Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - New Pics pg 100!!

hello,

I was cheking the pictures of mark VII and i am kinda confused about this.
The places I pointed pointed out with green lines looks like to be the same and touching each other in the pictures. Or did i get it wrong ?

LowerHand.jpg

If you take a peak at the first page there are some reference pics available. I don't think they touch though, I believe the wrist plate kinda floats over the forearm and hand.

That is looking good. You have a nice finish on the paint.

hello,

I was cheking the pictures of mark VII and i am kinda confused about this.
The places I pointed pointed out with green lines looks like to be the same and touching each other in the pictures. Or did i get it wrong ?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31285587/iron man/LowerHand.jpg

If you take a peak at the first page there are some reference pics available. I don't think they touch though, I believe the wrist plate kinda floats over the forearm and hand.

The handplate is supposed to fit into the gauntlet like that but. before the movie came out we did not know that. I made the original model to be more like the Mk III where the handplate rests on top of the gauntlet. You can alter the pepped gauntlet and shrink the handplate to get it to fit together if you want.

Hey guys what kind of glue are you using? I'm finding hot glue to be hard to control and messy. Help? Thanks!

Edit: Also what weight of card stock are you using 110lb?

Last edited:

Djstorm100, I use PVA glue from a squeezy bottle that has a fine nib on it for better control and I use 110lb card stock which has been great to work with for me. Goodluck

Hey guys what kind of glue are you using? I'm finding hot glue to be hard to control and messy. Help? Thanks!

Edit: Also what weight of card stock are you using 110lb?

I use Aleene's Tacky Glue and 110lb cardstock.

I first saw this suit on Facebook and I am glad you decided to share it here in my thread. This is an awesome build and is a good example of what is possible with a pepakura build and some patience. Great job on your suit.

I use Aleene's Tacky Glue and 110lb cardstock.

I first saw this suit on Facebook and I am glad you decided to share it here in my thread. This is an awesome build and is a good example of what is possible with a pepakura build and some patience. Great job on your suit.

Thanks Mike!

That suit is the mark 6? Mk 7 had the triangle for the arc reactor?

Thanks Mike!

That suit is the mark 6? Mk 7 had the triangle for the arc reactor?

Nope, Mk VII went back to the circular Unibeam. The Mk VI had the triangular Unibeam. Tony wore the triangular arc reactor in both of them.

I'm a newb lol. Where did you find that glue at?

Will krazy glue work?

What's pva glue? Brand, type?

In the process of making test hel now. Is this thing suppose to slip on or am I suppose to cut the back? Right at the moment I can't get it over my head. I scaled it to .97 because I wear 23-1/5" hat

Last edited:

PVA glue is white glue...or wood glue. I use that kind of glue and brush it on the pieces.

Do you have a mid temp and high temp gg? If so lower to mid... I had issues with it on high with glue seeping out on it's own.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back