Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files

Hey darkside check out this new tv spot for the avengers about iron man! About 53 seconds in, you should see something that could help a little with the iron man file for the back :)

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

That link didnt take me to the trailer but I looked it up on youtube. The highest res I could find was 720. Anyways, there are some more scenes of Iron Man but nothing really ground breaking on the back flaps... you get to see a lot of the upper flaps in action but I didnt see the lower flaps move. Anyways, thanks for mentioning it.

Saw the movie a while ago? Should I tell the details? :)

Well if you have some good info to offer on some special features of the Mark VII suit then I think you should share... however, maybe use that little spoiler button that hides the text for anyone that doesn't want to read it and if you do want to read it you click the button to show the text. Can you do that on the RPF? I am not sure how.

But info like how his shoulder plate opened up to reveal all those little missiles that shot out while he was flying... or maybe other parts of his suit that do things (IE like the laser unit under the handplate).

Also, maybe you can solve the question of whether or not there are lower flaps... although I have been spending a lot of time looking at trailers and pictures and I think I have the lower flaps figured out. I would like to see what is under the flaps though, lol.

Well if you have some good info to offer on some special features of the Mark VII suit then I think you should share... however, maybe use that little spoiler button that hides the text for anyone that doesn't want to read it and if you do want to read it you click the button to show the text. Can you do that on the RPF? I am not sure how.

But info like how his shoulder plate opened up to reveal all those little missiles that shot out while he was flying... or maybe other parts of his suit that do things (IE like the laser unit under the handplate).

Also, maybe you can solve the question of whether or not there are lower flaps... although I have been spending a lot of time looking at trailers and pictures and I think I have the lower flaps figured out. I would like to see what is under the flaps though, lol.

I dunno about the spoiler button if it even exists here.

Anyway regarding the mk7 details, associated with the Colantotte (If I spelled it right) bracelet, it works like a charm. The suit comes in like a capsule, and I mean a big capsule with the legs,arms and helmet inside the suit. The only visible parts are the back,chest,abs and cod. Then it attaches to the bracelet using a laser of some sort.

The missiles on the shoulder is very hard to make in pep. Trust me on this. A panel pops out then 2 very small panels under that one slides to both sides to reveal the nano missiles. During the entire movie I was trying to observe how the flaps work. Unfortunately, it revealed that only 2 is used during normal flight (The silver ones). The lower flaps (Below the silver), well, I didn't notice them move at all. The only new thing was the booster on the gold part of the chest. Yes folks it is a flap. No changes on the helmet as well, in the movie, that is. Missiles on the forearms from mk3 are also present in mk7, the tri-laser below it. Also the shin part, is no longer a flap. A booster is present below it as well.

Now regarding the renewed mk6 in the movie, well, just watch it. You'll be surprised regarding the changes in it.

And don't forget the after credits scene. I was shocked when I saw it.

Trust me, your ticket is well spent watching this movie.. (y)thumbsup

...The only new thing was the booster on the gold part of the chest. Yes folks it is a flap. ...Also the shin part, is no longer a flap. A booster is present below it as well.

Now regarding the renewed mk6 in the movie, well, just watch it. You'll be surprised regarding the changes in it.

Ok, so the panels on the chest are actually flaps that move out away from the chest? Do they pivot on the back of the flap towards the armpits? Which part is the flap... just the top layer or both of the layers? There is a booster under this flap??? that shots out flames like the jet pack on his back?

I don't understand what you are saying about the shin. Can you explain a little more?

I don't think the lower flaps move that much but now I am pretty sure they are there and it would definitely look cool to have all four flaps moving since we cant have flames shooting out of our backs. I am upgrading the back now.

Should I go back and make the detail under the chest flaps?

Awesome work darkside501st - any ideas when the Mark VII Helmet will be available ?
Love the work you've done so far :)

Ok, so the panels on the chest are actually flaps that move out away from the chest? Do they pivot on the back of the flap towards the armpits? Which part is the flap... just the top layer or both of the layers? There is a booster under this flap??? that shots out flames like the jet pack on his back?

I don't understand what you are saying about the shin. Can you explain a little more?

I don't think the lower flaps move that much but now I am pretty sure they are there and it would definitely look cool to have all four flaps moving since we cant have flames shooting out of our backs. I am upgrading the back now.

Should I go back and make the detail under the chest flaps?

The red part above the gold part on the chest are the flaps. Flames shoot out of them during flight. The shin flap has a booster under it. Unlike before. Flames shoot out of it as well. I'll upload a pic later to distinguish the moving parts. The flaps on the chest open out, not toward the armpits though.

563113_420780697932929_100000030081087_1674069_1576240920_n.jpg

Last edited:

quovadis0920 - That is pretty cool. I can't wait to see the movie.

Everyone, I have a little surprise:

Mk%20VII%20Back2.png

Mk%20VII%20Back%20Flaps.png

Look closely at the first picture. I have added the jet pack detail under the flaps. As you can tell from the second picture, I added lower flaps and put some neat stuff under them on the back.

IronLeoMan is unfolding it now.

quovadis0920 - That is pretty cool. I can't wait to see the movie.

Everyone, I have a little surprise:

Mk%20VII%20Back2.png

Mk%20VII%20Back%20Flaps.png

Look closely at the first picture. I have added the jet pack detail under the flaps. As you can tell from the second picture, I added lower flaps and put some neat stuff under them on the back.

IronLeoMan is unfolding it now.

Would you like me to do the foam conversion for the back and flaps?

The "jetpack" in the back is a part that can be removed of the armor, it fall at the end of the film.

If you've seen the film, PLEASE dont give any spoilers.

As for the back... SSSSWWWWEEEETTTTT.

Back looks killer! Finished cutting the chest but haven't done pepping yet.

Anyway, regarding the Mk7 parts I told you guys about..

Here are the pics..

423903_392975727380093_100000030081087_1589622_1539864698_n.jpg

423492_392975857380080_100000030081087_1589627_1078561719_n.jpg

422011_392975660713433_100000030081087_1589620_721210197_n.jpg

Will add rubber sheets to those holes afterwards..

Would you like me to do the foam conversion for the back and flaps?

Sure, if you want to. ironmaided hasn't really been in contact with me about it. Also, I have no problem with uploading more than one unfold or foam conversion. Different stokes for different folks.

Jay64fr said:
The "jetpack" in the back is a part that can be removed of the armor, it fall at the end of the film.

Well, No... I haven't seen the movie yet so I didnt know that happened. Although, I don't think I will make it do that. I don't really see a purpose in ejecting the jetpack... unless it is a result of damage to the suit and it is some sort of safety feature. Even still what purpose would that serve for costuming?

Back looks killer! Finished cutting the chest but haven't done pepping yet.

Anyway, regarding the Mk7 parts I told you guys about..

Will add rubber sheets to those holes afterwards..

It is looking pretty good. Can't wait to see more.

On a side note... I have some questions for anyone that is building the pep files in cardstock -

How does everything fit... the shape of the parts?

Are there any changes you would make to the shape or fit of these files?

For example - maybe the top of the biceps is to big compared to the bottom. If you could make it a more uniform size from the top to the bottom it would fit better.

Something like that.

Sure, if you want to. ironmaided hasn't really been in contact with me about it. Also, I have no problem with uploading more than one unfold or foam conversion. Different stokes for different folks.

Alright! Ill do it! Wen the files come out ill get right on it

Ok so for some reason Tapatalk is no longer working. So i havent seen any of these updates till today :cry.

Iv'e been working hard on making my hinges/ leds for my helmet, but ive also been working on this:

2012-04-26_12-56-50_948.jpg

I must say it was a HARD piece to pep, the numbers barely displayed on the paper so a few things I had to guess at and others I had to recreate myself. It seems to fit without the supports so im not sure I wanna add those and shorten the distance between the two flaps.

I also let the inserts unglued from the chest piece, I may want to recreat the action it does in the movie. I guess I will see next weekend its exact movement:)

But now on to the back piece. I want to try and connect them to one piece before resining if at all possible? I want it to be a "slip-on" type deal. any suggestions? :confused

It most likely won't fit as one piece over your shoulders, so you'll have to do them in two separate pieces.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back