Dagobah Props - PropStore Resin DL-44

Maybe not, I was going by the dot on the trigger. either way, those dents suggest to me these are generations of the same blaster. The one with the screws in the mount is probably earlier than the other one with the crooked mount.

Maybe not, I was going by the dot on the trigger. either way, those dents suggest to me these are generations of the same blaster. The one with the screws in the mount is probably earlier than the other one with the crooked mount.

It's just a casting coincidence. The trigger shape is all wrong for MGC, as are the rest of the shapes.

It's just a casting coincidence. The trigger shape is all wrong for MGC, as are the rest of the shapes.

:thumbsup good eye. it took me a while to see the differences between Denix castings and these. Now I can't un-see it though, which is cool in a way.

I built another -still slightly idealized- version of the "Muppet" stunt blaster last year.
Going to post some pictures later today

I got my hands on a Broomhandle Mauser toy (or USGI training gun, they were made for both) and some right angle stock of the correct width! I drilled into the gun (by eye, still have yet to find a good bench top drill press at my budget) and tapped for 10-32 screws. I then took a resin mount from Jedifather and used it as a template to hand cut my own mount. I don't have a jigsaw so I drilled a bunch of holes and knocked the shape out. I then took a small hacksaw and removed bit by bit until I could file it to shape. Not half bad!

1) these mausers are small, the same size as a real gun, and the metal is soft. I drilled right through to the other side by accident.

2) I have Jedifather resin ESB scope mount knobs as spacers and service/Praco flash knuts that I drilled out. Can't seem to find a good metal substitute for either, I may just countersink these knuts and wait and replace them later?

3) I plan on finding a 7/8 pipe (right?) and making my own bull barrel. I then can use this flash hider I got from Jedifather (and drill it out somehow?) or I can find a metal one somewhere. Either way it will be easy cutting the gun for the bul barrel this time! The only thing I don't like is the lack of detail on the edges of the gun, but the handle is ROUND unlike Denix grips which are flat, it sits great in my hand!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    816.3 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    772.1 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    327.1 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    609.2 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    721.4 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    583.6 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    800.4 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    662.6 KB · Views: 125
looking good tom! thats some serious elbow grease sanding all that aluminum

Thank You! it seriously was, a brand new hacksaw blade ate through it like butter though, thankfully. It's still a little large, I'll have to re-shape it another day!

now to the rest of this bugger...i can cover my drill hole with a piston actualy

I love this gun, I've always thought it would be cool to do an idealized metal version of it. It's got parts from all three movies, ANH bull barrel and flash hider, ESB scope and greebles, ROTJ scope mount and pistons. I guess the scope mount is a hybrid of ESB and ROTJ, but you guys get the point.

So, without nuts of my own I came up with a new system! Cut the heads off some 10-24 brass screws and used a lamp nut and a T nut together! (Found the 3/8 16 lamp nuts cheap and they were rather thin)

i also cut cut the barrel down for a bull barrel using a hacksaw entirely! It worked better than 4+ hours of rough filing. Also honed the bracket a bit more!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    637.7 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,000.2 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 120
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 114
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    979.6 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,020.7 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    742.9 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    937.2 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 115
Today was a weird and good day. I drilled holes for some spare hex m19 bolts I had lying around. I tried to angle the scope towards the body a bit, like the hoth stunt, and went a little overboard. I'm going to use some putty and creatively spaced holes to compensate on my resin scope.

now I also got some 7/8" OD aluminum pipe offline. It had a pretty thick wall, at least 1/8 or more, as I needed meat to file and shape the bull barrel. I had already used a hacksaw to shape the gun and I used big toothy files to shape the scallops and a flat bottom that slightly tapers toward the muzzle!

in order to stick this in place I actually drilled and tapped two 8-32 .5" grub screws and screwed them in while I held the pipe centered around the barrel. It's rock solid. Only problem...filing the barrel means you don't get sharp corners and the barrel shifted forwards leaving a gap. I'm going to fill it with JB weld like ok my ANH blaster.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    658.1 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    667.9 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    782.9 KB · Views: 100
Some updates today! I puttied and clamped the scope in place by filling the holes for the bolts with putty and then squishing the bolt in there. C clamps kept it steady.

i dusted it with brass spray paint and moved into the greeblies. I found a small computer screw for each of the big parts and installed them literally into the gun, using some 5 min epoxy. Hard as a rock now! Now...what are my options on flash hiders? I have a resin one here but I realized I have no way of drilling a straight 7/8" hole :lol I found out Todds fit on here perfectly with the booster, but it will be some time until those come in

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    761.4 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    623 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 114
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 105
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    691.5 KB · Views: 97
im liking what im seeing! :thumbsup
thanks man!
this is shaping up to be a nice build. Its the first time I've held a mauser replica of the correct shape.

know anywhere I could score 3/4" OD 10-24 knurled thumb nuts or 10-24 thumbscrews with a 3/4 knurled head? I want to swap out these T nuts.

I picked up some diamond knurled McMaster Carr thumbscrews - best option I could find that wasn't ridiculously priced. They look nice! They are 10-24, with 3/4" heads and thread straight into the gun. I had to chop one shorter, since I found out they have a non-threaded portion under the head

i cleaned it with acetone, hit it with light dusting a of automobile primer, which actually filled in some dents and dings! I wet sanded with really fine grit sandpaper before hitting it with krylon satin black. Dusting this time, until it was covered. It's an incredibly thick and smooth surface, don't have photos of the cured paint yet. Now I just need a flash hider!

i painted the mount and scope seperately and forgot to paint the knobs! Lol dusting black on the whole gun now

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    681.8 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    698.7 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    689.5 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,004.8 KB · Views: 122
Here are some better photos of where I am now...

Attachments

• DSCN4119.jpg
    DSCN4119.jpg
    768.6 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCN4121.jpg
    DSCN4121.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 101
  • DSCN4126.jpg
    DSCN4126.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
  • DSCN4128.jpg
    DSCN4128.jpg
    860.3 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCN4129.jpg
    DSCN4129.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 98
  • DSCN4130.jpg
    DSCN4130.jpg
    652.9 KB · Views: 102
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back