D.C.'s Supergirl (tv series)

There's one fairly definitive way to determine whether or not Supes is supposed to be the MoS Supes or a new Supes. . . Jimmy James Olson. In SG Jimmy is black guy who's left Metropolis to wherever SG takes place, was JO played by black actor in MoS, if not, then it can't be the same Supes either. Now if JO was played by a black actor in MoS then lends credence to the notion that Supes is supposed to be Cavill (whether he's played by him or not).

There's one fairly definitive way to determine whether or not Supes is supposed to be the MoS Supes or a new Supes. . . Jimmy James Olson. In SG Jimmy is black guy who's left Metropolis to wherever SG takes place, was JO played by black actor in MoS, if not, then it can't be the same Supes either. Now if JO was played by a black actor in MoS then lends credence to the notion that Supes is supposed to be Cavill (whether he's played by him or not).

Except that Jimmy wasn't in MoS at all. Your theory has hit a blockade.

Perry White was black Jimmy wasn't in it at all.

Now if Perry and Jimmy are both black then Lois comes across as the token white person.

Well, so much for my theory then. I could have sworn that Jimmy was in MoS and there was some sort of controversy over it, oh well, goes to show just how much I remembered of MoS.

What you are thinking of was the girl named Jenny, who was theorized to be a gender-swapped Jimmy Olsen (given Jimmy's Golden Age propensity towards cross-dressing, this was exceedingly hilarious). However, even though the cast list on IMDB does not give Jenny a last name, her name tag says "Jenny Jurwich."

enhanced-buzz-27804-1370460471-20.jpg

enhanced-buzz-27378-1370460467-13.jpg

Marriage can change last names though.

Edit
Bottom line, a "Jimmy" was clearly missing and a "Jenny" was there instead.

Last edited:
She could still marry a guy named Olsen.
Well if Jimmy shows up later great. Jimmy and Jenny crack cub reporters.
But I still interpret it as a gender flip of a character for now, you expected to see a Jimmy and what was the closet thing?

I don't think any of that theory holds true with todays movies. I mean look what they did with Trassk in X-men. He went from a tall black man to a 4 ft tall white dude.

Watched this again on the TV (rather than in front of a computer monitor) with the nieces and nephew... and I was more blown away, I got chills. Yes, it's a little corny and a little tv-y, but it's still much more like what I feel Superman should be like. The kids liked it a lot, too.

Could be good. I'll probably give it a try, but I'll have to TiVo it so I can fast forward through the over the top cliche 'Devil Wears Prada' Calista Flockhart stuff.

It's a shame really. I liked her as Ally McBeal, but even the few seconds of screen time she got in the trailer made me want to vomit.

It's always a bad sign for any comic franchise when people think that 'based on comic book source material' equals 'must be played like campy cartoon character'.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back