Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files

@Dpeterson117
Yeah, I am building this suit to be worn just like the Mk IV and VI suit Robo3687 made. So it will have other parts that go on before the Chest/Back. I don't think there is a reliable way to put the Chest/Back pieces on as one part.

I will take a closer look at the unfold for the Chest. So the problem is that the numbers don't show up on the parts? Are you just referring to the small/skinny parts?

As for Tapatalk... I have noticed some changes in the way the site works since we moved back to TheRPF.com domain. That might be why.

@rasco1985
These files are scaled at 23 by default... that should fit someone that is around RDJ's size (5'5" - 5'8"). But everyonw is built different and some parts may have to be scaled bigger or smaller than other parts you are making. IE... the chest and back should fit me at scale 23 but I will have to scale the helmet at 24.

@Dpeterson117
Yeah, I am building this suit to be worn just like the Mk IV and VI suit Robo3687 made. So it will have other parts that go on before the Chest/Back. I don't think there is a reliable way to put the Chest/Back pieces on as one part.

I will take a closer look at the unfold for the Chest. So the problem is that the numbers don't show up on the parts? Are you just referring to the small/skinny parts?

As for Tapatalk... I have noticed some changes in the way the site works since we moved back to TheRPF.com domain. That might be why.

Tapatalk is fine now, I had to delete the old one and search it again lol. :D.

Your files were fine lol just the really thin pieces were unreadable that's all.. So I added them in the way I thought they would go lmao.

On another note, does the abs fit under the chest pieces as well? If so my scale might be off then.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Tapatalk is fine now, I had to delete the old one and search it again lol. :D.

Your files were fine lol just the really thin pieces were unreadable that's all.. So I added them in the way I thought they would go lmao.

On another note, does the abs fit under the chest pieces as well? If so my scale might be off then.

Ok, yeah the small parts don't show numbers very well. I have learned to build a pep while looking at the model in pep viewer. This makes it a lot easier... also not cutting out all the pieces at the same time and getting them all mixed up helps too. If you know what page the piece comes from it is easier to identify where it goes on the model. Zabana's hand files are like this a bunch of small parts. Numbers don't help much.

Yes the abs fit under the chest if they are scaled the same... I left a little clearance too. If you scaled them differently then that could cause problems and you might have to make some modifications.

Mk%20VII%20Torso.png

Ok, yeah the small parts don't show numbers very well. I have learned to build a pep while looking at the model in pep viewer. This makes it a lot easier... also not cutting out all the pieces at the same time and getting them all mixed up helps too. If you know what page the piece comes from it is easier to identify where it goes on the model. Zabana's hand files are like this a bunch of small parts. Numbers don't help much.

Yes the abs fit under the chest if they are scaled the same... I left a little clearance too. If you scaled them differently then that could cause problems and you might have to make some modifications.

Mk%20VII%20Torso.png

I took the chest up to 23.040349
Because the width of my chest is about 15 or so inches.. Should I scaled the abs and back to the same size?

I took the chest up to 23.040349
Because the width of my chest is about 15 or so inches.. Should I scaled the abs and back to the same size?

The Back is designed to match up with the Chest... there is probably a little leeway if you don't use the support beams. The Abs can be smaller but I wouldn't make them bigger than the Chest, Back, and Cod pieces. Don't forget that they expand and contract up and down so you really only have to worry about the circumference.

After all the parts are resined and fiberglassed, you may want to trim a little off the undercut of the parts.

@rasco1985
These files are scaled at 23 by default... that should fit someone that is around RDJ's size (5'5" - 5'8"). But everyonw is built different and some parts may have to be scaled bigger or smaller than other parts you are making. IE... the chest and back should fit me at scale 23 but I will have to scale the helmet at 24.

Thank you for the reply i am about 5'10"- 5'11" so that mean i have to scale the files a bit.

Thank you for the reply i am about 5'10"- 5'11" so that mean i have to scale the files a bit.

Yeah so my guess is that 25-26 would be better for you. Scale it up and check out the estimated finished measurements... also you can use the measurement tool to measure between two points on the 3D model.

I took some more pictures of all the parts assembled. Click on the picture below to go to the full size versions.

Quick question, Does Ironmans electronics look like they are more Blue or white on the Mk7? Ive seen pictures of both??

12843-ironman-0018-therpf.jpg

my finished mark 7 suit

the ab, chest and back parts are hand made

the cod and other parts are my foam conversions of darkside's files

12841-ironman-0016-therpf.jpg

12836-ironman-0011-therpf.jpg

12833-ironman-0008-therpf.jpg

my helmet :D
12831-ironman-0006-therpf.jpg

12828-ironman-0003-therpf.jpg

12828-ironman-0003-therpf.jpg

Quick question, Does Ironmans electronics look like they are more Blue or white on the Mk7? Ive seen pictures of both??

I would go with pure white with a color range around 6500k. These LEDs have a blue hue to them. Plus you can always add a blue tinted transparent sheet later if you want.

I have heard some speculation that Iron Man's new suit uses some Cosmic Cube energy and therefore it more blue but this could be total hogwash. You would have to check with someone who has seen the movie.

@ironmaided
The suit looks great man. Enjoy the premiere.

Cube Energy... like from "THOR" ?

Sounds interesting... I wonder how he gets ahold of That...

I also wonder if it's More powerful than the Element he created in "Ironman 2"

Should make for some interesting new tech and weaponry :love

I wonder if his suit will be able to open a wormhole to Asguard (since it has SO MUCH POWER now)

congrats for this great work, i hope to start this build as soon as possible . I am planning build it in foam, it will be amazing

Nope no cosmic energy in the mark 7 armor it runs on the new element reactor. I won't spoil anything but it bears a strong resemblance to the suitcase armor. It has jets underneath the back flaps and it is loaded with weapons.

Hey Darkside, Kindof off topic a little, but i saw in another thead that you were trying to replicate Finheads Faceplate system. Were you ever able to do that? Just curious because i'm ready to pull my hair out over this hinge system. lmao.

Cube Energy... like from "THOR" ?
Sounds interesting... I wonder how he gets ahold of That...
I also wonder if it's More powerful than the Element he created in "Ironman 2"
Should make for some interesting new tech and weaponry :love
I wonder if his suit will be able to open a wormhole to Asguard (since it has SO MUCH POWER now)

Well, on screen, the Cosmic Cube was introduced in the Captain America: The First Avenger. It was retrieved from the bottom of the ocean by Shield along with Capt. I have seen some promo pics that indicate they are definitely doing something with it and Tony is checking it out with his computers. I think that the Cosmic Cube came from Thor's realm and that Loki is going after it. I just don't know how it plays into the movie yet. I am just speculating at this point.

The Red Skull was using the Cosmic Cube energy in his tech so we know it is possible but something tells me that it is not going to power the Iron Man suit.

congrats for this great work, i hope to start this build as soon as possible . I am planning build it in foam, it will be amazing

Thanks, looking forward to seeing it.

Hey Darkside, Kindof off topic a little, but i saw in another thead that you were trying to replicate Finheads Faceplate system. Were you ever able to do that? Just curious because i'm ready to pull my hair out over this hinge system. lmao.

Yes I want to do it but this project has been sucking all my time... I am pretty sure I can make it work but my only concern is that the posts might stick in the channels and the faceplate wont open smoothly. I anticipate that will be one issue I will be confronted with.

I sent the foam conversions for the flaps of the back to darkside and im in the middle of converting the actual back into foamable pieces and that should be done monday/tuesday

Well, on screen, the Cosmic Cube was introduced in the Captain America: The First Avenger. It was retrieved from the bottom of the ocean by Shield along with Capt. I have seen some promo pics that indicate they are definitely doing something with it and Tony is checking it out with his computers. I think that the Cosmic Cube came from Thor's realm and that Loki is going after it. I just don't know how it plays into the movie yet. I am just speculating at this point.

The Red Skull was using the Cosmic Cube energy in his tech so we know it is possible but something tells me that it is not going to power the Iron Man suit.

You'll see. Trust me folks you'll be amazed by this movie. Anyway has anyone read the comics prelude to the movie yet? It'll give you some great information before you go to the theaters.

If you don't have it yet, you can read all about it on my facebook account.

(Make sure you login to facebook before clicking the link.)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.417751701569162.105993.100000030081087&type=3

You'll see. Trust me folks you'll be amazed by this movie. Anyway has anyone read the comics prelude to the movie yet? It'll give you some great information before you go to the theaters.

If you don't have it yet, you can read all about it on my facebook account.

(Make sure you login to facebook before clicking the link.)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.417751701569162.105993.100000030081087&type=3

Yes I saw the motion comic that Marvel put out in conjunction with Collanate (sp?) Anyways, I saw the bracelets and the comic... it is not that hard to figure out what is going to happen. but I dont want to spoil it for anyone concerned with that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back