going with it.

Geez - to use an appropriate phrase; Don't get your panties in a bunch! I didn't even notice that when I saw the picture, and quite frankly, even after it was mentioned, I had to look twice to see it. Call me a complete nerd, but I was looking at the sewing job!

So let's put this is perspective; zombie shots ok, blood and guts no problem. Gorgeous women completely clothed, albeit scantily at times, not ok?

-or-

Zombies and blood\gore family friendly,
Smokin' hot girls not family friendly, unless they dress frumpy?

I never talked about the family friendliness of blood and gore but the appropriateness of the pictures in relation to the build. Bikini does not an iron man make but it would work with Lum, which it actually looks like.

Lum_cosplay_by_AlisaKiss.jpg

Let the pics match the build...that's all I'm saying...I didn't mention anything on the Psylock thread because the pictures were appropriate for the build.

So let's put this is perspective; zombie shots ok, blood and guts no problem. Gorgeous women completely clothed, albeit scantily at times, not ok? ?

Yes, that about sums it up. Folks are aware of the hypocrisy of it, they just don't do anything to change it. I've used the same complaint you mentioned more times than I care to count.

I hope folks don't continue derailing this because of that one photo... it's just not that big of a deal.

I never talked about the family friendliness of blood and gore but the appropriateness of the pictures in relation to the build. Bikini does not an iron man make...

Folks need to remember the context of that first, now infamous, pic. Laam lives Down South, where she was working outside in the heat and humidity. If I had been standing next to her, I would have been wearing less. Hot, sticky, swampy weather makes people want to get comfortable.

I can't speak for her, of course, but I'm willing to bet she didn't think anything of it when that pic was snapped and issue isn't so much the "appropriateness" of the pic but the individual mores of the observer.

I'm pretty sure that's the context of Error's pic, too. She's snapping a pic of a project she's got in her lap; didn't think for a minute anyone's going to care what she's wearing to be comfortable as she works.

Error does great work and yes I do believe that women do get away from the detail from movie just to sexy it up. I mean come on though is it really that big a deal to people? If you don't like it don't look at the thread. Rock on Error lol haters going to hate lol.

I think it is awesome to see a pretty woman into the costume and prop thing. I have seen several of your threads Error and I have liked your costume selections so far. Especially the Cat Woman. I thought that was a terrific interpretation of the suit. Keep up the great work!

my head hurts from reading all this ... and when i actually noticed my underwear in the picture i thought to my self how was anyone even able to figure out what the hell they were looking at ... i watered the garden in those underwear and got in the pool and vacuumed it this morning rofl i am sure that was probably a worst sight ... im not bending over my project like hey guys LOOK AT THISSSSS.... i been stitching this .. in that position on my bed ...real good for my knees i know .. and i draped that over my legs..SORRY BIG DAMN MISTAKE .. and took a progress picture because if i did not do it last night ..well i never would have

im sorry folks but im not here for a popularity contest and im not censoring what does not need to be censored in my opinion... unless of course if a mod does not attack me for it ... if i am reported , well then its simple .. i leave ... im not a cosplayer , im not some ***** , and i am def. not an idiot .... it would not matter if i wore turtle necks and cargo pants ... it is a male dominated site so any female is going to get some random weird attention along with useful people that are interested in her work .... my mother works in a male dominated building ... she gets hit on constantly .. my mother wears sweat cloths and looks like gimili from lotr ...best i can say is if you dont like it well.. dont look at it .. sorry my hands and cellulite were in these photos sorry you could see a few square inches of underwear .... come to north bergen with me ... guys walk around with their underwear hangin out their pants lol ... and thanks dualedge i appreciate it alric ... i think the harvest is coming up soon HETUS .. HETUS OMNEBUS! .....its almost hand stand time ....

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back