Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files

The Back looks killer.

What's next on the Chopping Block?

Neck?

Helmet?

I am working on the supports for the back and then the collar plate. After that, the neck and helmet. But with all the files that are available now you could make a full suit without any issues if you use the Mk VI collar plate, neck, and helmet.

I put a big update on the first post with some new comments so if you haven't re-read the post in a while, please do.

I just finished the back, and it looks awesome.
GetAttachment.aspx
If you see a bunch of random numbers and letters I tried to upload my back picture.

is there way to do make a left thigh for iron man mk vii pepakura file

For the shin, thigh, and hip pod you have to either invert the pattern in the 2D window or unfold the part (click apply unfold lines to 3D model) and then on the 3D menu click Change Coordinates > Change Model Coordinates. Click No Flip > Next > Next > Invert. Then click Unfold.

I think the 2nd option might only be available on Pepakura Designer.

After you do either one of these you just move the parts around to fit them on the page again. I will eventually do this but I wanted to spend my time getting the models out there for everyone.

Note though that if you are doing a foam build you dont have to do this cause you can reuse the same templates just by flipping it over for the other side.

I just finished the back, and it looks awesome.
GetAttachment.aspx
If you see a bunch of random numbers and letters I tried to upload my back picture.

I don't see a picture. I would like to see it so if you can post it then that would be great.

Well, it was up, then the next time I saw it, it was gone tried opening it up but doesn't work. I'll try again.

Yeah, that looks nice. Thanks. Keep up the good work.

Ha, right after I posted this the picture disappeared. I don't know how you are posting it but it is not working. Are you posting the picture withe the image button? You should try using the image upload feature.

On a side note I uploaded the foam templates for the abs/midsection.

Last edited:

I guess picture's don't work for me, but I'll put a video on youtube sometime.

When I open a file and import some others, they don't appear "togheter". The back gets flipped and above the chest.
It's possible to make the parts of the suit fit to see how it would look like?

You're importing the Parts into Pep Designer, TOGETHER? I didnt know you could do that.

.... ya learn something new everyday.....

I would suggest rotating the model in a 3d program, and THEN import it.

Last edited:

When I open a file and import some others, they don't appear "togheter". The back gets flipped and above the chest.
It's possible to make the parts of the suit fit to see how it would look like?

Yes but in order for them to all fit together correctly they all have to be part of the same model... since I am modeling each piece separately, this is not the case. I might go back after I have finished all the pieces and combine them into one model before I export them. However, on parts like the back you would be looking at the inside of the part instead of at the back (like it is now). Pros and Cons. ;)

Oh, ok then.
It's nice take a look in how the suit would look like togheter before starting to build it.
Thanks for all, darkside!

You're importing the Parts into Pep Designer, TOGETHER? I didnt know you could do that.

.... ya learn something new everyday.....

I would suggest rotating the model in a 3d program, and THEN import it.

Yeah, it's possible. I don't remember wich files, maybe was the robo's one, that I could put togheter.
But to do this you open a pep file, then goes in FILE > Import (blablabla) and choose some other pep you wanna put togheter.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back