Daft Punk Helmet for my little brother!

Did some small work today, but work nonetheless!

I redid the mid seam today using a method from my Friend Pedro Aloha....Thanks man!

7170808999_4dd2ca29ee.jpg

This saw cost me only 5 bucks at my local hobby shop.

7356020898_33ba4929d9.jpg

I used a piece of .30 styrene to slowly inch the saw across a few times to form a perfectly straight and clean line. Worked like a charm. After I took the styrene off, I grabbed a piece of 200 grit sandpaper and inserted it into the channel a few times to make it cleaner. Here's the result.

7356025564_d78f5d8436.jpg

7170813465_7a353a7cf3.jpg

Overall i'm really happy with how it turned out.

7170815693_23b08fb930.jpg

7170817231_01b3d8b98b.jpg
[/url]

7356034208_6141070be1.jpg

This helmet will be done in the next month. I'm hoping to have it shipped by July 10th. I'm gonna miss tiny Thomas, he really has been a labour of love.

My best advice would just be to take your time and know the materials you are working with very well. Patience is key.....and if you don't know how to go about something, just ask! They are thousands of incredibly helpful members here who know a lot more than I do, they would be happy to help.

Moreover, have fun! Helmets are a blast! Have fun on your builds.

Where do you buy your styrene?

Very clean cut. Those kinds of jobs can what just finishes your build and that method as you said (looks like) it worked a charm. Ill have to take a mental note for future builds.

DOUBLE POSTING LIKE A BOSS.

Did a TON of work this weekend, thought I would share.

7390536946_ff67516c57.jpg

I managed to carve out and repair the nose vents and I OFFICIALLY finished filling and sanding this helmet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It feels great to finally say that.

I also wet sanded the dome, and now all this helmet needs is some ear pucks, then some paint. This is getting exciting now guys, I might actually finish by my deadline!!!!

More coming your way, watch this thread closely!!!!!!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back