Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files

...here are 2 pics that should really help you (if you did not seen them already of course)

Thank you for posting these!!! :love

My local B&N is still waiting on their stock of The Art of book... Amazon, here I come!

Edit:

Just found this with a quick Google search...

223_max.jpg

451_max.jpg

649_max.jpg

Last edited:

Héhé nice !
For people who didnt noticed, the pics that Pinder91 posted ARE NOT the same as the ones I posted !
Focus on the bag pack / forearms / thigh details ;) !
Thanks for sharing Pinder91
I hope these will be nice references for Darkside

In fact, these pics are a 3D model, drawn / modeled by a guy and he posted these pics on his site as proofs.
I dont know if he's sharing or selling the files or something...because if he does, it means that it's possible to make Pep files from this perfect Iron Man mark 7 suit.

_KF_

Héhé nice !
For people who didnt noticed, the pics that Pinder91 posted ARE NOT the same as the ones I posted !

In fact, these pics are a 3D model, drawn / modeled by a guy and he posted these pics on his site as proofs.
I dont know if he's sharing or selling the files or something...because if he does, it means that it's possible to make Pep files from this perfect Iron Man mark 7 suit.

_KF_

I figured we got the pics from the same place, so I added the ones you didn't, as well as IMMEDIATELY save them to my HD incase they get pulled.

Yeah, it looks like these were posted up by the artist that rendered the suit for the film from Legacy Effects. Awesome of him to post them up!

Yep its really cool ;)
I just sent a mail, to ask if this file is shared, or even for sale.
As we say here in France "If you try nothing, you'll get nothing"
So lets wait & see ! But even if it's a fail, I'm sure that DarkSide can impress us a lot, like he already did ! :rolleyes

_KF_

kabiil, Pinder91 thank u guys well needed pic just in time. By the way just seen the movie n 3D it was Awesome.

This is just incredible stuff from everyone.

Darkside501st and the unfolders and foam converters.
I cant believe this is already ready to be made in both forms.

The Mark VII doesn't look so ugly any more now that I can see some better shots of it.
I missed the circle arc.

I will try to have a go at this
wish me luck...

Last edited:
This is just incredible stuff from everyone.

Darkside501st and the unfolders and foam converters.
I cant believe this is already ready to be made in both forms.

The Mark VII doesn't look so ugly any more now that I can see some better shots of it.
I missed the circle arc.

I will try to have a go at this
wish me luck...

It honestly looks better with the flaps detached in my opinion.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

oh, the flight pack is an optional feature on the suit?
I'm confused. The suit looks different without the pack?
how many "new" suits are in this movie?

Guess I need to see the movie. lol

Just waiting till the theatres die down a bit. Hate crowds.

oh, the flight pack is an optional feature on the suit?
I'm confused. The suit looks different without the pack?
how many "new" suits are in this movie?

Guess I need to see the movie. lol

Just waiting till the theatres die down a bit. Hate crowds.

Lmao just the MK6 and 7. Yes the are removable in the movie. Or at least they come off? Lmao I won't go into too much detail. the difference isn't huge but the pack Makes him look like he has huge traps lmao.

This photo has them detached :
http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj547/Dpeterson117/tapatalk_1336276430962.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Héhé nice !

_KF_

Thanks for posting the pictures here... you guys beat me to it as I was busy all day at the Avengers event I went to. I did see those and I will be adding them to my reference gallery. They are by far the best pictures of the suit that we have seen and they reveal a lot of details that I could not previously make out... I am sad to say that my previous files are no where near as accurate as I previously thought they would be.

The artist's name is Josh Herman and he is obviously a very talented individual. Much more so than myself in 3D modeling. I also contacted him regarding the model but I don't know if it will work. I would ask that anyone reading this post refrain from contacting him cause if everyone emails him asking for the model then he is likely not to read anyone's messages. I would really like to stand out for him so that hopefully he will share. I posted a link to this thread to show him what we do.

As I said I don't even know if he will be allowed to share... he might not have the rights to the model, and even if he does, his commission fee listed on his website is $800. It doesn't go into detail for what that price covers. I can't imagine that it is a blanket fee but I don't know. Anyways, I doubt that everyone here could chip in to raise that much money.

It honestly looks better with the flaps detached in my opinion.

It looks like there might be secondary flaps under the other flaps that got ejected. I imagine so that he could still fly afterwards but we didn't get to see that happen in the movie.

what do you mean? pic please :)

The legendary STEALTH! Thanks for visiting my thread and thank you for all the work you have done with your video tutorials they helped me get started in this costuming medium.

One of the large pictures that were posted above show the Mark VII with various parts of the suit removed so that you can see the details of what lies underneath. If you look at the back of the suit you can see that the 'jetpacks' and the large lower flaps have been removed so you can see what is under them... this 'under back' looks a lot like the Mk III.

SPOILER ALERT...

In the movie he ejects the 'jetpacks'. It is unclear if the large lower flaps are also ejected. Although, I think the back would look funny if they were still there after the 'jetpacks' were ejected. It is not clear why the 'jet packs were ejected in the first place. I am guessing but if all the fuel for them is used up then they would serve no further purpose and only weigh the suit down so ejecting them after they have been used up would help get rid of 'dead weight'.

Anyways, regardless of whether or not we can use the awesome model that Josh Herman made I will attempt to go back and fix my files and then release a Mark VII version 2. ;)

I'm about to make a video talking about you and these files and linking this thread to my subscribers so they can visit this thread and start building their mark 7.

I am really excited. Everyone will be very happy.

I'm about to make a video talking about you and these files and linking this thread to my subscribers so they can visit this thread and start building their mark 7.

I am really excited. Everyone will be very happy.

Thanks man... That would be cool. Please make sure you mention that the files that are posted now were developed before the movie came out and I will be revising them to be more accurate and releasing a version 2 at a later date.

I'm sure everyone will be happy with these. I'll make a note of that in the description. I'll keep everyone posted.

Guys,
I just bought a brand new ipad 3 .. and while I was downloading apps and reading mail as they came in, I stumbled on "Marvel : The Avangers" app. When I started it .. BANG, the MKVII in all its glory.

I snapshot'd it for you guys!

Enjoy!

View attachment 93453

I'm sure everyone will be happy with these. I'll make a note of that in the description. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks... but I am not happy with these so I will fix them. ;) Damn OCD part of me. :p

Anyways, I uploaded the new pictures to my skydrive. Here is a link - shortcut to the new ones:
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2120...#cid=21209EBD4D8A434F&id=21209EBD4D8A434F!314

@bigturc

That app and motion comic has been out for a while and is kind of important to film I would recommend watching it. Doesn't really mater if you see it before or after. Thanks for posting the pic.

ah, I get it now.

same suit, just has some adds on.

your OCD just benefits everyone in the end for sure. :p

ah, I get it now.

same suit, just has some adds on.

your OCD just benefits everyone in the end for sure. :p

Yes, the two different pictures that were posted are both of the Mark VII. One has the extra equipment and the other does not.

Yeah, but OCD can be a pain sometimes.

On another note, I already received a response from Josh. Unfortunately, he is not able to share the model for fear of copyright infringement violations since he does not own the rights to the model. Here was his response:

Hey man, I wish I could help you out. But I since I'm not technically the owner of these files I wouldn't feel comfortable letting other people have the model.

Your stuff is coming along quite well though, and the model you've made from what i can assume is just reference from online or toys, is pretty damn impressive. Seem to have gotten most if not all of the major planes in there.

To answer some of the questions on your thread about the pieces that come off: The two versions i've posted are the before and after of when his jetback/backpack comes off. His thighpads, chest panels and backpack all come off.... The forearm pieces were also supposed to come off, but that didn't happen in the movie.... odd.

The mark 7 was designed to be a mix of war machine and the standard iron man suit. So the extra bits are mostly ammo and weapons. But the backpack added extra boosters for flight so he could also use the RT's on his hands as weapons. And of course the added stuff should make him feel bigger and bulkier than normal.

Thanks for getting in touch though, and sorry i can't help you out.

Oh, and the $800 thing on my site is for a class I teach, not for models. I don't like to give out the models i've done because I don't want to get sued.

-Josh

I sent him another message with a few other questions. He seems like a real nice guys and as I said before he is very talented. You guys should check out his blog... and for anyone interested in 3D modeling he offers those classes he mentioned.

Anyways, there might be another option out there. I will post some more info soon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back