Custom zipper pulls?

lucifred

Hello RPFers,
I have been toying with the idea of modifying a black Tenba photographic messenger bag to make it look like it belongs on Battlestar Galactica. No reproduction of a specific item, just trying to make it look like it fits there.

I am planning to rip the Tenba logo and replace it with a Galactica round patch in grey and black,, that will look quite good. I added some custom-made cubits in one pocket, as well as a few Moleskine squared pencils, they look like a riff on the "no round corners" theme :)

Now I have a problem: the bag has three Tenba-branded zipper pulls that really do not match the theme... I have a few medals, rank pins (keychain sized) and Kara Thrace dogtags that could be base material. Does anyone have a pointer to some guide/HOWTO covering how to build your own zipper pulls? Does anyone have a vendor that makes custom zipper pulls, in small numbers? How do you design a mold for such things? And if having things molded is no option, how does one replace a current pull with a properly drilled dogtag?

Thanks for any help!

Best -F

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back