DALEK NSD - home build

JoeDalek

Hi, I'm new to the site but wanted to share my Dalek build. A build that took me 18 months to complete using the cheapest, most readily available resources I could find.
It was built on the request of my then 11yr old son and was built to fit him inside. He wasn't keen on manually stepping this around so I motorized it too.

So let me know what you think and will post some build pics in the near future.

Attachments

• 20161102_184229.jpg
    20161102_184229.jpg
    620.8 KB · Views: 186
Looks great! I never watched Dr. Who, so I don't have a clear picture of the thing for comparison, but it looks very nice.

Looks really good! Pretty cool being motorised, beats the old bench seat any day!
made a load of these years ago when the NSD first came out, until I got a cease & desist order from the BBC but the less said about that the better lol!..

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

That's pretty cool
I have a set of plans for a full size NSD but time and space is rare at the moment but when I build it I'm going ironside with a cup of "teeeeeeeee"
please show your build as I might have questions
One question to start
what did you use for the eye ? Looks like a fitting I've seen in plumbing bits I've used in the past

That is a beautiful Dalek. Nice work.
I have been contemplating a build. Can anyone give a rough cost estimate of parts and build time so I know what I might be getting myself into? I know there are pre-built licenced ones for $6000 and up. So I guess that is the upper limit. I have seen a completed self built dalek (Genesis) for about $4000 which includes all lighting and voice modulators built in. Question is, could I reasonably do better making it myself for less?

Excellent work! Looks just the ticket! I occasionally still have nightmares about spheres from my own Dalek builds! [emoji23]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back