Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - New Pics pg 100!!

Yes, they will be the same scale but some of the proportions are changing so you may have to double check the parts with the measurement tool.

Could be a problem if the V2 files can't be opened in Pep Designer. There is no measurement tool in Pep Viewer :(

that's my point

thats why drakside sed hed scale them for you buddy but could be a problem when someone could have long legs and a short body lol

Indeed, but just to say, we won't be able to "double check the parts" in Pep Viewer.

But, as you said, that's not a problem for most of the people and most of the pieces though.

the problem is like darkside said some of the proportions will be changed from the original V1 files giving os a hard time to "double check" like DevilFlash said

I still prefer a free armor with some restrictions than pay for files. I prefer everybody can access it freely and give it a try. Pay for the files may prevent some people to try and won't stop (and, may even encourage them..."I've paid for it so I've the right to sell it!") people to sell the files or the recast.

Thieves are a plague indeed, but no limitation will ever prevent them to take advantage from others...so I prefer the fee-less option so it's accessible for anyone.

I still prefer a free armor with some restrictions than pay for files. I prefer everybody can access it freely and give it a try. Pay for the files may prevent some people to try and won't stop (and, may even encourage them..."I've paid for it so I've the right to sell it!") people to sell the files or the recast.

Thieves are a plague indeed, but no limitation will ever prevent them to take advantage from others...so I prefer the fee-less option so it's accessible for anyone.

I agree and I also like the V.I.P option if you pay your a vip if not bad luck

Yep I still am. At this point it looks clean enough for me to proceed with cutting the faceplate out and the back plate out as well. I don't have a Dremel so I'm still gonna have to find one to do the cutting and the final cleaning. I'll post another pic with better lighting so you guys can critique it :) I'm a bit of a perfectionist and strive to make a helmet as good as Project Earth's :p

I'm still have to start the fiberglassing and I'm already thinking In how to cut the pieces... :lol :lol :lol

Anyway, I have a dremel... but I thought it may be better to cut the pieces with a coping saw... I think the result will be more accurate and cleaner so it will need less work afterwards... but I haven't try it! maybe someone can give us a hint about this :)

800px-Coping_saw_2.jpg

:D

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

- - - Updated - - -

In my opinion, mike has spent his time and money on these files and he deserves to have full ownership of them. If you are unhappy with his decision then tough.....he has a right to recognition.

Kinda missed my point there Richie11 :confused

I just think there must be another way which doesn't hamper honest people. DevilFlash makes a good point though, sell it and people will think they have the right to sell it on. Also the method being used at the moment is not fool proof, but maybe there isn't a thief proof method?

I'm just wondering how the people who haven't made the V1 files are going to figure out what size they need if they can't check measurements etc. Tester V2 suit files maybe? Or additional info like measurements as well as scale on each protected file?

Kinda missed my point there Richie11 :confused

I just think there must be another way which doesn't hamper honest people. DevilFlash makes a good point though, sell it and people will think they have the right to sell it on. Also the method being used at the moment is not fool proof, but maybe there isn't a thief proof method?

I'm just wondering how the people who haven't made the V1 files are going to figure out what size they need if they can't check measurements etc. Tester V2 suit files maybe? Or additional info like measurements as well as scale on each protected file?

maybe if TAMA software upgraded pep viewer to have a measurement tool like pep designer dose then it would be easier for us and still give Mike control over his files

Between my night guard shift and sleeping during the day, I managed to progress on the boot. The shoe fits well.

That's a relieve after my troubles getting the thighs right (which they still don't :().

Attachments

• botte1.jpg
    botte1.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 148
  • botte2.jpg
    botte2.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 217

maybe if TAMA software upgraded pep viewer to have a measurement tool like pep designer dose then it would be easier for us and still give Mike control over his files

That would work... Mike was talking to Tamasoft about changes...

That is looking really good. Awesome job so far. :thumbsup

So to address that last several comments regarding the V2 pep files:

There is not currently a measurement tool in Pep Viewer although I have already talked to my contact at Tamasoft and he says this is a plausible change that can be implemented. They will probably include it in the next major update.

I have already talked about making tester files for the V2 peps. I think that this will solve a couple issues. First, if the measurement tool is not in Pep Viewer yet you will be able to use it on the tester files. Second, you can build the tester files, which will be a bare bones exoskeleton, to check the fit of the various parts and adjust the scale as necessary. How many of you have built a fully detailed piece only to find out it was the wrong scale and then have to build another one or maybe you just settled for the one that is the wrong size just cause it was so much work to build? This will keep you guys from getting burnt out and it will make it easier to check your scale.

This process of making multiple scales available for you all and making tester files for all the parts will not make thing harder on you... it is more work for me. The point is not to keep people from building the files then making casts and selling them. The point is to protect my 3D model. If I wanted to keep people from building suits then I wouldn't share the files. I won't charge for the files. They will be free same as always. I only ask that if you do something with them, like selling casts or winning a big prize in a costume contest, that you keep me in mind and maybe send a donation my way as a thank you for all the hard work I did.

So I know that this is different than what you guys are used to but that doesn't mean it is going to be harder for you. On the contrary, I think this will make it easier for you. You wouldn't go into a store and see a shirt only available in a Large then take it home and alter it to fit you. You go and see a bunch of sizes then pick the size that is right for you. So besides protecting my files... it just makes sense. Previously, you would have to rescale the files then move all the parts around then print it out. How much time did that take you? Now all you will have to do is use the tester file to find out what scale works best for you then select that scale from the V2 files and print it out.

I made the VIP list as a way to say thank you for everyone that contributed to this project. Then I decided to give all the VIPs 2 months earl access to the files as a token of my gratitude. It is true, some people may send a donation just to get on the VIP list to get the 2 months early access but in time everyone will get the files for free. I would like to think that most of you have contributed because you want to show your appreciation for my work. ;)

I think I got everything... let me know if I missed something.

no I think you got everything :thumbsup thank's Mike, and I'm sure we all appreciate all the hard work you've put in to it. I'd just like to add that this is the first I've heard about test fit files for the whole suit. Really sound's like you've thought of everything

Last edited:

This is my 3rd attempt at the helmet pep file. The first two were not accurate... this is as close as I have gotten to accurate. I know there may be flaws but I think I can correct it later. Thanks dark for the files. A lot of compliments with just the pep paper built.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368816285820.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368816285820.jpg
    578.8 KB · Views: 213

no I think you got everything :thumbsup thank's Mike, and I'm sure we all appreciate all the hard work you've put in to it. I'd just like to add that this is the first I've heard about test fit files for the whole suit. Really sound's like you've thought of everything

Agree! We very much do appreciate the work you have done and you really have thought of everything. I had no idea you could strip models out of .pdo files?! Any donations for your work I'm sure we're made in appreciation, the VIP thing was just a happy bonus :)

Just a question for everyone who is more experienced than me. I am slowly building my paper stuff. I'm doing the thigh part but there is something I just dont get.... the 3 longest lines of all... they are kinda weird. First of all, they seems to go inward. second, there are places with 2 flaps, some with none... what the heck is that? Can someone help me there?

Thanks!

Just a question for everyone who is more experienced than me. I am slowly building my paper stuff. I'm doing the thigh part but there is something I just dont get.... the 3 longest lines of all... they are kinda weird. First of all, they seems to go inward. second, there are places with 2 flaps, some with none... what the heck is that? Can someone help me there?

Thanks!

it would be easier to help if you could upload some pictures of the problem aria

Sooo... this is great...
I'm ready to apply the resin, if I don't do it today I will have to wait 2 weeks... but it's too cold!!!
I have read that the resin cures between 18ºC and 25ºC and the maximum temperature for today is just 13ºC :facepalm :angry
I will try to use a heater or something, but I don't want to bring the helmet with the resin inside the house... maybe I can build some short of oven with a dryer and a cardboard... :lol

I was able to build myself a poor's man oven:
2013-05-18 12.37.55.jpg
2013-05-18 12.20.04.jpg

That allowed me to get just the 25ºC I needed, so I started with the resin, the stuff I got is 1 part of catalyzer for 50 parts of resin so is a bit tricky to get the right amount, I used a precision digital scale (0.1 grams resolution) so I could measure 50gram/1gram

2013-05-18 12.58.41.jpg

During the coating the resin didn't cure at all, which was great as I had all time I needed, 40 minutes after finishing I took out the helmet and cut some of the drops that had formed in the lower part. I will leave it with heat some more time and then I will put resin under the jaw and other parts that I didn't get the first time.

2013-05-18 13.36.56.jpg

With just 50 grams I was able to coat almost all of the helmet, I think just 5 more grams (10 at most) will be enough to finish it all.

As I see that this method is pretty fast, I may be able to do some fiberglassing today :D

hey Darkside... I was wondering if it might be possible to see a few more teaser pic's ? but only if you have any to show of cores :)

Thanks!

Sounds like some errors in the unfolding process. You can edit the tabs so that they are not doubled and add tabs where you think they are missing.

I was able to build myself a poor's man oven:
View attachment 186100
View attachment 186099

That allowed me to get just the 25ºC I needed, so I started with the resin, the stuff I got is 1 part of catalyzer for 50 parts of resin so is a bit tricky to get the right amount, I used a precision digital scale (0.1 grams resolution) so I could measure 50gram/1gram

View attachment 186101

During the coating the resin didn't cure at all, which was great as I had all time I needed, 40 minutes after finishing I took out the helmet and cut some of the drops that had formed in the lower part. I will leave it with heat some more time and then I will put resin under the jaw and other parts that I didn't get the first time.

View attachment 186102

With just 50 grams I was able to coat almost all of the helmet, I think just 5 more grams (10 at most) will be enough to finish it all.

As I see that this method is pretty fast, I may be able to do some fiberglassing today :D

Pretty smart there buddy. Sounds like things worked out for you.

hey Darkside... I was wondering if it might be possible to see a few more teaser pic's ? but only if you have any to show of cores :)

Are you saying you want to see teaser pics of the abs/midsection?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back