Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files

looks great Dando! hey darkside what are you modeling for the suit next??? im very exited :love:love...

I will be doing the collar plate next... but I am taking a break and redoing my Tony Stark/Iron Man costume for the premier.

Here is what it looked like for Halloween:

Iron Man/Tony Stark Gauntlet and Arc Ractor for Halloween

I am going with the Black Sabbath shirt combo this time, like what he wears in the trailers. I am making improvements to the gauntlet and I am making the new arc reactor.

@ Darkside:

woah.. you have an ARC REACTOR model?

Can you share it? I'd like to see what a Pepped Arc Reactor would look like.

Great job darkside501st I can do this costume for the carnival, which is in my town, but I do not know if I could. I am available for three weeks and then only at night. Whether it will succeed if I work 3-4 hours? Saturday and Sunday, maybe more. How long you did it take to make your costume? Also I have an idea to do it this way A quick look at a cool Iron Man Costume @ Nan Desu Kan 2010 - YouTube but I need information on how to do it. Do you have any idea?

Great job darkside501st I can do this costume for the carnival, which is in my town, but I do not know if I could. I am available for three weeks and then only at night. Whether it will succeed if I work 3-4 hours? Saturday and Sunday, maybe more. How long you did it take to make your costume? Also I have an idea to do it this way A quick look at a cool Iron Man Costume @ Nan Desu Kan 2010 - YouTube but I need information on how to do it. Do you have any idea?

Everyone seems to love Master le, There are WAY better suits out there...

But back to what you were saying, The quick way and easy was is to do foam. I believe ironmaided said it took him about 2 weeks to finish his? Correct me if I'm wrong on that maided. But on the other hand pep has alot more detail but is alot more time consuming. But if you need it quick, I would go with foam. Hope this helps.

I have a question , when u craft an armor with foam .. before u paint it , how can u fill the gaps that remain between the folds? What i have to use? Just use vynil glue?

Everyone seems to love Master le, There are WAY better suits out there...

But back to what you were saying, The quick way and easy was is to do foam. I believe ironmaided said it took him about 2 weeks to finish his? Correct me if I'm wrong on that maided. But on the other hand pep has alot more detail but is alot more time consuming. But if you need it quick, I would go with foam. Hope this helps.

I have been working for almost 2 weeks with foam and I am painting today, but have had a friend help out with it. I would say I have spent about 5 hours a day at least, and then my friend has been over on average 3-4 hours per day. biggest hang up is cutting out the paper templates, and then the obvious one, cutting out the foam. joining pieces doesn't take that long since you are using hot glue, but it does take about an hour a piece for the small stuff and 2-3 for larger pieces to be assembled. Hope that helps.

Orignally Posted by Zerios
I have a question , when u craft an armor with foam .. before u paint it , how can u fill the gaps that remain between the folds? What i have to use? Just use vynil glue?

Stealth's hero tutorials will help u with that-- TheHeroTutorials - YouTube

My Question is do u scale the chest the same as the back?

@ Darkside:

woah.. you have an ARC REACTOR model?

Can you share it? I'd like to see what a Pepped Arc Reactor would look like.

No, my arc is not pepped. I made a model and printed it out but the cardstock did not provide enough precision for the arc reactor. I had to make it out of other materials. I will post pictures when I am done.

Orignally Posted by Zerios

Stealth's hero tutorials will help u with that-- TheHeroTutorials - YouTube

My Question is do u scale the chest the same as the back?

I would do the back the same size as the chest. I don't think anyone would have to do them at different scales unless you have a massive chest, lol. Although, if you do have to scale them differently then you will just have to force the sides to meet.

Hey darkside are you going to be remodeling the chest for the special rocket thrusters around the rib area?

12940-mk7marathon.jpg

so here is what i accomplished in time for the opening its not perfect but we had a great time out thanks darkside awesome work im gonna take my time on a full on pep version next im just gonna take a little break from iron man for a bit might do a batman for dark knight rises.

Darkside have you seen this one yet?

I think this is how the suit looks like when the booster part of the back detaches from the suit.

541161_428742233803442_100000030081087_1695724_1198386794_n.jpg

So it took me a day to get a chance to post this, but this is what I was able to get done for the premiere. I wore it about an hour before the movie, sat in it for the whole movie, and still felt like I could have kept it on for some time; dang foam route is great. I made a fiberglass one before, and after 30 minutes I wanted to tear the thing off me. My friend in the black suit is my "shield agent" buddy, he played interception for me as I got mobbed at the theater. He also was a huge help in getting this put together in time. Thanks again darkside and everyone else who helped get these files put together!

12943-movie-theater.png

Looks great! I'm going the full pep suit route. Just because I like the more detailed look and as well as hardness of the pieces.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Hi Darkside, if you're still planning on making new files (very detailed) of the Mk7, here are 2 pics that should really help you (if you did not seen them already of course)

315_max.jpg

559_max.jpg

Hope it helps !
(Oh and your files are AWESOME ! ;) )

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back