Custom Sith - collar and shoulder armor. Assistance?

LadySythe

Ok, this is...probably the wrong place to post this but I've looked all over to be sure where to put this. I am currently working on a custom Sith but I'm stumped and looking for ideas/advice. Well, basically, help. I am on an uber tight budget and racing the clock to get everything done and sorted before the end of March next year. We all know what happens in April 2015 ;) Now, I'll explain a little bit about my Sith then get down to what I need help with.

My Sith is an alchemist/sorceress set back long before Bane came into existence. Several thousand years before. Classic looking Sith but feminine yet not over the top like a lot of Sith can be with their style (gold and jewels everywhere). There is no other Sith like her. Even her design is original, though....you'll see a few things familiar (which I took inspiration from). Note, the head dress won't be made. Yet. I wear a Nihilis mask with a crown of horns added to it attached to a balakva (grr how do you spell it??) with custom paint designs on it.

Concept artwork (note, this is my own personal artwork)

Sith2a_zpse0565ee4_a_zps70a47434.jpg

Now, to get to what I am needing. I need HELP getting the collar and shoulder armor made. I'm hoping to have the belt decoration piece made by different means. I've no idea how to go about getting them made... I can't really commission someone due to time and financial constraints so I'm forced to attempt making them on my own. I've thought of leather, warbla, sculpy, sintra, eva... I want it to appear to have weight and it will be golden to appear little gold metal yet still be light. I'd like it made in sections or individual pieces so it will move and flex when I need it to. Also, I need it to hold up and not need to be repaired too often. The shoulder bells, well...not too difficult I guess. I'm just more worried about the collar. Could one guess how much of what type of material(s) I'd need to complete both items? OH! And does anyone know where I can get/how to make/diy resin gems? I'll need those too :rolleyes

10818200_10205697216408827_1212404240896040879_o_zpseded5ace.jpg

IMG_8477_zps83ee8913.jpg

IMG_8478_zps27e00b24.jpg

Ideas? Comments? Advice? I am a novice costume maker, so be gentle :p

Last edited:
I would go with craft foam/yoga mat foam. For a multi-piece design that needs flexibility for movement it should work great, plus it's on the cheap side. I've seen some stunning foam builds and if you're willing to put in the time I bet it will look amazing.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back