Cyberpunk 2077 Trauma Team Helmet

Deetz

The second I saw the first teaser trailer showing off the Trauma Team I just had to build this helmet, it's such a cool design.

So far I've finished 3D printing all of the pieces, with a few yet to sand and smooth. I did a little priming today on some of the smaller pieces. The first images are a 3D render I did of the model I built, this is what I intend the finished helmet to look like. More soon!

render06.jpgrender05.jpg 20190828_152127.jpg20190828_152144.jpg20190828_152155.jpg20190828_152204.jpg20190828_152222.jpg20190828_152403.jpg20190828_152427.jpg20190828_152446.jpg

So after hi-res images were released I decided to do a complete rebuild, and after much hard work I've finished up the latest version of the Security team helmet. One big issue and a question I was frequently asked, was how do you see in it? So for this version I've created a clear portion for the front visor and covered it in perforated vinyl. One can see quite easy, the downside is I think it takes away from the look of the helmet, so I'm still on the fence with the perforated vinyl look. I took some time on the interior as well by making some comfy padding and chin strap.

The first version I made used an LED with battery power for the light. On this version, I built a flashlight into the side pod, so no additional wiring is needed. In the hi-res images released by CDPR their helmet also had the visor that could rotate open, so yes, challenge accepted! lol. So this hinge system isn't the greatest but it works. It's a manual operation, there is just no room for servos with the tinted visor in place.

cyberpunk_2077_04.pngcyberpunk_2077_05.pngcyberpunk_2077_07.pngcyberpunk_2077_10.pngcyberpunk_2077_11.pngcyberpunk_2077_12.pngcyberpunk_2077_13.pngcyberpunk_2077_14.pngcyberpunk_2077_15.pngcyberpunk_2077_16.png

So after hi-res images were released I decided to do a complete rebuild, and after much hard work I've finished up the latest version of the Security team helmet. One big issue and a question I was frequently asked, was how do you see in it? So for this version I've created a clear portion for the front visor and covered it in perforated vinyl. One can see quite easy, the downside is I think it takes away from the look of the helmet, so I'm still on the fence with the perforated vinyl look. I took some time on the interior as well by making some comfy padding and chin strap.

The first version I made used an LED with battery power for the light. On this version, I built a flashlight into the side pod, so no additional wiring is needed. In the hi-res images released by CDPR their helmet also had the visor that could rotate open, so yes, challenge accepted! lol. So this hinge system isn't the greatest but it works. It's a manual operation, there is just no room for servos with the tinted visor in place.

View attachment 1445757View attachment 1445758View attachment 1445759View attachment 1445760View attachment 1445761View attachment 1445762View attachment 1445763View attachment 1445764View attachment 1445765View attachment 1445766
This is insane. I just got my Ender 3 Max and wanted a good project, and decided on some trauma team gear!

Are any of these files going to be sold / publicized? Im planning on using the vikingwrex helmet, but yours looks much improved.

For improved seeing I was thinking of putting gaps on the right/left edges of the center "plate" with dark clear plastic so it hides the holes, but you could (somewhat) look out.

I tried using small slots on the very first helmet I did but it's still nearly impossible to see at all. I was thinking of adding a solid white border to the centre area and reducing the perforated vinyl area somewhat. A 50mm space in the centre is still an effective viewing space. That should keep the overall look more in line with the original concept.

Yes, I will be releasing this later however to build it properly you'll definitely need a resin printer for the small pieces to work. All of the side
fasteners were resin printed and then I used 3mm nuts to secure them.

In order to make it look true to the actual model and still be able to see, I can think of 2 options.

1) Put a small camera in the black box on the side of the helmet and wire it to a small monitor on the inside. Your depth perception won't be the greatest but you'd be able to see.

2) Hide hinges on the side or make the face plate removable (perhaps securable via magnets) so you walk around with it open but for photo ops, you close the face plate.

Or you could do a combination of the two, having a camera so that you can see to look in the right direction(s) when getting your picture(s) taken.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back