Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - New Pics pg 100!!

Hi mike, Big Fan!!!!!

Just wanted to ask, when are the V2 files coming out eta..... im going to be getting all the materials in two weeks as it is my holidays, so just wanted to know. thanks a lot and you're a great person mann ;).

Richie

I am working on it.

Yeah, I will repeat the sanding until my hands bleed! :lol:lol

but why do you say to clip the parts? isn't it better to just glue them all? They will stick together anyways with the resin... or maybe is just my bad English and I didn't understand you well... :unsure

And many thanks for the tips!!

Well most people like using the mini binding clips instead of glue. I guess it helps to separate the parts more easily at the end.

Hey Darkside501st,

I wanted to post a picture of the finished MkVII suit to show you what your templates could do, as well as offer some insight on some edits I had to make.

All in all, there were only a few hiccups, mostly the placement of the forearm vents. The pep file calls for indentations on the sides, but they don't show up in the movies' versions of the suit. They're also a bit low on the forearms and should be moved up closer to the joint for the elbow. The spine is a little off, but that was most likely my error, not yours.

I'm not sure if you were planning on updating/ editing these files further, but you're welcome to accept or reject my advice however you choose. I'm actually starting plans on my Mk XL (Shotgun) that I may not be able to finish for some time, so if you have any 3d modeling advice I would love to hear from you. Thanks again for letting me use your templates; the suit made a ton of kids happy at the premier opening weekend, and made an excellent addition to my cosplay room. Iron Man snip.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Here's another with a better look at the front of the suit.

snip 2.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

I can get more photos if you want a better look at other pieces, too.

Will the V2 files use the same scale system as the V1's since I already know I wear a 26.5 in V1

So I just glued all the pieces together, mainly because the fit between them wasn't so good so I think it will be better if do all the fiberglassing with the whole helmet and cut them later...

There are some places not as smooth as I would like, but I hope I can fix this with the bondo and sanding :)

I plan to add some support inside the helmet just to do the first resin layer and ensure there isn't any deformation before it cures and hardens

helmet2.gif

(I hope the GIF isn't too heavy...)

Attachments

• helmet_2.jpg
    helmet_2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 93

Looks great! I did two layers of resin to soak the paper, one interior and one exterior. I'd start with the exterior since interior will risk drawing the weak spots in and creating craters.

If you use resin cloth on the interior, you can go with only one or two layers to keep it lightweight but strong. I've dropped mine six feet without a dent, and I have a thin layer of bondo on top. Also make sure you use a sanding block when you sand so you don't get ridges from your fingers in the details. I hope I'm helping more than just firing information at you that you don't need.

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files

Hey do you by chance have the Iron man mark 7 helmet file I have everything but the helmet. BTW thank you so much for the other files they are amazing. You do a great job!

If you use resin cloth on the interior, you can go with only one or two layers to keep it lightweight but strong. I've dropped mine six feet without a dent, and I have a thin layer of bondo on top. Also make sure you use a sanding block when you sand so you don't get ridges from your fingers in the details. I hope I'm helping more than just firing information at you that you don't need.

yes. I plan to do a couple of layers or so. Maybe I will reinforce a bit more the edges. But this will all depend on how well is going.

And of course all information I can get is wellcome! I don't have any previous experience with this, so any input you can give me is great! Thanks

Will the V2 files use the same scale system as the V1's since I already know I wear a 26.5 in V1

Yes, they will be the same scale but some of the proportions are changing so you may have to double check the parts with the measurement tool.

Yes, they will be the same scale but some of the proportions are changing so you may have to double check the parts with the measurement tool.

hey Darkside... what measurement tool ? is it in pep viewer if so witch version cause I can't seem to find it

hey Darkside... what measurement tool ? is it in pep viewer if so witch version cause I can't seem to find it

Could be a problem if the V2 files can't be opened in Pep Designer. There is no measurement tool in Pep Viewer :(

Could be a problem if the V2 files can't be opened in Pep Designer. There is no measurement tool in Pep Viewer :(

thats why drakside sed hed scale them for you buddy but could be a problem when someone could have long legs and a short body lol

Indeed, but just to say, we won't be able to "double check the parts" in Pep Viewer.

But, as you said, that's not a problem for most of the people and most of the pieces though.

It makes sense to protect Mike's work but it's still not fool proof. Once the Skydrive is full of all the V2 parts in the sizes that the RPFer's have requested, what stops a ****** bag going in and using the parts they need and then building and recasting them? It just seems to me that we are making it a pain in the ar*e for everyone for something that doesn't really protect his work much more than a password did. What about charging a fee to get the password? At least then if there is a Richard Head that recasts the parts, Mike has made some money out it. The fee for the password might send them looking else where for a free file... Thoughts on the subject peeps?

Pretty good so far. Do you plan on cleaning it up some more? I know it is a lot of work.

Yep I still am. At this point it looks clean enough for me to proceed with cutting the faceplate out and the back plate out as well. I don't have a Dremel so I'm still gonna have to find one to do the cutting and the final cleaning. I'll post another pic with better lighting so you guys can critique it :) I'm a bit of a perfectionist and strive to make a helmet as good as Project Earth's :p

:D

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

- - - Updated - - -

It makes sense to protect Mike's work but it's still not fool proof. Once the Skydrive is full of all the V2 parts in the sizes that the RPFer's have requested, what stops a ****** bag going in and using the parts they need and then building and recasting them? It just seems to me that we are making it a pain in the ar*e for everyone for something that doesn't really protect his work much more than a password did. What about charging a fee to get the password? At least then if there is a Richard Head that recasts the parts, Mike has made some money out it. The fee for the password might send them looking else where for a free file... Thoughts on the subject peeps?

In my opinion, mike has spent his time and money on these files and he deserves to have full ownership of them. If you are unhappy with his decision then tough.....he has a right to recognition.

Darkside501st

how have you been this year? For me its been busy ha, I do have a question for you I want to try something different in making the ironman suit not sure if it is worth it but the question is do you know where I could find a file of the iron man suit like the mk 6 or 42 in a full 3d models. Files like AutoCAD, 3Ds max. If I could find a file it would be very helpful.

Thanks

Brent

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back